Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 09:11 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
What a vile, racist comment. You don't belong here.
Oh, come on now. Where will I get my daily dose of crazy?

Old 07-27-2011, 09:15 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I hate Jimmy Carter with every ounce of my being. Does that count?
What did he lie about and who called him a liar? Otherwise, it doesn't count.

Quote:
And for the record, the whole country called Bill Clinton a liar, and it was proved he did. He was, in fact, impeached for it.
That was the most stupid thing I've ever witnessed. Spend a gazillion tax payer dollars over an indiscretion. Big whoop dee doo. That really endangered our national security. I'm part of the country and I did not call him a liar. I called him a guy who was very good at his job who was bad at resisting temptation of the female persuasion. And I know where you're going with this and I don't want to go there. What I'd like to know is if anyone OF A POLITICAL PERSUASION serving as a politician (and I already said this) actually did something like call him a liar in a state of the union address?

Old 07-27-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh, come on now. Where will I get my daily dose of crazy?
If Backspace's comment was directed at me, I wouldn't know it. The ignore function is a wonderful thing.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:19 AM

455 posts, read 633,048 times
We need spending cuts AND tax increases.

If corporations have the same rights as people, they need to behave like people, currently they are

amoral, its unsustainable to allow profit motive to dominate the legislative process.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:20 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
You got me. I don’t oppose Barak Obama because he has more than doubled spending while the debt balloons beyond reason.

it has nothing to do with my lifelong opposition to the government socializing large segments of the economy (healthcare bill)

it has nothing to do with my studied belief that government spending is NOT the best option to correct economic downturns.

It has nothing to do with my entire voting history that shows I have always voted for and supported those whose political and economic views are diametrically opposed to virtually everything Barak Obama has supported...(the one exception was voting for Edwin Edwards over the racists David Duke)

Naaaa…. Nothing like that at all. It’s because I am white, he is black and the very idea of the success of a black man makes me sick…

I’ve been ratted out! You got me!

I think the admin of C-D limits ones comments to not include personal invectives. This thread is proof that the policy (as with most rules) ought to have exceptions.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post

That was the most stupid thing I've ever witnessed. Spend a gazillion tax payer dollars over an indiscretion. Big whoop dee doo. That really endangered our national security. I'm part of the country and I did not call him a liar. I called him a guy who was very good at his job who was bad at resisting temptation of the female persuasion. And I know where you're going with this and I don't want to go there. What I'd like to know is if anyone OF A POLITICAL PERSUASION serving as a politician (and I already said this) actually did something like call him a liar in a state of the union address?
lets get it clear, Bill Clinton was impeached for committing a felony. A felony for which his law license was revoked even if he did not face procecution.

Bill Clinton lied under oath. what he did with his junk was not what he was impeached over.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
We need spending cuts AND tax increases.

If corporations have the same rights as people, they need to behave like people, currently they are

amoral, its unsustainable to allow profit motive to dominate the legislative process.

you seem like a smart feller.... maybe you can help me. Its a question I ask a lot to those who make the statement you have....

How do you tax a corporation without that corporation passing that cost along to their customers? We understand that better than 90% of Americans are either Poor or Middle Income.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:28 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
While our Congress is not the House of Commons, I remember that moment and he was totally out of line.

Obama wants to balance the budget on the backs of Americans by raising taxes during a recession instead of cutting programs which should be cut.

They're playing a dangerous game of chicken like James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause, it's like a staring contest to see who blinks first.
Either you're lying, or misinformed. Raising taxes a little on the ultra wealthy, not on average and poor Americans. Just making cuts makes zero sense. Do you understand that just making cuts will lead to even higher unemployment? How, exactly, does that help this country? You can't lay off millions of government workers (at all gov't levels), only offer 6 mo. unemployment pay, and think things will turn out ok. All these layoffs will lead to more layoffs as the unemployed cut their spending. Then they have basically no safety net! This country is in a downward spiral to hell on earth!

Old 07-27-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Give us concrete examples of acts of racism or discrimination against obama.

Oh, opposing his leftist policies don't count.
You know darn well racism and other isms are subtle and hard to prove. Heck, as a woman over 50 I know I am invisible. Can I "prove" it? No, but I've talked with enough other people who have experienced the same to know it's true. Do people want to hire people over 50? Is this age discrimination? Of course. But no one is going to come out and say you are too old. If a person weighs 300 lbs and the other 120, just who do you think is more likely to get help if stranded on the road?

As to Obama, there are no perhaps CONCRETE examples, other than the disrespect he's been shown by a white guy from South Carolina calling him a liar on the floor during his state of the union speech and the birthers. But there are plenty of examples here on CD when people refer to him as Barry Sotero or the crazies in AZ who say they won't put him on the ballot without proof of his citizenship (like any other president has had to endure this humiliation). Examples abound but some are more subtle than others.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:32 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Idiotic statement..at 3 AM maybe there was too much Jack Daniels in the koolaid..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies