Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:43 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Interesting little tidbit buried on page 15 of the poll. At the same time in 1994 only 57% of Democrats favored the renomination of Bill Clinton. I think we know how that turned out.
Yeah we sure do remember......

Chinese citizens paying to sleep in the White House, certain stains on Monica Lewinsky's dress (aka BJ in the Oval Office).... Lost White House E-mails.... Samolia... Ignored the 1st WTC bombing... let Osama Bin Laden go... gave North Korea nuclear materials.... lied under oath to a grand jury
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 06:07 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Nope, not in the least....

I find it hilarious when threads are posted here concerning a CNN article/poll that shows Republicans in a negative light you same people crow about how factual and well written the CNN article/poll is...
I don't think you looked at the actual poll until people called you out on the title of the misleading thread from the misleading blog.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:43 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,414,580 times
Just goes to show...if you actually bothered to read and comprehend the CNN article and still believe that 38% of liberals disapprove of Barack Obama's performance on the economy, then maybe it's time to change the newspaper in the bottom of the bird cage.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
This is the OP link to http://www.ihatethemedia.com.
What about the CNN link to it's own poll?

CNN Poll: Drop in liberal support pushes Obama approval rating down – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Your blogger is the one that really misconstrued the poll; however, the CNN pollmaster was also a bit misleading when he strung his sentences together. All that said, that's the POINT of having your own brain and reading the poll data.

Do not always take it as gospel what your bloggers or CNN or FOX or MSNBC people spew. They are not gods. Read the actual poll responses before you buy into what some news organization is vomiting up.

Just because I called you out, you are immediately jumping on the bandwagon that I'm some delusional liberal when, in fact, you know nothing about me and my voting history.

What I dislike is misinformation on this board, on both sides, that is spewed daily. If I see a poll that clearly states something, you won't see me on a thread arguing about it. This poll was clear, the reporting on it was awful, and the gullibility on your side is kind of shameful. Well, not really--it happens, it's easy for it to happen. It's shameful that you won't admit that you were wrong and started a thread to brag on something that was incorrect.
The reporting was awful?

I see you're having trouble reading the poll.

38% of the 54% that DISAPPROVE of obama say he's too liberal. 13% say he's not liberal enough (*shudder*).

Quote:
Obama's approval rating among liberals has dropped to 71 percent, the lowest point in his presidency.
Nothing wrong with the reporting.

Quote:
CNN Poll: Drop in liberal support pushes Obama approval rating down
45% Approve - 54% Disapprove.....great numbers there.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:10 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Okay, so 38% of liberals aren't as stupid as I thought. Good to know.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I don't think you looked at the actual poll until people called you out on the title of the misleading thread from the misleading blog.
I think it's more along the lines of you didn't understand how to read the poll

Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Did you even read the poll? The CNN poll did not poll 1,009 Democrats. It polled 1,009 Americans. Nowhere in the poll did it state that "Democrats think Obama is too liberal..." Why? Because it couldn't. It didn't poll that way.

It stated that 13% of those polled think he is being too liberal. Those people who said that could have been Republican, Democrat, or Independents. We won't ever know. .
Reading comprehension is not a strong suit of tea party/right wing supporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Okay, so 38% of liberals aren't as stupid as I thought. Good to know.
The irony.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
OP's heels are firmly dug into the ground, continuing to throw out barbs to try to feel better, and never admitting they made a goof.
Liberals heels entrenched into the mud refusing to admit their extreme left leaning president is disliked by a growing majority in his own party

Old 07-27-2011, 04:05 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Liberals heels entrenched into the mud refusing to admit their extreme left leaning president is disliked by a growing majority in his own party
You really just don't get it do you.

This poll was not 1,009 liberals, it was 1,009 Americans. The poll states his popularity with Americans is declining. No argument there. Look at your thread title. You state that Democrats think the president is too liberal. The poll did not strictly poll Democrats so your assertation is incorrect. You fail to admit you are incorrect and then you try to twist what I have said. I have NEVER argued that his numbers are going lower in this poll. They are. No big deal to see that. Your assertations are wrong. Your spin is wrong. Your parroting is wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:10 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What about the CNN link to it's own poll?

CNN Poll: Drop in liberal support pushes Obama approval rating down – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The reporting was awful?

I see you're having trouble reading the poll.

38% of the 54% that DISAPPROVE of obama say he's too liberal. 13% say he's not liberal enough (*shudder*).

Nothing wrong with the reporting.

45% Approve - 54% Disapprove.....great numbers there.
There is everything wrong with the reporting. The poll did not poll strictly Democrats. They polled "Americans." To attribute the numbers to democrats in incorrect. They could only do that if they specifically chose 1,009 Democrats. They didn't. I'm not disagreeing with the numbers of who approves or disapproves because I don't argue facts. But we really don't know WHO was doing the disapproving: republicans, democrats, independents, non-voters. So to say this poll shows declining popularity with Democrats or to state that "even Democrats find him too liberal" is incorrect. If CNN and this blogger put that spin on it, that is awful reporting. Just put the poll out there and the let numbers stand on their own with making propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies