Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 06:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I'm sure it was those Lutherans. They're such a violent group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Actually...I'm pretty sure Nancy Pelosi will be holding a press conference shortly to denounce George Bush's failed policies that caused it.

Given 80% of Norwegians are Lutheran you appear to have a good shot at going 1 for 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 07:19 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Must have been a very frustrated and somewhat looney person to be taking that out on kids - 80 the last I heard - so sad.
Actually from his view it makes perfect sense the kids were the next generation of the hated Leftists. What better way to harm your enemy than to kill their young?

Old 07-23-2011, 07:40 AM

800 posts, read 781,126 times
The problem that I have with many of the liberals at this site at the moment is that most fail to realize that this party in Norway is considered centrist and while leaning slightly to the left, is far more centrist than other parties in its coalition. I do not think he was trying to eradicate the left or some jibberish...

Honestly I think the man is just deranged, though he had extreme right leaning sensibilities it doesn't seem to be part of a group or organization. Judging by his actions he must be insane.

And the comparison to fundamentalists in America to right wing Scandinavian neo nazis is a terrible one. Though I don't particularly like Christian fundamentalist, caused they have more or less made my GOP go so far to the right as to be unelectable in national elections, I certainly can not condone the labeling of Christian fundamentalists as akin to large, well supported Islamic terror organizations that serve as the ruling governments of some Muslim countries (Hamas etc.). We still don't know why the man did it.

Looking at all the chatter by Muslim groups it simply just looks this nut case beat them to it. Unfortunately they'll probably try to copy cat this.

However, just we truly need to wait till ALL of the facts are in before we start the political diatribe that I knew would occur regardless of the affiliation of the terrorist

Old 07-23-2011, 07:54 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
However, just we truly need to wait till ALL of the facts are in before we start the political diatribe that I knew would occur regardless of the affiliation of the terrorist
People assumed its got to be a Muslim even before there were any facts. Truth is, there have been terrorist attacks by non-muslims in European countries before that.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:04 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
A whole lot of bigots in this thread.

Anti-muslim, anti-christian, anti-left, anti-right.....gotta grind those axes without facts and then slink back under the rock(s).

Old 07-23-2011, 08:10 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
People assumed its got to be a Muslim even before there were any facts. Truth is, there have been terrorist attacks by non-muslims in European countries before that.
When a serial killer is discovered people always assume it's a white guy because it probably is, but when we assume a terrorist attack is done by a muslim or a blackout/flash rob type robbery is done by blacks liberal tears start to flow.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:12 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
To be honest,the guy just seems to be a nutjob...because IF your problem was with a political ideology,why would you target children,even if those children were at a youth camp run by the political party you despised.

But sadly this will probably be used for political/ideological gain...

Old 07-23-2011, 08:14 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I'd like to hear some of the "Christians never resort to violence" crowd explain 'the troubles' in Northern ireland.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
When a serial killer is discovered people always assume it's a white guy because it probably is, but when we assume a terrorist attack is done by a muslim or a blackout/flash rob type robbery is done by blacks liberal tears start to flow.
Who are the "people" you are talking about? As a European I am familiar with terrorist attacks performed by muslims and non-muslims.
Why do you speak for everyone else? Has it ever occured to you that not everyone thinks like you?

Old 07-23-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
To be honest,the guy just seems to be a nutjob...because IF your problem was with a political ideology,why would you target children,even if those children were at a youth camp run by the political party you despised.

But sadly this will probably be used for political/ideological gain...
Most people in this thread used the incident to further stress their disdain of Muslims. Somehow, now that the facts are out, they have disappeared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies