Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 02:51 PM

11 posts, read 6,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Are there really no banks lending their own $$$ anymore? I paid a mortgage from 1982-2009 to the very same local bank, no one but that bank ever held the note.
What does that have anything to do with anything? I have a mortgage with BoA and they were like the 4th or 5th bank down the line that bought mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obviously you fail to understand that 90% of the loans in this nation are backed by Fannie/Freddie. Yes Katiana, even those loans on the "open market".
It doesn't matter, lifelongMOgal, what 90% of the loans are backed with. lifelongMOgal, it matters what Bachmann, the big "less government" advocate does. Can't you see that she's a hypocrite, lifelongMOgal? You know, lifelongMOgal, that people on this board talk about how they refused to use some gubmint program, like food stamps, Medicaid, etc, even though they qualified, just for the principal of not taking taxpayers money. What say you to that, lifelongMOgal?

1 posts, read 1,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
EXACTLY. What is so wrong with this. Only someone insane would not refi their loan to a lower rate or find anything wrong with doing this.
Right. And only someone insane would oppose the U.S. government having the policy of backing these loans.

That insane person?

Bachmann.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:52 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,049,927 times
Quote:
Obviously you fail to understand that 90% of the loans in this nation are backed by Fannie/Freddie. Yes Katiana, even those loans on the "open market".
So what you are saying is that you don't understand the difference between the words backed (in case of default by the borrower) and taxpayer subsidized (taxpayers help pay your interest rate).

That's pretty much explains everything. I guess words can mean anything if you don't know the definition in the first place.

This all seems to say a great deal about the people who support her.

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
It's glaringly obvious these haters will screech at the drop of a hat about Bachmann. They make no sense at all but continue on.

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:
Are there really no banks lending their own $$$ anymore? I paid a mortgage from 1982-2009 to the very same local bank, no one but that bank ever held the note.
That doesn't mean that the loan was not backed by Freddie/Fannie. Not selling the note does not mean a thing anymore. The federal government still backs those securities.

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Credit Unions. I refi'd my loan with my credit union and I still pay the credit union.

But my first loan got sold off to Chase who became JPM who will nickel and dime you to death with fees/charges/etc.

Couldn't get away from them fast enough.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbb7778 View Post
Right. And only someone insane would oppose the U.S. government having the policy of backing these loans.

That insane person?

Bachmann.
Its obvious you don't understand what fannie and freddie do. Look it up.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:54 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,277,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Michele "Only I can benefit from these programs" Bachmann is using the programs she hates again.

Bachmann benefited from federal home loan program - The Washington Post
She could hardly not get a loan elsewhere. Almost all home loans are by Freedie May and Freddie Mac in the United States.
What is the issue here?
Where was she to go?

Old 07-27-2011, 02:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Where should they go to get their loan?
Maybe the old BCCI. You know, the Bank of Crooks and Criminals that became infamous in 1992?

Bank of Credit and Commerce International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies