Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 05:32 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I think you are putting the problem on the wrong person. A person in America should be able to have someone walk off the street and get a job. Clearing trespassers out of our country is the government's job. It is the governments job to keep us safe. If they let non-citizens just roam around without documentation, they are not keeping us safe. Time for the federal government to start enforcing the laws already on the books. Nothing else is needed.
??? I am extremely puzzled by this statement. As a business owner, when I'm filling out the Paperwork to hire an employee, I have to ask for their Social Security Documentation OR other Documentation proving they are legal to work. That information is used to to pay the employee's income taxes, social security, etc. As an employee, every time I've started a new job I've had to provide a copy of my Driver's License and Social Security Card.

If they don't have this paperwork, they don't get a job. It's pretty simple. The only ways Illegals are getting these jobs are through falsified documentation, employers not asking for the correct documentation, or employers paying illegals under the table to work. Based on my experiences and hearsay from a few now former business partners, option #3 is by far the most common. #2 and #3 are 100% my fault, and the US Government has several ways to check #1.

This is why they're illegal, they're here without the paperwork to work in the first place. Why is it so hard for people to understand that if they jobs were not here or were impossible to get, illegals would be MUCH less likely to come to the US? If you want to fix the problem, you have to start at the root.

And I agree with you, the US Government SHOULD be enforcing laws on the books - by cracking down harder on companies that continue to hire illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 05:36 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,285,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
What exactly must be reformed? Really, I would like to know.

There are numerous visas which enable people to work here:
United States visas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The USA takes in more legal immigrants than does the rest of the world. Nobody of any substance has a problem with that.

Frankly, we have the most generous legal immigration system in the world. That on top of the blind eye towards all those coming in illegally.

Reform? Stop insulting the public's intelligence.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:37 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,285,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Also they need to be put on a plane and flown back to the country where they were born. Not giving them a job will not solve the whole problem.

We need to stop feeding, housing, cuddling, and pandering to them. We need to let them know if they are not citizens and don't have papers, they don't belong here. We need a national hot-line where people can report those who are here without papers without having to give their identity. And we need to hold our government officials responsible. No more of this, "poor little thing." To that I say, "Poor us!"

Old 06-20-2012, 05:53 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Our immigration system is broken due to democrats and republicans, simply enoforcing existing laws wouldn't suffice. We would certainoly need to do something about lowering minimum wage. But you would be kidding yourself if you didn't think big business Republicans talk tough immigration but want illegals for the cheaper labor. Especially here in Texas, Perry tried to actually get tough on immigration but Republican donors (home builders and grocers) stopped him.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
As I recall it was Bush who proposed the law immagratio reform but they has such a reactio from voters that eve alot democrats voted aginst it.. The facts are who is to blame for not funding the second part of teh last immagratio bill brought inder Reagan which was to seal the border to allow amnesty to those i the country at that time.Thatwas the aim/amnesty for thsoe here then seal the border and no more amnesty. Fool me once was the people reaction. Its a dead issue ebecause of what the administrqatio have doen since in not keeping the second part.Now we have a president who has tried to go arouf the law .and more deceit on what voters supported.Also remmber one of the majopr sponsor oft eh Bush bill was John McCain.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:55 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
This thread just could have been entitled, "Obama blames everyone else for everything......always".

Old 06-20-2012, 05:59 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
??? I am extremely puzzled by this statement. As a business owner, when I'm filling out the Paperwork to hire an employee, I have to ask for their Social Security Documentation OR other Documentation proving they are legal to work. That information is used to to pay the employee's income taxes, social security, etc. As an employee, every time I've started a new job I've had to provide a copy of my Driver's License and Social Security Card.

If they don't have this paperwork, they don't get a job. It's pretty simple. The only ways Illegals are getting these jobs are through falsified documentation, employers not asking for the correct documentation, or employers paying illegals under the table to work. Based on my experiences and hearsay from a few now former business partners, option #3 is by far the most common. #2 and #3 are 100% my fault, and the US Government has several ways to check #1.

This is why they're illegal, they're here without the paperwork to work in the first place. Why is it so hard for people to understand that if they jobs were not here or were impossible to get, illegals would be MUCH less likely to come to the US? If you want to fix the problem, you have to start at the root.

And I agree with you, the US Government SHOULD be enforcing laws on the books - by cracking down harder on companies that continue to hire illegal aliens.
I guess you haven't heard about those people who are getting bills from the IRS for the jobs they have hundreds of miles from their home. Then there are the dead people who are alive again and working. From what I hear, our government is the problem. I applaud anyone that does not hire anyone because you know they are not legal. I just don't think an innocent employee should be getting into trouble when the person asking for a job is a crook.

Even worse to me is the person who is here illegally and does not have a job. We all know where they are getting their money. I hear about them on the news every day. Our government created this problem by not doing its job and both political parties are to blame. Pushing it down the road is not the answer. We need a no excuses, get tough policy and all citizens working on the problem. It can be done, but no one in office seems to want to do it. Our government needs to end this corruption and it is nothing but corruption. Put them on a plane and send them home.

I have been told about illegal families living here collecting as much as $1800 a month, not to mention free medical, free housing and free electric from the power companies for the needy. It is the governments job to keep us safe and they are not doing their job. They are allowing our citizens to be robbed on a daily basis both with taxes that we shouldn't have to be paying to keep these people up and charity money going to them.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:07 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Obama Blames Republicans for Lack of Immigration Reform .

Obama is the King of blaming other people. It is all everyone else's fault. He accepts no responsibility for anything. Of course we know better.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Our immigration system is broken due to democrats and republicans, simply enoforcing existing laws wouldn't suffice. We would certainoly need to do something about lowering minimum wage. But you would be kidding yourself if you didn't think big business Republicans talk tough immigration but want illegals for the cheaper labor. Especially here in Texas, Perry tried to actually get tough on immigration but Republican donors (home builders and grocers) stopped him.
Oh really? So Democrats don't like the cheap, illegal labor also? When the Republicans tried to make illegal entry into our country a felony guess who stopped that one.....the Democrats. Every time the Republicans try to pass any kind of enforcement bill like sb1070 all the crying comes from the Democrats. Obama has sued several states for merely trying to mirror federal enforcement laws on illegal immigration. The Democrats blatantly pander to Hispanics for their votes by promising amnesty and/or CIR (same thing in my book). Obama just gave 800,000 illegal aliens a pass on our immigration laws along with possible work permits. He did the same thing a few weeks ago for 300,000 of them. Don't try to tell me about the Republicans on this issue!

Old 06-21-2012, 10:27 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
his first two years he could have done anything he wanted w/o Republican blessings.

so as usual, hes full of kaka
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies