Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 11:05 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
It's because of liberals and civil rights legislation that the southern states started flocking to the Republican Party and have continued to do so.

You pretend that it's because conservatives and Republicans don't care about race? Don't make me laugh.
And guess who started the civil rights legislation? Oh those stupid Republicans . And jack, the South hasn't entirely flocked to the GOP because Democrats still retained their majority or near majority in most of the states. Case in point, Arkansas. That doesn't explain your BS claims that the South ran to the GOP in the 1960s because it never happened. Maybe on a national level, but the state level still had majority Dems, and states like Arkansas have a majority of voters as registered Democrats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 11:07 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
This is just sad. Race or teen pregnancy, The girl should be valedictorian hands down. You really can't argue that. Really. The principle and the superintendent really sh*t the sheets on this one.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Very interesting thread.

Here we are, seven pages and seventy comments into it. I've seen lots of very familiar conservative posters quibbling about the details, quibbling about whether this is typical of what happens in the south, scrambling to come up with alternative explanations for why the principal might have done this.

I haven't seen a single post from a conservative even suggesting that if this girl were denied this honor because of her race there might have been something wrong with that.

That tells me a lot.

It tells me that you have your blinders on so tight.

You certainly didn't read either of my posts in this thread.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:08 AM

419 posts, read 365,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
She's a teenage mother and will represent her entire class. I can definitely understand that there would be parent backlash to that. I wish the principal would have just come out and stated his reasoning, but I'm sure it will come out in court.
What backlash? I am not understanding this backlash you speak of. What parent in their right mind would protest this?

Old 07-26-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It tells me that you have your blinders on so tight.

You certainly didn't read either of my posts in this thread.
Of course he didn't. The principal being a Progressive would shoot down his view that Arkansas is full of racist Republicans when in fact, Arkansas always had a Democrat government and US Congresspeople since Reconstruction. But don't let facts get in the way of those liberals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The guy in question(the principal), is a staunch Progressive supporter.
Yes, Progressive and the KKK go hand in hand since the days of Woodrow Wilson.

You didn't see that coming, did you??
The guy is a Progressive and is not shy about it.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:09 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
I don't think being a racist has much to do with being Republican, which in turn is not synonymous with being conservative. Being a Democrat doesn't mean one is not a racist, but being liberal makes it more likely that you are not a racist.
In other words, liberal is not the same as Democratic, and conservative is not the same as Republican.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't think being a racist has much to do with being Republican, which in turn is not synonymous with being conservative. Being a Democrat doesn't mean one is not a racist, but being liberal makes it more likely that you are not a racist.
That's not true at all. Liberals are some of the most racist people I know. Just like liberals always suspect conservatives of being closet gays because they are so against gay marriage, if you use their logic, then liberals must be closet racists because they are so against racism

Old 07-26-2011, 11:14 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
In other words, liberal is not the same as Democratic, and conservative is not the same as Republican.
Once upon a time, I believed that nonsense as well.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:16 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
She's a teenage mother and will represent her entire class. I can definitely understand that there would be parent backlash to that. I wish the principal would have just come out and stated his reasoning, but I'm sure it will come out in court.
Please give me the name of your crystal ball dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyone57 View Post
What backlash? I am not understanding this backlash you speak of. What parent in their right mind would protest this?
Is this town so small that "everyone" knows the student had a baby? I wouldn't be surprised if many valedictorians in suburban high schools have had an alcohol conviction, a speeding ticket, etc.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:18 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I could say all liberals are idiots who are racist...but then you'd probably want proof, right?

Do you have any actual statistics to back up your claims? Or is this just more hot air?
I would expect Christians to stand against discrimination before defending it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies