Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 10:16 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Er, that's a really great stretch of reality there. Did you see a question mark in any of my posts before this one?

I thought most people learned basic punctuation in elementary school, obviously some people are unable to even grasp something that simple.

What is funny is that people who scream about this don't understand the difference between cash on hand and accounts receivable/payable. You can tell when people have never taken an accounting class, or read anything that used accounting terms, in their lives.
blab blab blab... You don't have a clue. It's people like you that get elected and ruin the country...
Really man., get a clue. Better yet, take up golf, you might do better than you do with politics...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 10:21 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Yeah, that's right. That's how Obama plans to get re-elected. That was his strategy all along. P*ss off the AARP, and the election's his. He's going to win 2012 by making sure that angry senior citizens in Florida show up at the polls, but the real linchpin of his campaign is to reward the homeless, chronically unemployed, and most of all, illegal aliens who can't vote. That's the game plan. Paul Begala couldn't have designed it any better.

On a side and somewhat interesting note, I have observed that this seems to be a common theme in conservative circles. A theme in which a liberal anti-christ fools people into electing him once, before his character is then somehow "revealed" once he's in power. Then Jesus appears in the form of a Texan governor and the world is saved.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I can't believe comments from the president was to bully and scare seniors, veterans etc...These are the people that usually go to the polls, he's not trying to hurt them. Why would he want people pissed off at him, makes no sense. He's informing us people! There is a huge problem and he's fighting a group of self absorbed politicians that are only thinking about themselves and their careers. If you know anything about the president then you know the last thing he wants to do is hurt seniors, veterans etc...he's just letting people know so they speak up, back him up to fight. The GOP will happily take your checks, they will happily give you no insurance, they will happily try to blame the president for everything that's wrong with the country. They are our elected officials, what are they doing to help? So far I haven't seen anything.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:22 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Every time Obama talks about default, he says he will CHOOSE to hit the seniors hard. Why would he prefer to stop SS checks and reduce medicare benefits while at the same time sending billions to other countries????? and spending billions on useless foreign wars ????? and Billions on the useless war on drugs?

"We can't just close our deficit with spending cuts alone, because if we take that route it means that seniors would have to pay a lot more for Medicare, or students would have to pay a lot more for student loans," he said.

And then, of course, the blame game. But his tune has changed. He now blames congress rather than George Bush. I guess the "blame George" line just ran out of steam. Never mind that he has led Congress to "rack up" the largest deficit in the history of the world.

"The one thing we can't do -- cannot do -- is decide that we are not going to pay the bills the previous congresses have already racked up," he said.
Because senior citizens are vulnerable and easily frightened.

He's a bully.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Because senior citizens are vulnerable and easily frightened.

He's a bully.
And unlike the young able-bodied welfare crowd could do, they cannot as easily go out and work for a living.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:54 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
blab blab blab... You don't have a clue. It's people like you that get elected and ruin the country...
Really man., get a clue. Better yet, take up golf, you might do better than you do with politics...
Oh I got a good laugh out of this one. Counter facts with blab blab blab.

If getting a clue is just babbling incoherently and ignoring points brought up by other people, I am certainly the most clueless person in the world. What the hell am I thinking requiring education, knowledge, facts, and math to base my position on when I could just stupidly blunder around and let other people tell me what to think.

Thank you for telling me what I should be doing. Your way requires a lot less work and significantly less intelligence.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:56 AM

174 posts, read 117,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And unlike the young able-bodied welfare crowd could do, they cannot as easily go out and work for a living.
Yeah, we should string up those damn little chiselers. BTW, what should we do to the bankers that caused the financial collapse, or the Wally World jerks that are pushing all the jobs out of America, or the CEO's of the drug companies that knowingly sell harmful "medicines"?

Old 07-23-2011, 10:59 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoris View Post
BTW, what should we do to the bankers that caused the financial collapse, or the Wally World jerks that are pushing all the jobs out of America, or the CEO's of the drug companies that knowingly sell harmful "medicines"?
Lamp posts and guillotines come to mind...

Old 07-23-2011, 11:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoris View Post
Yeah, we should string up those damn little chiselers. BTW, what should we do to the bankers that caused the financial collapse, or the Wally World jerks that are pushing all the jobs out of America, or the CEO's of the drug companies that knowingly sell harmful "medicines"?
For starters - stop providing them government bailouts.....

Old 07-23-2011, 11:05 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Every time Obama talks about default, he says he will CHOOSE to hit the seniors hard. Why would he prefer to stop SS checks and reduce medicare benefits while at the same time sending billions to other countries????? and spending billions on useless foreign wars ????? and Billions on the useless war on drugs?

"We can't just close our deficit with spending cuts alone, because if we take that route it means that seniors would have to pay a lot more for Medicare, or students would have to pay a lot more for student loans," he said.

And then, of course, the blame game. But his tune has changed. He now blames congress rather than George Bush. I guess the "blame George" line just ran out of steam. Never mind that he has led Congress to "rack up" the largest deficit in the history of the world.

"The one thing we can't do -- cannot do -- is decide that we are not going to pay the bills the previous congresses have already racked up," he said.
This thread is based on a falsehood. Actually, that just makes it a troll thread.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/12/eveningnews/a.shtml (broken link)

Click link. Learn. Stop spreading falsehoods.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:07 AM

174 posts, read 117,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
For starters - stop providing them government bailouts.....
Drug companies and Wally World gets bailouts??!!! Now I am REALLY angry? Who can I blame for this??!!!

BTW ... Government bailouts went to banks to try to stop economy from sliding in to oblivion. They have paid all the money back, with interest, but the slide seems to be continuing. Think we should tax them rich SOB's that started all this? At least at a rate that is equal to yours? With none of the dodges that their high-priced lawyers work out for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies