Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 01:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,810,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you mean but if it is what it appears you may well be right and there are places for that kind of teaching just as there is a place, the home, where the gay teaching should take place, not in school. I don't believe that Jesus should be pushed in public school but then if gaiety is pushed maybe we need to do that also.
I think you meant if homosexuality is pushed, not gaiety.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:32 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,900,109 times
Quote:
It appears to me that you don't know a lot about life in Kansas these days but go ahead and show your ignorance at every chance.
Likewise.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:16 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,569,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's behavior like this that does not endear anyone who is conservative to any gay cause.

Gay ‘barbarians’ storm Bachmann clinic demanding to be ‘disciplined’ (Video) – LGBTQ Nation

There's video on the link. It's funny and pathetic at the same time.

Why should anyone take seriously a group like this who uses guerrilla tactics to get their point across. Going into a private business to throw glitter around when they are denied access.

Private clinic, nobody twists anyone's arm to go there for treatment.
what can I say, first thing comes to mind, animals no wonder they're gay. they have bird brains, undeveloped bird brains!!

Old 07-23-2011, 02:48 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,526,665 times
Perhaps offering help to those that don't want to be gay is something that backfires at times, but psychology is a "practice" in every sense of the word. Many receive years of psychological therapy, only to end up turning to drugs for relief of their illness, such as depression.
I am thinking that a better approach for the gay community would be to start their own church. When people disagree with fundamental principles of one chapter, they start another, such as the Lutherans, Protestants, and Baptists did. Why not start a gay Christian church, instead of turning your hatred toward the entire belief system. I know there are Christian Animal Rights groups. You don't have to discard God, because of one principal that you disagree with. Christianity can embrace many differnt views of what is required of us. iow don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:57 PM

38,611 posts, read 26,251,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
No scientist ever claimed there was a single gay gene - that's a strawman argument. However there is definitely evidence that there is a genetic component for sexual orientation as well as a pre-natal hormone influence.

My question is:

Is it "correct" for a dubiously qualifed "therapist" to scam gullible self-loathing people out of good money for non-evidenced based, unethical, quack "treatment" that doesn't work and can be harmful?

Is it "correct" for a person to say on the media that gay teens are "barbarians" who need to be diciplined?

Is it "correct" for a person to say that most if not all gay people were sexually abused, when the evidence does not support this self-serving rather nasty claim?

A dozen people dressing up and playing a harmless prank to highlight the ridiculousness of the statements of Marcus Bachmann is not really "correct" I suppose, but it pales in comparison to the malicious anti-gay agenda the Bachmanns and their ilk are pushing.

Thus says Dr. Jaymax.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:05 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,162,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Perhaps offering help to those that don't want to be gay is something that backfires at times, but psychology is a "practice" in every sense of the word. Many receive years of psychological therapy, only to end up turning to drugs for relief of their illness, such as depression.
I am thinking that a better approach for the gay community would be to start their own church. When people disagree with fundamental principles of one chapter, they start another, such as the Lutherans, Protestants, and Baptists did. Why not start a gay Christian church, instead of turning your hatred toward the entire belief system. I know there are Christian Animal Rights groups. You don't have to discard God, because of one principal that you disagree with. Christianity can embrace many differnt views of what is required of us. iow don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.
There is such a church--the Metropolitan Community Church.
Metropolitan Community Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-23-2011, 03:07 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,509,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's behavior like this that does not endear anyone who is conservative to any gay cause.

Gay ‘barbarians’ storm Bachmann clinic demanding to be ‘disciplined’ (Video) – LGBTQ Nation

There's video on the link. It's funny and pathetic at the same time.

Why should anyone take seriously a group like this who uses guerrilla tactics to get their point across. Going into a private business to throw glitter around when they are denied access.

Private clinic, nobody twists anyone's arm to go there for treatment.
Her husband is gay. That is my post.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,162,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I think you meant if homosexuality is pushed, not gaiety.
No, I meant just what I said. They want to be called gay and I have to call their beliefs gaiety. So many words have new meanings these days and I want to assign some new ones.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I guess the best thing that can be said about those 'barbarians' on the tape is, hopefully, they can't breed.
Actually most of them probably can breed.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I think these people are at least a bit barbaric in behavior and their words aren't so hot either. If a bunch of them glittered me I would demand that they be allowed to clean up the mess.

What does the Q in that LGBTQ stand for?
Sounds like a fantasy of yours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies