Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 06:39 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Just look up any poll on the topic or go to any fundamentalist church when they talk of "teh gay". Read rags like WorldNutDaily. Go to any of the gazillion religious based anti-gay propaganda websites. Not exactly rocket science.

You completely misrepresented that "theory". LOL! Par for the course.
Look, just because fundamentalists are largely anti-gay doesn't mean that most people who are anti-gay are fundamentalists. Follow ?

Roughly half the public believe homosexuality is immoral. I doubt that number consists mainly of religious fundamentalists.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:53 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Look, just because fundamentalists are largely anti-gay doesn't mean that most people who are anti-gay are fundamentalists. Follow ?

Roughly half the public believe homosexuality is immoral. I doubt that number consists mainly of religious fundamentalists.
That's not what I posted. I was responding to another poster's statement of:

"The VAST majority of people who have issues with homosexuality are the ones who believe that a man in the sky who appeared from nothing and has omnipotent powers spends his days taking tally of who buggers whom."

That isn't limited to fundamentalists. However fundies are certainly the most loud.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:19 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
Not all straights find homosexuality. Heck, there are some gay people who find straight sex revolting. Its not because of an immuno-response, but because they can't personally picture ourselves doing it and liking it. I find avocados, raw tomatoes and peppers revolting, but is that because my body thinks they are unhealthy? No, its because I don't enjoy them. Also, our bodies aren't exactly wired with STDs in mind. If there was some instinct that acknowledged and tried to avoid STDs, the body would either have some form of protection by now to go with it or a 6th sense that could detect STDs. Neither exist. Next fallacy of division? Or shall we try a different fallacy now?
Is that true? Are there really gays who are "revolted" by the idea of "straight sex"? I've read countless posts by gays here on CD and never encountered that idea before. It's hard for me to comprehend that a gay person could find the idea of their own biological parents having sex as "revolting".

Old 08-05-2011, 07:36 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Considering that you can neither prove that God nor the Devil exist, the threats in relation to them are pretty empty to those who don't believe they have everything figured out. Or those that actually value something beyond blind faith.

Blind faith?

Read Daniel and any history text, then get back to us when you know what you're talking about.

Do you believe the Axis and Allied Powers timed the end of WWII to coincide with Bible Prophesy?

Do you believe fifteenth century scribes were able to see 337 years into the future?

Old 08-05-2011, 07:42 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
as you wish. I tried cutting and pasting, but my typing was in red too, and I didn't know how to fix it.
What I wanted to suggest for your anonymous sex was a cantalope, or a male prostitute, since you're just looking for an orifice, no strings. Or a blow up doll, available at all times.
I tend to think it's much easier for girly men to hook up with other men, because then you don't have to deal with all the emotional stuff that comes with women. We're complicated.
I tend to think none of that made any sense at all and that I was right the first time when I said you didn't really have a response.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Wrong again monkey! As it is present in other mammals and with humans, colons are meant for such.

It's useful and healthy in other animals?

Care to provide proof of that, or is this an example of you making things up as needed?

Old 08-05-2011, 07:48 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Blind faith?

Read Daniel and any history text, then get back to us when you know what you're talking about.

Do you believe the Axis and Allied Powers timed the end of WWII to coincide with Bible Prophesy?

Do you believe fifteenth century scribes were able to see 337 years into the future?
Is this a serious response?

Old 08-05-2011, 07:52 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Is that true? Are there really gays who are "revolted" by the idea of "straight sex"? I've read countless posts by gays here on CD and never encountered that idea before. It's hard for me to comprehend that a gay person could find the idea of their own biological parents having sex as "revolting".
Yes, there are gays who find heterosexual sex as disgusting as heteros find gay sex. On one of my other boards, a lesbian on there actually gets nauseous at the thought of penetration.

Although, I thought most people found the idea of their parents having sex revolting?

Old 08-05-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Actually, only scientific facts would be a threat to the "born gay" theory, and considering most of the scientific world and the evidence suggests that sexuality is set before puberty and most likely is, at least in part, biological, there is no threat. This is not a threat to anyone but the sad individuals who hate themselves so much that they put their trust in religious kookery.

Well Gee-Wiz there jbcmh81, if "sexuality is set before puberty and most likely is, at least in part, biological", what's the other part that it would "most likely" be?

Old 08-05-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Sadly for those self-loathing people who don't want to be gay, it doesn't really matter if they want to be gay or not.

They still are - they can only learn to lie and pretend not to be. Which is not conducive to good mental and emotional health.

There is no credible evidence that so-called "reparative" therapy (aka pray away the gay) works. There is definite evidence that it is harmful.

Which is why all the mainstream health organziations warn against it.

I've also read a few transcipts of some of those "reparative" sessions and found them shockingly unethical. No ethical counsellor or psychologist would try to convince a client they had a bad relationship with their father or were sexually abused when they weren't, just because it fits in with their discredited religious based ideas about homosexuality.

Turned my stomach to hear so-called "therapists" being so manipulative with clients - all because of their own anti-gay values.

Thus says Dr. Jaymax...

Any proof to back up your claims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies