Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 11:11 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
So, because a so-called "Christian" perpetrated this massacre, we're supposed to ignore it?

It's got nothing to do with the US, we don't don't have any history of violence with RW "Christian" groups, so we have nothing to worry about...

Not only could this happen here, it HAS happened here. The Norwegian terrorist used a fertilizer car bomb to take down that government building. Wonder where he got THAT idea .

No, if it's all the same to you, we're going to comtemplate the implications for the US domestic terror scene of this one a little. It strikes pretty close to home.
(Sigh) back on the radical Christian thing are. Fair nuf.
So this hits close to home for you aye? And you think I'm saying we should ignore it cue these clowns profess to be Christians? Christians blow up and shoot up your area recently?
Little insight on home grown terrorists for your edification. I have, personally been hit by some of these a$$bags, as were friends of mine. Guess what their ....motivation...was?
Some group calling itself the "Environmental Defense Coalition" blew up two of our cattle wiers and took a couple SKS rifles to my buddies herds on the southeast range. 150 head shot to doll rags, two spring fed creeks destroyed. And then they torched a line shack burning up a hundred acres or so in the process. Thankfully NDF had a crew in range and stomped it fast.
Oh they caught them....lucky for them before we did and the Feds tracked them back to some Bay Area left wing organizations splintered off of maggots like Earth First and a couple other less well known lefty wack job cretins.
I make my judgements based on experience. I have no love lost for the fringe left.
So, when someone wants to tar MY faith based on the actions of some varmint lime this clown in Norway and howl about how its going to hit us next because "Christians" just loooooove to further our end by senseless violence......pardon me all to hell for bristling up a bit.
No Christians have ever offered me harm. The same cannot be said of radical, left wing, atheistic, "liberals" professing to have all our best interests at heart.
This bunch in Norway needs hunted down and summarily executed. Norway has the people to do it...and they will. But does this bode for our future here in the US? Does it have any bearing on our political and ideological differences here? Do you really think that Christianity is the "problem" we need to be looking at here? If so ...I suggest a different medication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 11:13 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,336,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Furthermore, the big multinational publications are currently indicating that the authorities do not know what the attacker's motives were. Maybe he was linked to Islamic terrorists; maybe he wasn't. A group has claimed responsibility, but so far what they know about the guy seems to indicate that he does not fit their ideology. The only way that they will find out is to actually interrogate the guy and investigate all aspects of this case, and that will take a while.
The assailant is not and will not be linked to extreme islamism.

His anti islamist sentiments are now well known, he was a member on several right wing and nationalist websites.

Some of his posts can be read here:

Anders Behring Breiviks kommentarer hos Document.no

The website has publicized all his comments and posts (for the record, this website is a "further than normal" right wing site, and anti immigration, but not an extremist site or neo nazi site.)

The comments are in Norwegian, but for those who speak it or those who want to translate it, you have the link.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:14 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,115,527 times
Justice: U bolt his b*lls to the floor of a shack. Give him the top of a rusty can. Light shack on fire.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
I just read that he was a member of the "Progress Party". That makes it seem like he was more like a "Progressive".

Old 07-23-2011, 11:16 AM

96 posts, read 133,711 times
I think everyone should read TheViking's comments. They are all a very precise analysis combined with accurate facts. I agree with every word.

This is a total disaster.

4,301 posts, read 7,031,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I don't think anyone is trying to minimize it. Just to put it in its correct context. I think the lesson of Oslo is that it is wrong to assume Islamic terrorism until all the facts are known.
Actually we learned that lesson after a plethora of rapid left wingers assumed the Tucson shooter was a right winger inspired by Beck/Palin/Limbaugh before the facts were known. Left wingers were getting so irrational and gleeful over the idea that a right winger might be responsible that the moderators banned discussion of the incident.

As I recall, you were one such person who jumped to such assumptions. I do not see you admitting that you were wrong, either. But that is OK, I have yet to see anyone on this forum admit being wrong even when the facts are laid out in front of them.

Furthermore, nearly every English language news source simply pulled info from his Facebook page and lone Twitter post and ran with it. That is the basis for all of these assumptions. The police do not even know the motive yet, because the shooter has not claimed one as of yet. Even so, it is rather arrogant to automatically cram this into a narrow American political box and assuming that right wing Norwegians are anything close to what one would consider right wing in the US, or that being fundamentalist Christian in Norway is remotely comparable to anything in the US. Wait until more details come out before drawing conclusions.

2,735 posts, read 2,462,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

This should clear up any confusion about whether anarchists are right wing (as many CD posters claim) or left wing. Europol clearly lumps them in with the left wing.
Most posters on the right don't think that Anarchists are left-winged. Left-winged people are for big government (so they think) whereas anarchists are against any type of government. They would be more similar to Libertarians.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:17 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QweffL View Post
It is a pretty normal reaction when this particular boogeyman is real and was behind some major terrorist attacks in the last 10 years.
In Norway?

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I know you are just trolling, but I will try to handle this from an objective point of view.

On another forum I frequent, several Norwegian posters have tracked down several posts he has made on other forums. While he is certainly right-wing, he does not seem especially right-wing. Like he is not overtly racist (in one post he explains at length as to why being opposed to Muslim immigration is not the same as hating blacks) and other than identifying himself as Christian, he seems nowhere near as conservative as your average Evangelical. Also, at one point he describes himself as "pro-gay".

Also, he doesn't fit the profile of the typical person who does this. Most of the time the people who do this type of thing (right-wing or left-wing) tend to have a clear current of anger in their writings. He is much more composed and articulate. Also, it is my understanding he is also a rather successful businessman and in many ways is separate from the archetypical "angry loner".

Why did he kill children? The youth camp he assault is run by a group that is associated with the ruling Labour Party. My guess is that this was intended as a decapitation strike. That he felt that the Labour Party was weakening Norway and he figured that the mixture between taking out the existing party (the bombing) with a mixture of killing youngsters that are likely members or even leaders of the Labour Party in the future would (or will) destroy the Labour Party.
What if it turns out that he was pro-gay because he is gay?

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Oh yeah, he sounds nothing like right wing loons in the US.

The only difference between him before the incident and some one like Ann Coulter is that we give her book deals and put her on TV.
Of course. The fill-in-the-blank liberal mind would LOVE to make everyone believe that anyone with conservative tendencies is a terrorist. Show me anywhere that any of these women (and, of course they're women, because the left hate women) has shown any violent tendencies. If you can't, you are lying, fear-mongering, and guilty of libel.

Waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies