Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:47 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times

Advertisements

So now even liberal Democrats think this guy is too liberal

And it's not beyond any stretch of the imagination to think obama's extreme liberalism will not increase as the election grows nearer......

Quote:
“Thirty-eight percent say they disapprove because President Obama has been too liberal, but 13 percent say they disapprove of Obama because he has not been liberal enough – nearly double what it was in May, when the question was last asked, and the first time that number has hit double digits in Obama’s presidency
3-to-1 margin: Even Democrats think Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 01:50 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
38% of Liberals can recognize a Madman.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:59 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
From the CNN link in your link:

Quote:
On the other side of the negotiating table, the poll indicates that GOP is also not faring all that well. Fifty-five percent say they have an unfavorable view of the Republican party, a seven-point increase since March. The Democratic party's favorable rating is not much better, but it has held steady.

And only 37 percent say the policies of the Republican leaders in Congress would move the country in the right direction - a nine-point drop since the start of the year, when the GOP took over control of the House of Representatives.

"Although most Americans say that Obama is not doing enough to cooperate with the GOP, even more say that the Republicans need to cooperate more with the president," says Holland.

The poll was conducted for CNN by ORC International on July 18-20, with 1,009 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.
Besides the fact that the Repulicans seemed to fare worse in this poll, please note that according to the link 1,009 were questioned. It wasn't all Democrats. So, 38% of the 1,009 people polled think he's too liberal. My guess is those people would be Republicans. The 13% who said he wasn't liberal enough were probably Democrats.

The blog you linked to has taken the poll and skewed it.

Here's how CNN titled their poll:
CNN Poll: Drop in liberal support pushes Obama approval rating down

This would be based on the fact that 13% feel he's not being liberal enough, which doubled since the last poll.

You need to learn to read PAST your propaganda machine. Try it man, it feels good.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
From the CNN link in your link:

Besides the fact that the Repulicans seemed to fare worse in this poll, please note that according to the link 1,009 were questioned. It wasn't all Democrats. So, 38% of the 1,009 people polled think he's too liberal. My guess is those people would be Republicans. The 13% who said he wasn't liberal enough were probably Democrats.

The blog you linked to has taken the poll and skewed it.

Here's how CNN titled their poll:
CNN Poll: Drop in liberal support pushes Obama approval rating down

This would be based on the fact that 13% feel he's not being liberal enough, which doubled since the last poll.

You need to learn to read PAST your propaganda machine. Try it man, it feels good.
The only point brought up by the OP was that the number of Democrats who think obama is too liberal are increasing....

Funny how a MSM outfit which is known for it's leftist reporting when it reports something negative on a Democrat all of a sudden is wrong and skews it's polls.....

But when this same MSM outfit reports on anything Republican it's concrete absolute FACT....

Ya'll kill me..

Old 07-26-2011, 02:18 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Most bonafide Liberals and Progressives think that Obaama is waaaay too Centrist regardless of what this particular poll states. I tune in to varied Liberal and Progressive media venues and that is the popular consensus.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
The only point brought up by the OP was that the number of Democrats who think obama is too liberal are increasing....

Funny how a MSM outfit which is known for it's leftist reporting when it reports something negative on a Democrat all of a sudden is wrong and skews it's polls.....

But when this same MSM outfit reports on anything Republican it's concrete absolute FACT....

Ya'll kill me..
Did you even read the poll? The CNN poll did not poll 1,009 Democrats. It polled 1,009 Americans. Nowhere in the poll did it state that "Democrats think Obama is too liberal..." Why? Because it couldn't. It didn't poll that way.

It stated that 13% of those polled think he is being too liberal. Those people who said that could have been Republican, Democrat, or Independents. We won't ever know. But that doesn't stop the right-wing blogger from skewing it and you believing it, now did it?

I am just amazed and how easily you people will fall for this claptrap.

IF CNN polled Democrats, then I would take it as a fact of the poll. But they did not so you really need to stop inventing your own facts.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:47 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Most bonafide Liberals and Progressives think that Obaama is waaaay too Centrist regardless of what this particular poll states. I tune in to varied Liberal and Progressive media venues and that is the popular consensus.
This.

Obama being "too liberal" is a laughable concept.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Did you even read the poll? The CNN poll did not poll 1,009 Democrats. It polled 1,009 Americans. Nowhere in the poll did it state that "Democrats think Obama is too liberal..." Why? Because it couldn't. It didn't poll that way.
Who said Democrats were polled??

Quit reading between the lines like so many Democrats love to do.........

It was kinda hard not to read the title in the pdf file:

Interviews with 1,009 adult Americans conducted by telephone
by ORC International on July 18-20, 2011. The margin of
sampling error for results based on the total sample is plus or
minus 3 percentage points.

The sample includes 856 interviews among landline respondents
and 153 interviews among cell phone respondents.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Who said Democrats were polled??
God, help me...

In order to attribute discontent with "the left", they would have had to poll "the left." We don't know who those 38% were that think Obama has been too liberal.

You stated: So now even liberal Democrats think this guy is too liberal? They don't. If a pollster or blogger attributed that to "the left" they are giving out misinformation. The only way that could be true is if they asked the pollees their political affiliation. They did not.

Quote:
Quit reading between the lines like so many Democrats love to do.........
I'm actually reading the poll data.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
God, help me...

In order to attribute discontent with "the left", they would have had to poll "the left." We don't know who those 38% were that think Obama has been too liberal.

You stated: So now even liberal Democrats think this guy is too liberal? They don't. If a pollster or blogger attributed that to "the left" they are giving out misinformation. The only way that could be true is if they asked the pollees their political affiliation. They did not.
I'm actually reading the poll data.
No, obama help you

Ohhhhh, So you are making ASSumptions....

I gotcha...

I'll bet you defend a poll that sheds negativism on Republicans with as much vigor too.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies