Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 03:34 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Funny, Yes Diversity is a wonderful thing if all of them went to Harvard. There are places where I live where they would not have gotten out of the car and there are only white people that live here, but...

‪Dueling Banjos Deliverance‬‏ - YouTube
They didn't want to get out of the car, because they saw no other whites around. I don't live around hillbillies. I see what you are trying to say, but let's stay on track. They are total hypocrites. They wanted diversity, and they got it! And they didn't like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 03:50 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
They didn't want to get out of the car, because they saw no other whites around. I don't live around hillbillies. I see what you are trying to say, but let's stay on track. They are total hypocrites. They wanted diversity, and they got it! And they didn't like it.
So what? Plenty of liberals live in urban areas with non-white majorities and are perfectly fine. Just as some of those who are liberal aren't white themselves. Just because you know some hypocrites(if your story is true), doesn't mean an thing to me.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-27-2011 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: language

Old 07-28-2011, 06:43 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
So what? Plenty of liberals live in urban areas with non-white majorities and are perfectly fine. Just as some of those who are liberal aren't white themselves. Just because you know some hypocrites(if your story is true), doesn't mean an thing to me.
All the ones (liberals) I know are hypocrites, and ummm, just because it is a story coming from a conservative, you liberals always say the "story" is not true. You people need help.
Was I talking about you, or was I talking about my family? What's with the whinney coments about someone to whom you don't even know?
You should not take offense, unless the story hits home with you.
I thought it was funny how they accused me of racisim, yet were too afraid to come in contact with non-whites. I was just proving my point. If you don't like it, too bad.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:13 PM

785 posts, read 619,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You apparently missed where you whined about people with legitimate beliefs being silenced by the leftist media. Being the rightists are so proud of bragging about FOX's ratings I'd say the alleged silencing is just more rightist paranoia.
I think you miss the overall point in that the leftist silencing comes via their considerable hold over the MAJORITY of the media they do hold: MOST print dailies, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, most local affiliates, Hollywood, NPR, Pacifica Radio, etc etc etc. They dont control the ONE broadcast outlet called FOx, making it one major reason to try and kill it.

But...you knew that, right? You tried to give a skewed response and thought you wouldn't get called out on it.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:27 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Are you the other cell the Norwegian killer talked about?

Have you ever heard the term "melting pot"? Yes, that's us, and has always been, and it has nothing to do with left and right.
The opponents of multi-culturalism are often the thinly velied proponents of racism, white nationalisim, or white supremacy.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
What was the attitude of all those italians, poles, irish, etc when they arrived at ellis island? They were thrilled, grateful to be there - and tried to assimilate as best as they could. They wanted to work hard and fit into the larger culture, even if it meant taking menial labor below their education so that their children could have a better life.

Can you say that that's the attitude of a majority of muslim immigrants to EU/US? No, you really can't:

‪Somalians Protesting Abuse From Swedish Welfare‬‏ - YouTube
Nice try at taking one person and using him to stereotype of entire group of people.

There are plenty of hard working law abiding American Muslim people in this country.

Also America has a history of rejecting immigrants and dsicriminating against them. Italians, Polish people, Greeks, Irish, and other immigrant groups initially faced wholesale housing, and job discrimination when they came to this country.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The opponents of multi-culturalism are often the thinly velied proponents of racism, white nationalisim, or white supremacy.
Or how about they are just for integration and the melting pot theory where we blend in and take on the cultural aspects of the country we live in rather than the country we came from.

I think melting pot leads to a more united people than the salad bowl which creates many segregated groups.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
Because we allow them too. It's the White countries of the world allowing massive floods of third world peoples into their country while promoting the belief that somehow it's great that White people will disappear from this world and become minorities in their own country.

We've been brainwashed by our own people and media to believe this nonsense. We're our own worst enemy, no other people so voluntarily commit suicide. charles lindbergh was right when he said ww2 would be the death of western civilization.
You know I read almost the same thing at a white supremacist web site i visited recently.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:19 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Or how about they are just for integration and the melting pot theory where we blend in and take on the cultural aspects of the country we live in rather than the country we came from.

I think melting pot leads to a more united people than the salad bowl which creates many segregated groups.
You mean conservatives believe in collectivism as opposed to individualism?

Old 07-29-2011, 08:21 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
If the far left is so quick to rail against the West for conquering poor, indigenous people for centuries during the colonial era, in africa, the americas, asia, etc., then why is it acceptable to the far left for third world countries today, particularly muslim ones, to do exactly the same thing through mass immigration?

With the mass immigration of muslims into western nations, and their general refusal to assimilate and openly stated goals of eventually converting the western host country into a muslim-controlled and dominated one, why is this reverse colonialism acceptable?

This is just yet another example of why even as a centrist - I detest the far more insidious hypocrisy of the Left.
Mass immigration has to do more with an inverted demographic pyramid. Perhaps if you actually read books and newspapers then you'd realize this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies