Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 09:25 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
...as opposed to the tea party knuckleheads who take their marching orders from Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, and Rush Limbaugh, highly experienced in executive management.

All three are self-made multi-millionaires who understand how wealth is created.

By the way, I prefer Andrew Wilkow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 09:32 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
All three are self-made multi-millionaires who understand how wealth is created.

By the way, I prefer Andrew Wilkow.
The guy who created "Girls Gone Wild" videos is a multi-millionaire who understands how wealth is created, but I don't think he should be calling the shots as to whether our nation goes into default.

Hannity is a college dropout who makes money waving a flag and reinforcing the ideas of small minded gullible people, yet the speaker of the house spends more time catering to what he believes than what most of the American people want. He's refused to raise taxes on the wealthy one penny, while the majority of the country believes that should be part of dealing with the debt.

So, a fringe ideology is behind his lack of compromise.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:41 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
The guy who created "Girls Gone Wild" videos is a multi-millionaire who understands how wealth is created, but I don't think he should be calling the shots as to whether our nation goes into default.

Hannity is a college dropout who makes money waving a flag and reinforcing the ideas of small minded gullible people, yet the speaker of the house spends more time catering to what he believes than what most of the American people want. He's refused to raise taxes on the wealthy one penny, while the majority of the country believes that should be part of dealing with the debt.

Am I to understand that some guy involved in the production of "Girls Gone Wild" is now advising the republican party? OMG. How rich. The irony of the compassionate conservatives and the religious right never ceases to astound me.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:42 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:

The guy who created the "Girls Gone Wild" videos is more credible than Barry.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:44 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Boehner will be called a "Rino" here soon because he seems to want to keep the country from going bankrupt. The Cons are just so predictable.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:44 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Boehner: ?Get your ass in line? - Jake Sherman and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

I can’t do this job unless you’re behind me,' Boehner said to House Republicans

Boehner is looking pretty bad right now. Can't even control his own caucus.
Maybe if he spent less time talking with Limbaugh and Hannity he could get something done....

ETA: Should have read the whole thread before replying, the point was already brought up I see.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Am I to understand that some guy involved in the production of "Girls Gone Wild" is now advising the republican party? OMG. How rich. The irony of the compassionate conservatives and the religious right never ceases to astound me.
No one said that.

The previous posters point was the idiotic one that because Beck Hannity and Limbaugh make a lot of money selling garbage to idiots, they are more qualified to address the nations economic problems than elected officials.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:50 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Boehner: ?Get your ass in line? - Jake Sherman and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

I can’t do this job unless you’re behind me,' Boehner said to House Republicans

Boehner is looking pretty bad right now. Can't even control his own caucus.
Which is why he was the perfect "leader". Republican party is meant to be controlled by such things as "purity tests", not by individuals willing to work under a leadership.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The rational Republicans have to join the Dempcrats and kick Bohner and the Tea party to the curb. They do NOT represent how the majority of the American people feel about the Debt Limit or anything else.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:55 AM

Grover Norquist' pledge that they naively signed is more important to many Republicans than the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies