Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:43 PM

355 posts, read 208,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Obama, is no Clinton.

You are right. Obama passed healthcare reform and ended discrimination against gays in the military things that Bill tried and failed.
Ummm.......Bill didn't try to end DADT, he signed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 11:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,463,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Drink Water View Post
This is one of the most obstructionist GOP's I have ever witnessed and then they turn the table on Obama being recalcitrant.

The GOP plays dirty like that though.
Exactly. The GOP knows that they don't have a single horse in the stable that they could run against President Obama in 2012 and win. So what do they do? They deal every dirty, gutter move that their pea brains can think of to attempt to derail President Obama's plans to put this nation back on track (after one of their own destroyed it for 8 years).

Which makes me wonder...what type of pixie dust is the RNC sprinkling on their foot soldiers (poor and working class Whites) to get them to completely forget the travesty that was 2000-2008?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:15 AM

831 posts, read 677,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Exactly. The GOP knows that they don't have a single horse in the stable that they could run against President Obama in 2012 and win. So what do they do? They deal every dirty, gutter move that their pea brains can think of to attempt to derail President Obama's plans to put this nation back on track (after one of their own destroyed it for 8 years).

Which makes me wonder...what type of pixie dust is the RNC sprinkling on their foot soldiers (poor and working class Whites) to get them to completely forget the travesty that was 2000-2008?

Well, it cant get any more obvious by calling the only Bi Racial POTUS a "LIAR" in the house, can it?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:20 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,053,009 times
Quote:

Why are you so confident in Obama's re-election? He hasn't been pitted against anyone yet. What makes you believe that America is ready for 4 more years? Personally, I don't think the President has a sufficient record that could support his "please give me 4 more years to complete my agenda" appeal to the public. I honestly don't think he's made enough forward strides to be considered an effective leader.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:22 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,184,288 times
Quote:
Make no mistake about it — Obama is not Bill Clinton. Obama doesn’t believe in compromise. When Clinton was faced with a new Republican Congress in 1995, he did a 180-degree turn on many of his agenda items. He embraced Republican ideas like massive welfare reform and even slashed capital gains taxes. The system of give and take and compromise worked and propelled the nation into economic prosperity.

Compare that to today: The president seems to want it his way or no way.
He said he wouldn't agree to a plan that was all cuts, not one that was only tax increases. He's willing to compromise as in Boehner. The tea baggers in the House are the ones who are holding things up.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:22 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,053,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
Well, it cant get any more obvious by calling the only Bi Racial POTUS a "LIAR" in the house, can it?
Is he not a liar?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:32 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,463,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why are you so confident in Obama's re-election? He hasn't been pitted against anyone yet. What makes you believe that America is ready for 4 more years? Personally, I don't think the President has a sufficient record that could support his "please give me 4 more years to complete my agenda" appeal to the public. I honestly don't think he's made enough forward strides to be considered an effective leader.
That is your opinion, of course. I know that you feel emboldened being surrounded by like-minded bashers of the president but C-Ders tend to lean right and therefore are not representative of most Americans.

I am happy with President Obama especially considering that he went into office with a certain segment of the political machine who vowed to make him fail, he has done a great job pushing past their bs. The Republicans are pulling out all the stops for this manufactured debt ceiling crisis though but everyone knows the score and the Repubs are the losers. A default will lay squarely at their feet; they own this "faux" crisis and Americans will remember these school boy shenanigans come Nov 2012.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:49 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,817,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Drink Water View Post
This is one of the most obstructionist GOP's I have ever witnessed and then they turn the table on Obama being recalcitrant.

The GOP plays dirty like that though.
I think that you should change your user name to:I Drink Kool-Aid!

Old 07-26-2011, 12:54 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,395,966 times
Quote:
That is your opinion, of course. I know that you feel emboldened being surrounded by like-minded bashers of the president but C-Ders tend to lean right and therefore are not representative of most Americans.

I am happy with President Obama especially considering that he went into office with a certain segment of the political machine who vowed to make him fail, he has done a great job pushing past their bs. The Republicans are pulling out all the stops for this manufactured debt ceiling crisis though but everyone knows the score and the Repubs are the losers. A default will lay squarely at their feet; they own this "faux" crisis and Americans will remember these school boy shenanigans come Nov 2012.

Yes, they remembered it all on Nov. 2nd, 2010. How did that work for ya?
The momentum is here. Redistricting will be the nail in Obama's coffin.
Elections have consequences.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:55 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,428,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Obama doesn’t believe in compromise.
This is patently false. You're either not paying attention, or you're being dishonest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies