Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 11:43 PM

4,559 posts, read 4,096,991 times

Advertisements

oh goodie another partisan thread. Because we all know that according to the posters on city-data, the republicans can do no wrong.

McCain erupts: Conservatives are lying to America - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

Even McCain thinks the conservative line is full of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 12:03 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,978,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The game being played is by your boys, everyone knows that one Party is willing to deal and the other (YOURS) is not, guess who will get the blame
Casper
I hope he does the 14th, We'll have to plod along.... if nothing happens and interest rates etc go up, markets go down, I don't think that will happen because it will affect worldwide and when Wall street speaks people listen.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
It is purely reprehensible that the Republicans intentionally destroy the wealth of every American who invests, has a retirement account, pension, etc. All this is done to enable the Republicans to achieve McConnell's, Boehner's, and Tea Partying republican's goal of making Obama a one term president. Shameful!!
It sure is, but naturally it won't affect the ones doing this, they don't need to worry, they no doubt have taken there monies slowly out of the markets etc until this is over, meanwhile helping the market is drop.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#43920290

Last edited by rural lady; 07-28-2011 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: add

Old 07-28-2011, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Yeah.... I wish but I definitely think it's in the realm of possibility I don't think the Pubs are looking good here.

As I said, we shall see....
One good outcome about all of this bs they are playing is that the people will surely remember their names come voting time for them, I don't think they will get their vote again, we've been hearing their names every day for how long now.....

Old 07-28-2011, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
If you truly think that democrats are the ones throwing the wrench into the gears that keep the US running, you are either delusional or just plain brainwashed.

Mind you, it's also not general republicans that play this dangerous game.

Instead, it's a few brain-dead fringe politicians who try to establish their power by risking everybody's well-being (well, not that of the upper crust, of course). These people are too dumb to fathom that their actions will shake the foundation of this country's economy and that of economies around the globe. Their followers are unfortunate victims of a well-funded and very powerful propaganda machine. Unfortunately, they have been granted more than just a voice but have been put into a position that allows them to hold all of us hostage.

Such events always raise the questions what one is to do in a democracy when voters willingly steer country to the edge.

Already, foreign nations are losing faith and trust in the US - and such loss NEVER has positive effects here at home. Be prepared to pay more for absolutely everything, courtesy of the tea-party movement.
Well said!

Old 07-28-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The problem with your line of thinking is that you consider this a bad thing. This is SPECIFICALLY what they were elected to do. True Conservatives and libertarians are standing their ground this time. If you don't like our Republic, MOVE somewhere else.
What these Republicans and Tea Party were elected to do? I wonder if those that voted for them think that way now.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
They were REPUBLICANS so in her eyes they can do no wrong.

Not to mention the fact Reagain raised taxes numerous times. Including one bill specifically designed to deal with THE BUDGET DEFICIT!

Reagan's Forgotten Tax Record

Remember Dick Cheney told them that

deficits don't matter he was one of their own and as long as he was in office with the stated goal of keeping America a White Christian nation where corpiorations and the weathy reigned supreme they were perfectly O.K. with that.

What this whole debt ceiling situation has proven to most objective intelligent Americans is the Republican Party has become so hung up on ideology they have divorced themselves from sensible responsible government policy.

They are much more loyal to Grover Norquist and their corporate contributors than they are to the American people or the economic security of the United States.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:50 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It is purely reprehensable that the Democrats intentionally destroy wealth of every American who invests, has a retirement account, a pension, etc... . All this is done to enable Obama to spend us another nearly $3Trillion further into debt before the next election. Shameful!

Stocks Sink to Session Lows Amid Debt, Economic Fears - FoxBusiness.com
Are you high? By the way, what the hell is reprehensable? You really should avoid the big words if you aren't intelligent enough to spell them.

By the way, Obama isn't spending much. The spending is coming from long term programs that were in place for a long, long time. Some of them, such as prescription drugs for seniors, were passed by Republicans.

Time for you to give up the right wing blogs and hit the library. Everyone is trying to get a big deal done with the exception of the tea baggers subset in the House. Of course, why would someone of lesser intelligence pay attention to that when you could just whine about things.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsutherland View Post
Ok.. I think it is interesting you send me to "a this time is different" and a study that encompasses the 17th century to now as if I wouldn't agree that they always say this is different, yet similarities obviously exist. Nonetheless, I ask you are you a monetarist? What do you think of the book "All the Devils are Here"? What do you think of Kindleberg as quoted in your link? Have you read Inflated which Kindleberg is probably going to incorporate in his updated version of Manias, Panics and Crashes (excellent book IMO)?

I guess I don't get your point sending me there. What is it you are trying to teach me? I suggest each time is different in terms of the tools, yet it still has the underlying theme that we keep inflicting the same torture on ourselves and never seem to learn there is more to life allowing people to take advantage of the naive.

Excellent post

Old 07-28-2011, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
oh goodie another partisan thread. Because we all know that according to the posters on city-data, the republicans can do no wrong.

McCain erupts: Conservatives are lying to America - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

Even McCain thinks the conservative line is full of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies