Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 03:25 AM

250 posts, read 413,081 times

Advertisements

No more blank checks for Liberals to pee away on Illegal Immigrants and lazy ass welfare folks that refuse to get up to look for work and have kid after kid they can't afford. This country was not built on CHARITY CASES!!!! It's about time we stop borrowing money to pay for all this crap and start building America back to a super power. You idiot Democrats are giving our country away to the world...and it's gotta stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 03:46 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
on Monday morning?

I'm guessing between 10% and 15% of my portfolio maybe 20% will be POOF and my business will hit a flat spot!

Come to the table GOP... show you can negotiate not just say NO NO NO NO !
The house has passed a budget the Dem's in the Senate rejected it. The house passed debt , deficit and entitlement reform and the Dems in the Senate blocked it. Boehner will not cause my portfolio to lose a cent The president and the Dem's in the senate will cause that.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:47 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I fail to see why the republicans will no agree to increase taxes on the wealthy. It becomes very obvious that the republican party is the party of the rich and they are willing to throw the middle class, the working class, the poor, elderly, and disabled under a bus just to line the pockets of the rich. There has not been one job created in America under the trickle-down theory. The only jobs that trickled down trickled out of America and ended in India or China. That is unless you count the part time jobs for $8 an hour at China-mart, MickyD's, or Dollar General.
With Asia markets opening today and still no resolution we will begin to see the effect of the school yard tactics of the republicans. If August brings no settlement and no checks we will see the collapse of the economy when 50 million seniors cannot pay their rents, mortgages, tax bill, utilities, credit cards, car loans, and other basic bills. Don't worry though, the republicans tell us that nothing is going to happen.
Because unemployment is 9.2 % .

Old 07-25-2011, 04:18 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
on Monday morning?

I'm guessing between 10% and 15% of my portfolio maybe 20% will be POOF and my business will hit a flat spot!

If you think John Boener is causing you to lose money, then I'm not sure you are of the mental capacity to invest in the stock market, much less operate a motor vehicle, vote, or speak.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:13 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
on Monday morning?

The question should be how much has Hope & Change cost me in 2 and a half years i used to get 4 cans of dog food for $1.00 when he took office now that same dog food is $1.00 a can so do the math. I don't want too hear its BUSH'S fault that FIDO isn't eating HELL i'am not eating to good myself today My profile is taking even more of a hit because Obama is more worried about his image,re-election than US.Hey DIMOS this guy is killing you and your party you will lose the WH the trust of the American people if you don't tell him to quit with his childish,churlish behavior.Maybe get another canidate to run in 2012 like HILLARY I still can't believe you picked a ROOKIE to play in the MAJOR LEAGUES OF POLITICS when he needed to stay in the MINORS to gain experience.OBAMA is going to hurt you down the road in future elections if you can't reel in his out of control spending unpopular agendas.He lost your majority in CONGRESS because the American people are starting to WAKE UP and are tried of his whinning crying blame game....his silly little quips.JMO.

Last edited by Dumbdowndemocrats; 07-25-2011 at 05:23 AM..

Old 07-25-2011, 05:49 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Please enlighten us. How does the stock market work?
Well you don't scare investors away from the STOCK MARKET by telling people you are going to raise CAPITAL GAIN TAXES to a rate of 38%...and when is the government entitled to take away my profit for my good stock pick...what have they done to earn that? BANK RATES are in the toliet so my money won't be invest there anymore...I will buy two more house to rent to get a return on MY MONEY DOES THAT CLEAR THINGS UP FOR YOU THERE SONNY...

Old 07-25-2011, 06:10 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
It's a silly narrative that equates the invented crisis of the debt ceiling with how failing to pass a debt ceiling will effect financial markets.

There is no reason the debt ceiling can't be raised with a short vote with no strings attached, as both Democrats and Republicans have done before. This time around, a radical right-wing group in the House is using the debt ceiling as a negotiating tool, the way extortionists use killing hostages as a negotiating tool.

Obama should have had a 'no negotiating with terrorists' policy and told the GOP that he wants a clean bill and if they don't pass one, what happens to the economy is on their head. Instead, Obama is prone to engage in negotiations, even if negotiating with himself.

The underlying idiotic policy is to concede to the narrative that the debt must come down now, when 14 million are unemployed and the nation is in recession. Even Republicans argued for deficits to boost the economy in recessions, when they were in power. To claim now that austerity is now the correct policy, flies in the face of what Republicans believed a few years ago.

A time when interest rates are at record lows is the exact right time to borrow and build needed infrastructure, schools, etc. at low rates and put people back to work.

It's clear what the GOP objective is -- make the economy worse to make Obama look worse, so as to increase the GOP's electoral chances. In essence, the GOP only cares about winning elections and not the nation. They're a bunch of unpatriotic, treasonous opportunists.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The house has passed a budget the Dem's in the Senate rejected it. The house passed debt , deficit and entitlement reform and the Dems in the Senate blocked it. Boehner will not cause my portfolio to lose a cent The president and the Dem's in the senate will cause that.
thank you for pointing that out. Everytime I see someone say, "what has the congress done for us" I shutter. People seem to forget we have the house, the senate and the Pres. It takes support of all 3 to get bills passed and obviously the Democrats have no intention of passing any bill supported by the house, or that is how it appears.

Nita

Old 07-25-2011, 08:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I fail to see why the republicans will no agree to increase taxes on the wealthy. It becomes very obvious that the republican party is the party of the rich and they are willing to throw the middle class, the working class, the poor, elderly, and disabled under a bus just to line the pockets of the rich. There has not been one job created in America under the trickle-down theory. The only jobs that trickled down trickled out of America and ended in India or China. That is unless you count the part time jobs for $8 an hour at China-mart, MickyD's, or Dollar General.
With Asia markets opening today and still no resolution we will begin to see the effect of the school yard tactics of the republicans. If August brings no settlement and no checks we will see the collapse of the economy when 50 million seniors cannot pay their rents, mortgages, tax bill, utilities, credit cards, car loans, and other basic bills. Don't worry though, the republicans tell us that nothing is going to happen.
Get over this crap about throwing anyone under the bus and stop the whining and scare tactics about the poor and the elderly particuallarly as well as the disabled. Would you explain how you are comiing to your unrational conclusion? There is plenty of funds to send out checks. I guess you pay attention only to what you want to hear. Have you listened to those who have tried to point out: 9.2% unemployment isn't the time to raise taxes especially when the Pres has not shown us a plan for cutting spending. Everything he has said has been very vague. How do you feel about the Republican budget that the Democrats wouldn't pass and The Pres would have vetoed?

Nita

Old 07-25-2011, 08:44 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish2 View Post
No more blank checks for Liberals to pee away on Illegal Immigrants and lazy ass welfare folks that refuse to get up to look for work and have kid after kid they can't afford. This country was not built on CHARITY CASES!!!! It's about time we stop borrowing money to pay for all this crap and start building America back to a super power. You idiot Democrats are giving our country away to the world...and it's gotta stop.

Most of the "charity cases" the govt is sending checks to are people over the age of 65 collecting SS and Medicare, and veterans.

Nice try at the right wing hyperbole though, Glenn Beck would be proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies