Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 07:45 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
It's best to not engage with some folks on CD.

It's a game with some folks, who pontificate rules of engagement and presentation as it fits their mood or point for the day, Then twist data as if it traveled through the colon and out the anus.

As for the heat wave of 2011, it's still happening in Oklahoma. Two months on and no end in sight.

Forecast of 102 today. Heard last night Arkansas (Fayetteville area) has broken quite a few records this summer.

We're a week away from August. Come on, Halloween. I'm ready for a broom ride across a cool, cloudy sky. The Governor's of OK and TX begged everyone to pray for rain. Maybe we can cast a spell to send this inferno back to hell.
So far in July there have been 1,324 new daily high temp records set. And today and tomorrow are all forecast to be record-breaking scorchers.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:56 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:

It's a game with some folks, who pontificate rules of engagement and presentation as it fits their mood or point for the day, Then twist data as if it traveled through the colon and out the anus.

As for the heat wave of 2011, it's still happening in Oklahoma. Two months on and no end in sight.

Forecast of 102 today. Heard last night Arkansas (Fayetteville area) has broken quite a few records this summer.

We're a week away from August. Come on, Halloween. I'm ready for a broom ride across a cool, cloudy sky. The Governor's of OK and TX begged everyone to pray for rain. Maybe we can cast a spell to send this inferno back to hell.
I so agree.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:08 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Weather is only Climate when weither is hot.

when weather is really cold, weither is not climate.

blather

Old 07-26-2011, 09:12 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

blather
A heatwave is only a heatwave when you live where the heatwave is happening.

If you live elsewhere, then it's not a heatwave, it's just normal weather.

Blather.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:20 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...as you are welcome to debate an issue without resorting to accusing other posters of acting like children, imaginary insults and nitpicking semantics as if you were you appointed the headmaster of The City Data University.

Yes, because calling people a "denier" just radiates adult behavior and attends to the points of the thread. If you can't comment without attacking, then do not comment at all.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:

Do you have a historical analysis of the past temps in Oklahoma over the last 100 years? I think many would love to see how the 1930's line up with such? Oh that is right, that would be pontificating the rules, focusing on the details, and twisting the data right?

Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

blather

And then they wonder why people throw a cold events in their faces.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:35 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Blather.

? heatwaves are weather....I live in Dallas... I know a thing or two about heatwaves and this aint my first rodeo.

triple blather.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Blather.

Odd ain't it? Yes, this is the same for cold seasons, all that matters in terms of establishing meaning is the long term trends. You know, as they keep telling us "climate" is not "weather".

You don't remember the Russian blocking high that came through and how everyone was jumping on the bandwagon to claim it had some major significance? We saw big sensationalized reports about the drought, the people dying, and how hot it was there? Many scientists used the politics of the situation to promote their bias and push a perception that it supported the AGW position?

Then... after it was all over and the real data came out, nothing to see here?

Let us see how this summer turns out. How many here sensationalizing the issue will be willing to come back and say they over reacted? I think I will keep this thread on bookmark and we will wait for the year end report on the seasons when all temps are calculated and the information can be properly analyzed.

Then we can pull this thread back up and see where the chips fall. Agreed?

Old 07-26-2011, 09:38 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Yes, because calling people a "denier" just radiates adult behavior and attends to the points of the thread. If you can't comment without attacking, then do not comment at all.

There you go again

First off all don't even attempt to tell me that the precise reason this thread was started was not to debunk climate change as I'm a little too smart to buy that sack of malarkey.

Furthermore, unless one believes that climate change/global warming is a fact and humans are contributing to it, then it stands to reason that one is denying it (n'est–ce pas?).

Why on earth are you so defensive aboout the reality of the existence of climate change denial?
Climate Change Denial

As the saying goes..."if the shoe fits"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies