Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:02 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsutherland View Post
Ok.. I think it is interesting you send me to "a this time is different" and a study that encompasses the 17th century to now as if I wouldn't agree that they always say this is different, yet similarities obviously exist. Nonetheless, I ask you are you a monetarist? What do you think of the book "All the Devils are Here"? What do you think of Kindleberg as quoted in your link? Have you read Inflated which Kindleberg is probably going to incorporate in his updated version of Manias, Panics and Crashes (excellent book IMO)?

I guess I don't get your point sending me there. What is it you are trying to teach me? I suggest each time is different in terms of the tools, yet it still has the underlying theme that we keep inflicting the same torture on ourselves and never seem to learn there is more to life allowing people to take advantage of the naive.
First eight centuries doesn't go back to the 17th century until you're in the 25th century.

Second, humans make things harder on themselves by ignoring the fact that this is evolutionary economics. They fight it and try to ignore it but in the end there it is.

Please don't post anymore, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 07:43 PM

19 posts, read 13,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
First eight centuries doesn't go back to the 17th century until you're in the 25th century.

Second, humans make things harder on themselves by ignoring the fact that this is evolutionary economics. They fight it and try to ignore it but in the end there it is.

Please don't post anymore, thanks.
First, I meant to type a 9, but apparently I typed a 7. Since all charts start at 1800 and that was the data I was reviewing that is what I meant. Regardless of the title, what they charted was the 19th on.

I can understand and will not say anything after this since you were won't answer my questions anyway.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:50 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It is purely reprehensable that the Democrats intentionally destroy wealth of every American who invests, has a retirement account, a pension, etc... . All this is done to enable Obama to spend us another nearly $3Trillion further into debt before the next election. Shameful!

Stocks Sink to Session Lows Amid Debt, Economic Fears - FoxBusiness.com
It is purely reprehensible that you keep coming in here with your one-sided lies. It takes two to tango. Don't tell me that the Republicans are blameless compromisers who aren't playing political games as well.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:57 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
Stocks have gone up since Obama's been in office

Old 07-27-2011, 08:04 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Obama can't get full support from within his party either. Of course you have no issues there.
It would appear President Obama has a hell of a lot more support among Democrats than Boehner has among Republicans:

With Debt Vote Looming, House GOP Tries to Repair Its Fractured Coalition

Quote:
A day before a pivotal vote that could shape the remainder of his Speakership, John Boehner issued a blunt rallying cry to his restive rank-and-file to support his plan to reduce the deficit and raise the U.S. borrowing authority before an Aug. 2 deadline. At a closed conference meeting on Wednesday morning, according to a GOP source, Boehner urged his troops to “get your ass in line” and that he needed his army to support him in order to battle President Obama and avert the economic and political consequences of failing to strike a deal. Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Boehner’s No. 2, told Republicans on Wednesday morning that Democrats had closed ranks behind Obama and the GOP needed to stop squabbling and do the same for their leader.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
I do believe that the Repubs are going to be held responsible for this. Obama has offered deals and the Pubs have said "no".

I have a feeling that there are a lot of 1 term representatives that will lose their seats in 2012. People in 2010 were dissatisfied with the economic environment but I don't think they wanted the extremes that we currently see in Congress.

We shall see....
Exactly!

It seems that the republicans are so divided that they won't get any thing done as they can't even agree with each other. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Get use to the stock market falling because this is just the start.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:50 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
It would appear President Obama has a hell of a lot more support among Democrats than Boehner has among Republicans:

With Debt Vote Looming, House GOP Tries to Repair Its Fractured Coalition
Since democrats run 2/3 of the government that matters right now, what the hell are they worried about?

LOL.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The game being played is by your boys, everyone knows that one Party is willing to deal and the other (YOURS) is not, guess who will get the blame
Casper

The bill is sitting on Harry's desk!

Bring it!

The debate of the bill will be fantastic to watch on C-SPAN

Old 07-27-2011, 11:07 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
I don't know why you folks get so worked up. It's all a big game to them. THEM being congress and the white house. Keep the field hands worried and they're eye off the ball while they rape the country of every penny they can through the treasury.

Continue on

Old 07-27-2011, 11:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
It's childish to blame one side or the other. We're all in this together. You're free to leave the country or join a secessionist movement if you don't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies