Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-27-2011, 07:47 PM
 
11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Reputation: 3580

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Good luck finding a home loan that's not backed by fannie and freddie. Much ado about a hairdo.
Nothing wrong with her actions, it's her hypocritical words that people have a problem with.

I have no problem with a hardworking stiff downing a few long necks after work on a Friday. I do have a problem if he gets on the pulpit Sunday and preaches about the evils of alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-27-2011, 07:48 PM
 
Location: Martinsville, NJ
6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Reputation: 4020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Yes, they were federally subsidized and then when interest rates went lower than refinanced.

She doesn't like federally subsidized loans except when they benefit her.
Another complete dismissal of the actual facts, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2011, 07:48 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Reputation: 27720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Yes, they were federally subsidized and then when interest rates went lower than refinanced.

She doesn't like federally subsidized loans except when they benefit her.
How is a conventional loan subsidized ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2011, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Martinsville, NJ
6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Reputation: 4020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Nothing wrong with her actions, it's her hypocritical words that people have a problem with.

I have no problem with a hardworking stiff downing a few long necks after work on a Friday. I do have a problem if he gets on the pulpit Sunday and preaches about the evils of alcohol.
Please explain what is is you believe she did regarding this home loan that is in any way hypocritical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2011, 07:52 PM
 
20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Reputation: 9283
I think liberals are way off in la-la land in this one... does Bachmann control who the bank sells her loans to? Are you guys that stupid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2011, 08:39 PM
 
1,692 posts, read 1,960,091 times
Reputation: 1190
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I think liberals are way off in la-la land in this one... does Bachmann control who the bank sells her loans to? Are you guys that stupid?
I don't think you really get it. Let me explain it, in simple speak.

Bachmann, who rails against these sort of programs, takes advantage of them herself.

Or, the simple version: whores in glass, government-backed houses who get government agricultural subsidies, shouldn't throw huge, lying, hypocritical stones.

Got it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2011, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Reputation: 27720
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
I don't think you really get it. Let me explain it, in simple speak.

Bachmann, who rails against these sort of programs, takes advantage of them herself.

Or, the simple version: whores in glass, government-backed houses who get government agricultural subsidies, shouldn't throw huge, lying, hypocritical stones.

Got it?
How is a conventional loan subsidized ?
The article makes conjectures and assumptions.
They never saw any loan documents..they assumed based on the sales price.

And exactly what is subsidized ? Does the government pay your mortgage on a conventional loan ?

The OP and his post have been debunked by a poster who is a real estate agent who explained this all a page or two back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 07:03 AM
 
69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Reputation: 9383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Yes, they were federally subsidized and then when interest rates went lower than refinanced.

She doesn't like federally subsidized loans except when they benefit her.
Wrong. There is no subsidy taking place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Reputation: 27720
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
I don't think you really get it. Let me explain it, in simple speak.

Bachmann, who rails against these sort of programs, takes advantage of them herself.

Or, the simple version: whores in glass, government-backed houses who get government agricultural subsidies, shouldn't throw huge, lying, hypocritical stones.

Got it?
She had nothing to do with it. You don't apply to Fannie/Freddie for a mortgage...do you not get it ?

Banks sell their mortgages to Fannie/Freddie not individuals. Individuals have no say in the matter who the bank they got their mortgage with subsequently sells them off.

No wonder you libs go off on a rail so quick. You don't understand how things work and one skewed article gets you all frothy and hunting for blood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 08:47 AM
 
69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Reputation: 9383
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No wonder you libs go off on a rail so quick. You don't understand how things work and one skewed article gets you all frothy and hunting for blood.
Whats utterly astounding, is that libs have no problem displaying their ignorance on just about everything. This is a prime example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top