Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 06:50 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That was sort of the point...
I know...so the guy's supposed right wing ideology is as unimportant as him being pro-gay...

Seriously,this guy just seems as wacked out as the shooter of Giffords...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 06:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
They will not allow a single event or some nutcase dictate how they run their lives, they don't need a DHS (nor do we, we have enough cops for both of us).They don't perpetuate crime as an industry like the U.S.

The cops have guns in their cars, the attacker was dressed like a cop and fooled many than shot them.

We shall see how they react to all this, the government that is. Outraged parents splashed across the news howling about how the government didn't do anything to stop this does wonders. Are elections coming anytime soon for them? That will play a big part.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:23 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,046,385 times
This was a Norwegian Oklahoma City type bombing...

Old 07-23-2011, 08:28 PM

96 posts, read 133,756 times
Right now survivors are giving their testimonies in the media. Teenagers and young adults tell about how they watched their friends being executed, how they feared for their lives, how they tried to help their wounded friends, how they had to run knowing that others were dying. How they played dead in a heap of bodies, hid in caves, up in the trees. How locals in boats dared make it to the island in spite of bullets raining over them, how they managed to rescue all these kids both on the island and in the water. There are now at least 92 deaths from the bombing and the shooting, the number is expected to rise. Over 30 people are critically injured, additional 30 have less severe injuries, many teenagers and young adults are still missing.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:07 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,536 times
Default Lunatic Norwegian Terrorist Wrote Huge Manifesto

The nutjob rambles on for 1500 pages:

http://www.kevinislaughter.com/wp-content/uploads/2083+-+A+European+Declaration+of+Independence.pdf

I didn't read the whole thing, of course, but here's a bit of what I ran across:

He hates Muslims, naturally
He hates multiculturalism, of course
He talks about the "elites" at lot and complains about the universities -- typical fear of education, no surprise there
He talks about how those who oppose these things -- like him -- are "patriots" -- how typical for the lunatics to endlessly tell everyone how they are the real patriots
He complains a lot about political correctness
He complains about sexual freedom -- no shocker that he prefers a world in which the government monitors bedroom activities
He complains about feminism -- again, pretty typical
He complains about secularism
He wants the entire discipline of sociology removed from academia because "only a small minority of sociologists aren't traitors" -- again, more fear of education, combined with the idea that those who think differently than him, especially those in academia, are "traitors"
He complains about the media
He hates immigration -- of course
He approvingly quotes conservative American writers Mark Steyn, Daniel Pipes and Ayn Rand
He hates Al Gore and Barack Obama -- because they're "Eco-Marxists"...
He thinks Global warming is a massive conspiracy...

Just a very brief scan of his writings.

And he ends with an appeal to "cultural conservatives" to "fix things" -- and he leaves a long list of instructions for making bombs, how to obtain all materials, advice and notes on the topic, and so forth.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:08 PM

3,728 posts, read 4,869,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I want to know what the motives are behind such acts, but I don't base my opinion of people because a few do horrible things.
I doubt that most people that have such disdain for Muslims actually know any Muslims. I live in a country with a big muslim population. I went to school with muslims, I have muslims coworkers, I buy grocerys in a turkish supermarket und I have muslims friends. One of my former boss was a muslim.
I doubt that the muslim-bashers have the same experience as I do.

None of the muslims I know and knew would blow themselves up or cheer when they hear about a terror attack by other muslims.
I do.

I know plenty of liberal Muslims and former Muslims. I am good friends with about four of them. Good in the fact that I have their phone number, I speak with them on a regular basis, and I party with them. They are of Turkish, Iranian, and Egyptian descent, if you must know. It was actually my Iranian friend who (gleefully) informed me that Osama bin Laden had been killed and even gave me a fist bump in celebration. I also frequent Moroccan, Turkish, and Lebanese restaurants if that matters. There are also several other Muslims I am on good terms with and occasionally socialize with, but not on a regular enough basis to really call friends.

My skepticism of Muslim immigration and dislike of Islam comes from the fact that many Western Muslims are not all that Westernized and the fact that Islamic Fundamentalism is growing in the West. The Muslims I'm friends with are pretty Western and most aren't particularly religious. I am talking about the ones who willfully segregate themselves and indulge in the most extreme forms of Islam. It is no secret that Saudi Arabia spends up to a billion a year to fund Wahhabist mosques and Islamic schools in the West. They also spends many millions to train imams in Saudi Arabia with the hopes that they will go to the West and teach Wahhabism in Western nations. And some of those mosques and imams have had ties to terrorists groups in the West and individuals who carried out hate crimes against gays and Jews in the West.

But, nah, it's all about hatin's some *******s...

Old 07-23-2011, 09:11 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embla View Post
Right now survivors are giving their testimonies in the media. Teenagers and young adults tell about how they watched their friends being executed, how they feared for their lives, how they tried to help their wounded friends, how they had to run knowing that others were dying. How they played dead in a heap of bodies, hid in caves, up in the trees. How locals in boats dared make it to the island in spite of bullets raining over them, how they managed to rescue all these kids both on the island and in the water. There are now at least 92 deaths from the bombing and the shooting, the number is expected to rise. Over 30 people are critically injured, additional 30 have less severe injuries, many teenagers and young adults are still missing.
I'm so sorry your peaceful country has been turned upside down by this horrific tragedy. We have so much violence in America that many of us have become desensitized to much of it. I'm sure you are in shock, but I hope the healing and a path back to normalcy begins immediately.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:13 PM

455 posts, read 633,048 times
Sounds like he was fan of Fox news !

Old 07-23-2011, 09:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
The nutjob rambles on for 1500 pages:

http://www.kevinislaughter.com/wp-content/uploads/2083+-+A+European+Declaration+of+Independence.pdf

I didn't read the whole thing, of course, but here's a bit of what I ran across:

He hates Muslims, naturally
He hates multiculturalism, of course
He talks about the "elites" at lot and complains about the universities -- typical fear of education, no surprise there
He talks about how those who oppose these things -- like him -- are "patriots" -- how typical for the lunatics to endlessly tell everyone how they are the real patriots
He complains a lot about political correctness
He complains about sexual freedom -- no shocker that he prefers a world in which the government monitors bedroom activities
He complains about feminism -- again, pretty typical
He complains about secularism
He wants the entire discipline of sociology removed from academia because "only a small minority of sociologists aren't traitors" -- again, more fear of education, combined with the idea that those who think differently than him, especially those in academia, are "traitors"
He complains about the media
He hates immigration -- of course
He approvingly quotes conservative American writers Mark Steyn, Daniel Pipes and Ayn Rand
He hates Al Gore and Barack Obama -- because they're "Eco-Marxists"...
He thinks Global warming is a massive conspiracy...

Just a very brief scan of his writings.

And he ends with an appeal to "cultural conservatives" to "fix things" -- and he leaves a long list of instructions for making bombs, how to obtain all materials, advice and notes on the topic, and so forth.

So I guess ALL terrorists aren't Muslim/Arabs after all, huh.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:15 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times
I hate a lot of the same things. However, I have no desire to kill anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies