Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 10:10 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
One of me ? And just what party do you think I belong to ?
You think I voted for McCain ? You think I voted for Bush the second time ?

I woke up some time ago to the D vs R hyperbole and neither has my loyalty.

FWIW..had Hillary been on the ticket instead of Obama I would have voted Dem. And I did not vote Repub. in 2008.
So what does that tell you ?
My apologies. Considering what you were saying and the fact you're from TX, I assumed you were one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 10:11 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
What a conundrum. Will the repubs on this board now reverse their stance and have to start giving him the stamp of approval since he's become one of them? And what will the liberals do?

Moreover and OMG, what will Fox News do? How will they be able to complain about him anymore?

I think it's time for some posters on here to change their little status settings...
It seems you had a dream about 0bama being a republican. We were not privy to your dream, and without some sort of context, we cannot comment it. With 51 responses so far, maybe eventually you might even get to some context.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:16 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,409 times
Barack Obama is hands-down the most liberal POTUS in our country's history.

I therefore can fathom no possible way he could become Republican-like.
Or even Moderate-like.
He's merely trying to curry a bit of favor with the GOP in order to relieve the rampant bi-partisan politics and in-fighting that have been detrimental to his administration's agendas.
You crassly exaggerate and over-simplifiy in your post.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
My apologies. Considering what you were saying and the fact you're from TX, I assumed you were one of them.
Not everyone from Texas is a rightwing lemming nutjob warmongering racist extremist

Old 07-22-2011, 10:35 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
This isn't even close to being true.

FDR, LBJ, even Teddy Roosevelt (among others) were significantly more liberal than Obama, who is a weak-willed centrist at best, and a center-right corporatist more accurately.

This kind of historical amnesia is truly depressing, and attempts to paint Obama as some radical leftist will only become more laughable as time goes on. He himself speaks about progressives with disdain, and has consistently earned the ire of actual leftists in the media, government, and general citizenry. Stop with the mindless talking points and pay attention to what the man is doing.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:38 AM

This is "the most liberal POTUS in our country's history"

‪Obama: Problem With 'You Progressives'‬‏ - YouTube

Yep. What a leftist firebrand.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:40 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post

I therefore can fathom no possible way he could become Republican-like.
Or even Moderate-like.
He's merely trying to curry a bit of favor with the GOP in order to relieve the rampant bi-partisan politics and in-fighting that have been detrimental to his administration's agendas.
You crassly exaggerate and over-simplifiy in your post.
Oh brother, he's only discussing cuts to SS and medicare today. If that's liberal, then I'm the queen of England.

Curry favor? Um, let's just say that he's doing a lower bow than usual and I hope he has some X on hand.

In fact, I am sooooooooooooo upset at his turncoat ways (and showing us his true republican colors), I have to check out of this thread. But do carry on and see if you all can figure out that he's really a republican.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:51 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The problem is NOT that Barack Obama is a Republican in Democrat clothing. The problem is that he's NOT A LEADER. Never has been, never will be. I've been saying this for 2.5 years. He exhibits not one quality of a true leader. Not one. That's his problem. This guy is a mediator....reminiscent of his community organizing days. I'm not sure why Liberals had such a hard time figuring out that that's all he had to offer. The writing was on the wall in 2008, and yet here we are in 2011 explaining it once again to the Leftists. I think that's kind of embarrassing.

Thank you, once again, smartest poster here. You just said it and nailed it on the head. He never has been a leader, does not know how to lead, never has never will. Writing is on the wall, can't see it now, you all have problems. He does and says what he has to do, for his own benefit.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:54 AM

By the way, to the person earlier in this thread who called MLK a conservative, holy sh*t, read a book. If you're not being sarcastic, allow me to express my bafflement that you could be so thoroughly wrong, even on a shoot-from-the-hip style message board like this.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:56 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama didn't turn out to be the Democrat you voted into office so you now post that he's switched parties ?

Face it..he IS the Democrat you voted into office. Maybe more should have done more homework on his voting record and his background rather than get caught up in the propaganda.
He ran a slick campaign making promises left, right and center to get voted into office. The masses swallowed all that campaign gorp hook, line and sinker. Now you have buyer's remorse ?

You voted for him and now we all have to live with the policies.

Thank you for telling the truth, you mean don't you more should of voted with their heads, and not their ---? People voted because he was new and he was black, and you all know it. Thought he was going to be your savior, and he has not. Made promises to everyone of us about a new era of HOPE AND CHANGE YES WE CAN, and in reality, no he can't.

The wittle sheeple bought into everything he said, and he swooned them, hope this time you wittle sheeple wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies