Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:26 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
According to tp'er a moderate is anybody that agrees with their philosophy all other republicans are liberal communists with an R beside their name. I am not making this up.
I'm pretty sure "Republican" and "liberal" are oxymoronic terms and someone who equates them is - oh, what's the word........NUTS!
Here's another tidbit from the right - Shrub said during a speech that slavery is a "crime against humanity". Don't know if that was off the cuff or prepared by his speechwriter. That single sentence twisted Fox panties and he was soundly chastised over the ensuing days by conservative media. How dare someone suggest that slavery is a moral wrong...humph...
Speaks volumes about where they're coming from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No it is not my father's GOP and I'm thankful for that. My father's GOP sat by quietly while "Tricky Dicky" unConstitutionally took the USA off the gold standard in 1971 and defaulted on the debt for the 3rd time in US History (1st time was under FDR, 2nd under LBJ).
So today's extremist party is better.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
The Darling of the Republican Party for the last 30 years could not be elected dog catcher in a tea party controlled district. This is how far right the Republican party has gone. This is not your father's Republican party.
I'd rather go too far right than to vote for the alternative right now. You think it's ok to vote for marxism over conservatism when we owe 7 x what we make in a given year?

Old 07-27-2011, 11:19 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I'd rather go too far right than to vote for the alternative right now. You think it's ok to vote for marxism over conservatism when we owe 7 x what we make in a given year?
I did not know there was a marxist running for office. To whom would you be referring?

Old 07-27-2011, 11:21 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
The Darling of the Republican Party for the last 30 years could not be elected dog catcher in a tea party controlled district. This is how far right the Republican party has gone. This is not your father's Republican party.
Dittos ...for JFK and the leftist democratic party.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Dittos ...for JFK and the leftist democratic party.
JFK would fit in nicely with the Democratic party. Probably would not do well in San Francisco or some of the more liberal districts, but in general, yes who would do rather well.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Marxism? Don't be vague, who are the Marxists - be specific. And explain their connection to the marxist teachings (keeping in mind that conservatives are largely responsible for "what we owe").
I get it, you are kidding.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:28 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
JFK would fit in nicely with the Democratic party. Probably would not do well in San Francisco or some of the more liberal districts, but in general, yes who would do rather well.
JFK CUT taxes. today's dems would never stand for that.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Obama hasn't cut your taxes? He extended the Bush cuts. I'm interested though to know which of your taxes were increased.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I think you made my point for me. You can't be a conservative by the fringe Republicans unless you cut taxes and never raise taxes. Reagan cut taxes and then raised them right after that three times. SO based on those tax increases he could not get nominated. That was my point. The right is obsessed with lower taxes no matter what the cost to the country. But hey the rich get to keep their money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies