Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 01:48 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
This state independence is sounding better all the time. Oklahoma didn't even have the money for desparately needed upgrade to a highway. They Cherokees came in and DONATED 11 million dollars to get the project done.

The Muscogees have paved and built many rural roads with Muscogee money. The Sac and Fox have built numerous bridges.

Well, there are a LOT of conservatives and tea party types in Oklahoma. There are also 39 tribes, so if the states go independent then we tribes are going to take our land back. The non-NDNs can pay us if they choose to stay, but they will have to abide by tribal law of whichever tribe's jurisdiction they live.

Hell yeah, let's take Oklahoma back to Indian Territory. LOL.

On the West: Who will come to the resuce of the dry states when the water infrastucture fails? Wyoming, Nevada, Arizonia, New Mexico Colorado, California? That 'farm land' in CA, the San Joaquin Valley was desert until massive irrigation projects (FEDERAL) were built and implemented. What about Texas? They are a big 'states rights' state, but they are dry for the most part. Tarrent County has sued Oklahoma to force us to provide water to them. Texas has been on fire this year and the 'states rights' Governor Perry was crying like a baby for FEDERAL help. F Texas. Get your own damned water or dry up and blow away.

Do you guys honestly not see the problems we will encounter? The West is DRY. What will you do about water?

I guess if you are worried about water you will at least forget about marching against abortion.

Strange rant. Splitting a country does not change the amount of water available. Nor does moving power from the feds to the states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 05:58 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
...I always thought our country was too big and too diverse to stay together to begin with. We have 3 options

1. Complete and total quagmire and self-destruction from politicking and banter in DC. A total mess.
2. We develop autonomous commuities like Spain with a very very loose federal center.
3. We become a confederacy (lower case "c") with emphasis on states rights.
Conservative states would have to fund themselves by war and would have slaves what a mess.This time once we beat the hell out of these weak fools again I would say until every drop of blood and their seed is destroyed do not leave the area. Go ahead split off tonight. Im tired of playing nice.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:19 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
I've stated many times it's time to break the USA up. We will never agree with the lunatic fringe lefties.
The Right doesn't just disagree with the Lefties in the States. It's practically the entire planet, which is primarily Left, you have issues with.

So let's not pretend who are the lunatic fringe.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:34 PM

898 posts, read 827,922 times
You're from Mars, aren't you?

Old 07-23-2011, 06:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Strange rant. Splitting a country does not change the amount of water available. Nor does moving power from the feds to the states.
I don't think you understand western water issues, inter-state compacts, the role of federal lands in the west (CO is 1/3 federal land), etc.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:59 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
You're from Mars, aren't you?
No, I'm not from Mars. You just haven't jettisoned your intellectual training wheels yet.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:40 AM

298 posts, read 565,493 times
I actually laughed out loud when I read this! I've read many of your posts, and you seem to be quite an arrogant ***. I'm still laughing at the thought of you professing the values of peace, love and compassion. This made my day...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I'm not going to lie, a Christian theocracy governed by the true Christian values of love, peace and compassion preached by Christ doesn't sound that bad.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:46 AM

You do realize that Texas has a $25 BILLION or so deficit...
Texas has done well the last few years because of the wars, and defense contracts. They are a HUGE part of the economy here. Very little to do with regulations. As a matter of fact, I have lived in MANY states, and Texas is the "fees, fines, and regulations" state, as far as I am concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Umm, I think we already know about the states with fewer regs and lower taxes compared to the high-regulation/high tax states. Check out Texas vs. Michigan or Texas vs. California. No need to tear up the country to run the experiment--the evidence is in.

Now if we can get the pro-nanny-statists to look at the facts...except some of them are just fine with misery as long as the misery is caused by good intentions.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:50 AM

This is what I don't understand... Tea Partiers, etc are running around talking about the Constitution all the time, but they really are ANTI-Federalists. We all know (don't we?) that the anti-federalists did NOT want to ratify the Constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I vote for #3. Our country is way too big for central management.

We need to transfer 90% of federal power to the states.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:20 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoris View Post
Wondering if you would be willing to go to college for 4 years and take on 50k or more in debt to teach school for 45K a year?
That describes a lot of private sector college grads who don't have public employee union overly-extravagant benefits. What's your beef?

Fast Facts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies