Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
And?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 09:55 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,109,397 times
Quote:
The article also said there was a contract and they didn't fulfill their obligations on that contract, feel free to double-check me.
Right. I was making a comment to another poster as we were talking about the 14 day cancellation policy. If there was another contract, we need to know about it before we can make a proper assessment of the situation. We are not like liberals who jump to conclusions about anything and everything.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Your thread title is very deceiving.

No services were rendered.

Groups cancel events all the time.

Sorry. This doesn't pass the smell test.

Thank you for playing, though.
it depends on what the cancellation policy of the hotel is, and when the reservations were cancelled. the property might get the cost of the rooms, but it wont get the interest in the lawsuit. and if the cancellation policy was followed properly, then the hotel get nothing.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Right. I was making a comment to another poster as we were talking about the 14 day cancellation policy. If there was another contract, we need to know about it before we can make a proper assessment of the situation. We are not like liberals who jump to conclusions about anything and everything.
LOL!!!

All right. I concede the "fact" that although there was a contract...maybe there was a conspiracy and there's another contract hidden away somewhere.

Because often, people will sign two different contracts. Because, uh...just because.

That's how they get ya...

Oy, people.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:01 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,639 times
Quote:
Oh, all right, all right. I guess if I can say "tea party," he can say "retard."

Its "tea bagger". You can say "tea party" without getting reported.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
LOL!!!

All right. I concede the "fact" that although there was a contract...maybe there was a conspiracy and there's another contract hidden away somewhere.

Because often, people will sign two different contracts. Because, uh...just because.

That's how they get ya...

Oy, people.
Thats not at all what they meant..

Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Its "tea bagger". You can say "tea party" without getting reported.
No...that was the joke...as in, "tea party" would be as much of an insult as "retard"...I guess it was too subtle.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:04 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
According to the article they didn't actually get anything, did you even read the story before making ignorant statements like the one above?
Who cares? Their failure to show cost the hotel money. The hotel appears to have been clever enough to plan for this eventuality and put a cancellation clause in the contract. No money was forthcoming, so it's time to meet with a judge. Whether they "got anything" is irrelevant.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats not at all what they meant..
Oh, I get it!

In case this wasn't a "real" contract.

Is this similar to a birth certificate...? Just wondering.

Or perhaps "they" meant "different contract" as in, the reporter lied, in conspiracy with the Naughty Left, to misrepresent what the contract really said. Plus the time frame for the cancellation policy, plus the date of the cancellation itself.

(nodding) (winking) I hear ya, bro. That's how they getcha.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:07 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,639 times
Quote:
No...that was the joke...as in, "tea party" would be as much of an insult as "retard"...I guess it was too subtle.

Yea I knew what you were doing, lmao I figured it was a good time to use the term as an example without getting reported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies