U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 AM

1,123 posts, read 714,751 times

Advertisements

If the far left is so quick to rail against the West for conquering poor, indigenous people for centuries during the colonial era, in africa, the americas, asia, etc., then why is it acceptable to the far left for third world countries today, particularly muslim ones, to do exactly the same thing through mass immigration?

With the mass immigration of muslims into western nations, and their general refusal to assimilate and openly stated goals of eventually converting the western host country into a muslim-controlled and dominated one, why is this reverse colonialism acceptable?

This is just yet another example of why even as a centrist - I detest the far more insidious hypocrisy of the Left.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 10:31 AM

4,047 posts, read 4,758,511 times
So what, we should have a religion test for immigrants to filter out Muslims or something?

Old 07-26-2011, 10:45 AM

3,325 posts, read 2,958,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
If the far left is so quick to rail against the West for conquering poor, indigenous people for centuries during the colonial era, in africa, the americas, asia, etc., then why is it acceptable to the far left for third world countries today, particularly muslim ones, to do exactly the same thing through mass immigration?

With the mass immigration of muslims into western nations, and their general refusal to assimilate and openly stated goals of eventually converting the western host country into a muslim-controlled and dominated one, why is this reverse colonialism acceptable?

This is just yet another example of why even as a centrist - I detest the far more insidious hypocrisy of the Left.
Over here it's mexican nationals who won't assimilate. However, I'll play devil's advocate here. I could make the point that western civilization is dying. We've become too decadant. We're on our way out.

Huge numbers of us, american liberals, leftists, assorted marxists ect, virtually all europeans, no longer believe in our culture, our people, or our values. Why would an immigrant from a vibrant, growing, living, culture want to emulate us?

Old 07-26-2011, 10:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 55,644,286 times
So they can enjoy the advantages of true decadence with a tiny minority ruling the economic lives of the vast majority while distracting them from the reality with endless circuses.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:54 AM

17,288 posts, read 27,611,884 times
Quote:

A true liberal would not accept or advocate for representation of ideals or cultures that are themselves not liberal into society. I am socially liberal, and hold progressive ideals and goals over and above any desire for multi-culturalism. It's also why I value assimilation when discussing people coming from other cultures to the United States or Europe.

However, many liberals have an aversion to ever criticizing or suggesting that "non white," non-Western cultures are incompatible with progressive desires and a free society. It's pretty much short-sightedness. Western culture is the fount of progressivism. Cultural suicide or dilution with non-liberal culture and ideals does not advance a liberal cause.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:54 AM

73,518 posts, read 41,021,190 times
Quote:

Are you the other cell the Norwegian killer talked about?

Have you ever heard the term "melting pot"? Yes, that's us, and has always been, and it has nothing to do with left and right.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:57 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,155,591 times
Quote:

If this is a far left problem, why are Republicans not proposing limiting immigration from Muslim countries? I would suspect that most immigration from Muslim countries is legal immigration...not as easy as crossing a river. Although I am sure that many have overstayed their visas, but where is the legislation from the Republican right on this. You blame the left, but I have not seen any legislation from the right.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:00 AM

31,765 posts, read 26,980,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Monoculture is not the opposite of multi-cultural just as multi-cultural is not the same thing as cultural diversity.

You can have a culturally diverse city where one culture is considered dominant or central to the society's values.
Then why the fuss?

Old 07-26-2011, 11:01 AM

7,008 posts, read 6,529,124 times
Liberal code words everyone should learn

Diversity = a pleasant mix of brown, yellow, black, red, and no white people
Multi-culturalism = white genocide

Has anyone noticed that places like Africa and Asia are not forced to integrate and become a multicultural society but Europe and the USA are? ever wonder why that is?

Old 07-26-2011, 11:01 AM

1,123 posts, read 714,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
A true liberal would not accept or advocate for representation of ideals or cultures that are themselves not liberal into society. I am socially liberal, and hold progressive ideals and goals over and above any desire for multi-culturalism. It's also why I value assimilation when discussing people coming from other cultures to the United States or Europe.

However, many liberals have an aversion to ever criticizing or suggesting that "non white," non-Western cultures are incompatible with progressive desires and a free society. It's pretty much short-sightedness. Western culture is the fount of progressivism. Cultural suicide or dilution with non-liberal culture and ideals does not advance a liberal cause.
You are quite correct, but

#1) why don't more liberals understand and embrace the factual points you've made here?

#2) what do you think you can do to get more of them to realize they're wrong

#3) how long before far left psychotics start verbally attacking you here, claiming you are not "liberal"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies