Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 03:52 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times

Advertisements

Those people who didn't notice the error for 12 years should be fired, too. It's scary when people like that are entrusted with large sums of money...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
This is hilarious and a perfect example of the entitlement attitude!

Paid for Doing Nothing: Suspended Office Assistant Kept Getting Checks for 12 Years - Careers Articles

I know she voted for the village idiot!

So there is some humor for the evening!

Automakers' Jobs Bank Program Pays Laid-Off Workers to Do Nothing - FoxNews.com

Old 07-23-2011, 04:11 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
At least she had more sense than the black woman who thought Obama was going to pay off her house, car, put her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, & great great grandchildren through college etc. etc. etc.

‪A Time for TEAHAD‬‏ - YouTube

Everytime one of you type bring up or put up this women I will post this link. This fool is way worse then that fool. You want to feel good in your weak heart by watching that fool,well watch this guy who represents all white short %*** conservatives.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:25 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

‪A Time for TEAHAD‬‏ - YouTube

Everytime one of you type bring up or put up this women I will post this link. This fool is way worse then that fool. You want to feel good in your weak heart by watching that fool,well watch this guy who represents all white short %*** conservatives.
Thanks for the heads up that you will be posting SPAM.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Thanks for the heads up that you will be posting SPAM.
Its not spam. Its the tea party spokesman in action. Just like that black woman you love to say is a typical Obama voter.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:41 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Its not spam. Its the tea party spokesman in action. Just like that black woman you love to say is a typical Obama voter.
The woman in VA was a public employee who is ethically challenged. I'd bet the farm she is a Democrat and voted for Obama. Her race is irrelevant.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:49 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The woman in VA was a public employee who is ethically challenged. I'd bet the farm she is a Democrat and voted for Obama. Her race is irrelevant.
I see, Republicans = ethical, Democrats = unethical, thanks for breaking it down

Old 07-23-2011, 05:15 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Four managers and an executive assistant were fired or forced to resign on Friday. Ms. McGlone is being sued for $319,784 and her co-workers are being named in the suit. She had been suspended twice, the first for bringing a weapon to work in 1998 and the second time for divulging confidential information about a CSB client which resulted in a lawsuit against CSB and Ms. McGlone. McGlone was represented by the Norfolk City Attorney and the lawsuit was dismissed.

Corruption is not limited to D's or R's and nowhere does it say what political party this woman belongs to, nor is it relevant. She is, as Cunuco Beach eloquently put it, "ethically challenged" and I hope the city is able to recoup their loss.

5 workers fired in no-show worker investigation | WAVY.com

McGlone may have to pay back money | WAVY.com | Norfolk

Old 07-23-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I was responding to one of the many cd posters who when they can show some black fool jump on the chance. If you read the post I responded to you will see race has everything to do with it for that person

Old 07-23-2011, 05:28 PM

865 posts, read 623,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
LOL! She does have a case against Norfolk Community Services. They handled this dismally, obviously from the very beginning. They are trying to make her pay for their mistakes, and that will not fly in court.

Even though she did absolutely nothing to earn that $26,000 per year salary, they were still deducting medical benefits, retirement benefits, unemployment, FICA and other taxes from her salary.

What they should have done is have her report to work, and if she did not, they would have grounds to fire her. If she did show up for work, they could have immediately laid her off because she was not needed. Then she would not have grounds for a suit for "wrongful termination", but they would have to allow her to collect unemployment and access her retirement funds. Norfolk Community Services cannot undo their past mistakes by holding her accountable, but they can keep from making new mistakes.
O.M.G. Ok, so they paid all of her tax benefits even though she didn't work for them. A mistake on their part, but how the hell are they "trying to make her pay for their mistake"? If the bank mistakenly deposits $100K in your account, is it yours just because they made a mistake? Try it and see how a few years behind bars works for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies