Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 09:42 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,801,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i don't share their views on many topics, but i still have to admit it's a quality paper. They might be biased, but they are typically very professional. By comparison it makes the Wall Street Journal look pretty bad.
Biased? LOL that's an understatement if there ever was one. How do you spell left wing propaganda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 09:56 PM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i have had a subscription to it for years, yes.

You didn't answer my question, though. To you, who is an objective news source?
There is not, Le Roi, an objective news source. Fox is the only conservative news source on television- the rest are liberal. There are very few, if any, conservative news papers in the US. The WSJ is probably considered conservative, but every Gannett owned news paper (which is damn near all of them in the US) is liberal. The Chicago Tribune, LA Times, and NYT is liberal.
Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, and Michael Savage are conservative on radio.

I guess the big difference between you and I is that I actually have some touch with reality and can tell who is liberal and who is conservative. You are so far to the left that you can no longer see the center and any semblence of rationality. That is a perpetual problem with liberals.

PS- "The Economist" is liberal- very much so. Of course, it is Eurocentric, given its publication source, but it is VERY anti-conservative. Again, you really do not subscribe and obviously have never read it.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:26 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,927,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
There is not, Le Roi, an objective news source. Fox is the only conservative news source on television- the rest are liberal. There are very few, if any, conservative news papers in the US. The WSJ is probably considered conservative, but every Gannett owned news paper (which is damn near all of them in the US) is liberal. The Chicago Tribune, LA Times, and NYT is liberal.

I guess the big difference between you and I is that I actually have some touch with reality and can tell who is liberal and who is conservative. You are so far to the left that you can no longer see the center and any semblence of rationality. That is a perpetual problem with liberals.

PS- "The Economist" is liberal- very much so. Of course, it is Eurocentric, given its publication source, but it is VERY anti-conservative. Again, you really do not subscribe and obviously have never read it.
These are just your opinions. Do you have any facts on the matter? The Nation is a liberal paper. Most of the other papers are far to the right of the nation towards the center. Weekly standard is far to the right. JMO

Old 07-29-2011, 09:50 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,507,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

The Chicago Tribune is the paper that usually endorses Republican (key word: usually) candidates, and has more (key word: more) conservative editorials. The Chicago Sun-Times usually endorses Democrats, and has more liberal editorials.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:41 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,915,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
G-d do I hate the NYT, rant over...
You can get your jollies by watching Fox or reading right-wing publications. What's the problem? You certainly don't want multiple views silenced - that would be "un-American".

Old 07-29-2011, 02:02 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,915,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
You can get your jollies by watching Fox or reading right-wing publications. What's the problem? You certainly don't want multiple views silenced - that would be "un-American".
There are some that would be delighted to have any other point of view besides their own stifled and silenced forever.
One can only suppose that sort is the same kind that didnt play nicely in the sandbox with the other children.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:05 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,426,996 times
Lightbulb Take a deep breath, everyone...

The fact is that The New York Times is America's flagship newspaper.

Some posters are acting as though the Time's opinion/editorial page is the entire paper. That's far from the case. The Times is pretty much the standard for print journalism. Their reporting on many incidents/events/issues is as good as it gets.

If you're upset over a column on their op-ed page, relax. You can still tune in to get your daily instructions from Glen Beck.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,331,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
There are some that would be delighted to have any other point of view besides their own stifled and silenced forever.
One can only suppose that sort is the same kind that didnt play nicely in the sandbox with the other children.

They're called liberals.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:25 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,915,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
They're called liberals.
One can only surmise from your posts that anyone to the left of Nero is a liberal.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,331,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
One can only surmise from your posts that anyone to the left of Nero is a liberal.

Do you read this forum? Who is it that's always bitching about Fox news, Rush Limbaugh, or Glenn Beck?

Last edited by Rick Roma; 07-29-2011 at 04:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies