Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 01:09 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times

Advertisements

It seems that Herman Cain, the guy running on "I'm a real black man, blacker than Barack Obama" is claiming that his candidacy would take the race card off the table. NO ****, he really is

Herman Cain on Why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 01:46 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Obama seems to have set the bar back in 2008 that made the race card use by a POTUS candidate acceptable. Did you disparage him similarly?

‪Obama's Race Card‬‏ - YouTube

Thread Fail!

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 07-23-2011 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-23-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obama seems to have set the bar back in 2008 that made the racec ard use by a POTUS candidate acceptable. Did you disparage him similarly?

‪Obama's Race Card‬‏ - YouTube

Thread Fail!
Obama didn't go around yammering and yapping about how he was a "real black man" and other's weren't You can't expect either one to competely ignore the race thing but you can certainly expect that if one of them claims his candidacy will take the race card off the table that he is isn't going around blithering and blathering about how he's the "real black man"

Old 07-23-2011, 02:00 PM

Christ his website really sucks. It has a youtube video covering like a quarter of the screen and there's no way to close it

Old 07-23-2011, 02:04 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
I'm suprised just how scared some of the moonbats seem to be of Herman Cain. One of them will let their overt racism show with the "Uncle Tom" card one of these days.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:11 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Now body is scared of Herman Cain and his minstrel show. What a joke.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:13 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obama seems to have set the bar back in 2008 that made the racec ard use by a POTUS candidate acceptable. Did you disparage him similarly?

Thread Fail!
Ironically enough, everything Obama predicted the opposition would do turned out to be true. And if you're naive enough to disparage the racial rhetoric which was being thrown around on conservative talk radio and at Tea Party rallies following the 2008 election, then I rest my case. From the emphasis on his middle name, to the "Go back to Kenya" slogans, to the "he's half white" (in a country where an ounce of black in your blood has made you a ni****); better to direct your sentiments inwards and reflect on the petulant factions within the conservative movement.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Obama didn't go around yammering and yapping about how he was a "real black man" and other's weren't You can't expect either one to competely ignore the race thing but you can certainly expect that if one of them claims his candidacy will take the race card off the table that he is isn't going around blithering and blathering about how he's the "real black man"
I guess you don't understand that Cain was saying that with two black men running race was effectively not something that could come up. How do you belittle a man for being black when your candidate is that way also. Yes, it would surely take the race card off the table.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:17 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
On the contrary, "real black man" are your words, not Cain's. Are you not ashamed to lie so blantantly?

Taken directly from the article you linked in your OP:
Quote:

“I am an American. Black. Conservative,” he said, punctuating each aspect of his self-identity. “I don’t use African-American, because I’m American, I’m black and I’m conservative. I don’t like people trying to label me. African-American is socially acceptable for some people, but I am not some people.”

What is it about the word “African” that the candidatedoesn’t particularly appreciate?

“Most of the ancestors that I can trace were born here in the United States of America,” he said, hitting those last four words with a hammer. “And then it goes back to slavery. And I’m sure my ancestors go all the way back to Africa, but I feel more of an affinity for America than I do for Africa. I’m a black man in America.”

Does it bother you that Cain uses the identity of his ethnicity from a position of strength rather than claiming victimhood from it as did Obama?

Would you similarly disparage Rubio for mentioning his Cuban heritage?

Are you threatened by Cain or just jealous because he has a deeper professional background and resume than does Obama?

This is really just about your deep seeded hatred for Conservatives from an ever more diverse GOP isn't it? Silly really. But, when your own candidate has nothing defensable about his own term or policies then attack the opposition so one one looks at Obama's failings, right?

Old 07-23-2011, 02:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Now body is scared of Herman Cain and his minstrel show. What a joke.
Well you may be right if all you are talking about are from outside the White House, however, it appears to me that that place must be full of people who are afraid they might lose their jobs if Obama loses. Nobody is afraid of Cain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies