Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 03:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,836,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No she is clear and against it as far as I can tell. If you pay your bills it's all fine and dandy having the feds back your mortgage. Loaning money to people who can't pay their bills is what caused the mess. What side of this are you on? Keep loaning to people who can't pay their bills? Obama and Holder seem to think this is the way to go. Do you?
This is bizarro world.

Give a mortgage to someone with no income (else be sued for discrimination) but lambast people who can afford their mortgage.

Must have been a double dose of kool-aid that got handed out today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 03:04 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,096,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This is bizarro world.

Give a mortgage to someone with no income (else be sued for discrimination) but lambast people who can afford their mortgage.

Must have been a double dose of kool-aid that got handed out today.
No wonder their side is an economic disaster.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,940,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
What I am not surprised is you don't know, or refuse to accept, is that the Tea Party stands for Taxed Enough Already.

Note, I did NOT say NO taxes but, taxed enough

I know it is a hard concept for you to grasp.

You are the typical biased poster. You probably have never attened a Tea Party event. Hell, I doubt if you even know a tear Party supporter or have even had a conversation with one.

You just post your silly 6th grade rants and think it makes you look smart or cool or something, when all it does is make you look foolish.
Maybe in the beginning. It is clear from their actions that in the current iteration of the Tea Party the TEA stands for They Elected A black man. Between the birther nonsense, the racist "Go Back to Kenya" signs and the coded references to "states rights" it is clear that many of the tea partiers care very little about taxes and more about the color of the man assessing them.

With Michelle Bachmann's congressional salary, her collection of federal farm subsidies, the state payments she was raking in for fostering children and the govt subsizdized "pray away the gay" clinic that her husband runs, I would say that her personal income is almost entirely provided by taxpayers. With that being the case, why does she have any Tea Party support at all? She is a clearly just another one of the "looters" hiding behind a smokescreen of social conservative hate speech.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,362,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbb7778 View Post
B of A

It's called reading your mail.

And sure, plenty of people have federally backed mortgages. But not all those people act like shrill banshees decrying any semblance of govt. involvement in the economy, then personally benefit from govt. involvement in the economy.
Actually B of A HOLDS the mortgage, but more than likely its the same as Bachmann, where your bank got a guarantee from the federal government. 95% of ALL mortgages in america are held this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Look at the words in the title, not the issue isn't that the loan is backed...the issue is that it is subsidized.

If you don't understand what the words tax subsidized means, Google can help you.
FAIL. having a loan guaranteed by Fannie or Freddie is not a subsidy.. YOU are the one that needs to understand the definition of wrods before you start to throw them around.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Isn't a "subsidized loan" part of the safety net? Let the b**** get a loan on the open market!
More examples of that tolerant left..

Old 07-27-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
More examples of that tolerant left..
Obviously the tolerant left don't know how mortgages get sold by banks and you have no choice in the matter.

Obviously the tolerant left think Fannie/Freddie are mortgage makers for the poor only.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:45 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,774,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Anyone surprised?
How many Tea Partiers have turned out to be using programs like these, I know there have been quite a few caught in their hypocrisy.
How is it hypocritical to participate in a program that your tax dollars are supporting? I call it getting your money's worth.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obviously the tolerant left don't know how mortgages get sold by banks and you have no choice in the matter.

Obviously the tolerant left think Fannie/Freddie are mortgage makers for the poor only.
I often ask myself why the left comes to the wrong conclusion so many times, and a synopsis seems to be that is because they dont know how anything works, and they base their opinions based upon how they THINK it should work. Utterly astounded by some of what people say on these boards.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:35 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,990,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Do you seriously not understand the English language?

They took out the loan where the taxpayer helps her pay off her mortgage on a 5,000 sq ft house. It has nothing to do with dropping the interest rate a little later by refinancing it, as the taxpayers are still helping her pay off her house. Especially since she decried anyone who used the program as moochers (except her I guess).

I don't think I can make it any simpler, this is stuff 10 year old children should be able to comprehend in relation to the English language.

If you still don't understand, find a remedial English teacher to help.
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. And the absolute hilarity of the poster railing against OTHER people not understanding is fantastic.

No one is helping her pay off her house. She & her husband bought a house, borrowing money from a bank to do so. It is very likely that the bank that loaned them the money is guaranteed repayment by one of these government programs. Why is it likely? Because the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of home mortgage loans are made by banks which take advantage of that guarantee program. The actual borrower has ZERO say in whether the bank does so or not. The borrower is not using any government program. The bank from which she borrowed the money is doing that. There is no suggestion ANYWHERE that the Bachmanns are not going to repay every dime of the loan and the required interest.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. And the absolute hilarity of the poster railing against OTHER people not understanding is fantastic.

No one is helping her pay off her house. She & her husband bought a house, borrowing money from a bank to do so. It is very likely that the bank that loaned them the money is guaranteed repayment by one of these government programs. Why is it likely? Because the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of home mortgage loans are made by banks which take advantage of that guarantee program. The actual borrower has ZERO say in whether the bank does so or not. The borrower is not using any government program. The bank from which she borrowed the money is doing that. There is no suggestion ANYWHERE that the Bachmanns are not going to repay every dime of the loan and the required interest.
Thank you. A voice of reason and from your subtitle, one of experience as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies