Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 08:33 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,580,582 times

Advertisements

The Federal Government can save billions just by decriminalizing all drugs.

Why don't they do it?

I have a feeling they don't really care about saving money. They just want to cut the other party's programs so they can spend it on what they think is more important.

Addition:

What I would like to see is the use of ALL drugs decriminalized BUT make the sale of drugs a civil offense that requires the forfeiture of the drugs (which will be destroyed) and the proceeds from the sale but no jail time for the seller. The drug money seized can then be used to pay for the treatment of drugs users.

I think this is the right way to approach the problem. Help users get treatment instead of just throwing them in jail. Take the risk premium out of the drug market and the drug gangs/cartels won't be able to make any money.

Last edited by Bostonian123; 07-27-2011 at 09:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 08:34 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post

Why don't they do it?

I have a feeling they don't really care about saving money. They just want to cut the other party's programs so they can spend it on what they think is more important.
Sounds like a good place to start chopping to me!!!!!

Vote Ron Paul . . .

While we're at it lets stop all Wars!!!!!!!

War on Terror,
War on Drugs
War on Poverty,
War on Crime,
Ware on Illiteracy,

Nothing but excuses to expand government power, waste taxpayer money and criminalize our citizens

Old 07-27-2011, 08:35 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,208,437 times
Quote:

Why don't they do it?

Exactly, they want the big government THEY want, not what others want. The TP was a great way to marginalize true advocates of liberty.

We have been Tea-O-Conned.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:37 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
All of the phony trumped up wars need to be ended ASAP.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
All ya'll have to do is elect Ron Paul in 2012. Likely Gary Johnson would stop the "drug war" too.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:42 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,208,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
All ya'll have to do is elect Ron Paul in 2012. Likely Gary Johnson would stop the "drug war" too.
But he wants to take away MY big government!

Old 07-27-2011, 08:49 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,517,354 times
Because only browns and poors (and stockbrokers) use drugs and besides they own stock in private prison operators.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Becaue drugs cost us bilons more by the money spendt to treat the people plus the toll on the GDP.I factif you want that I suggest you move to mexico as they didn't fight the toll it takes i lifes and o society. Many would be so greedy as to tax the death the misery that drugs bring. Persoanlly i don;t want any of that blood moeny from waht it does to people.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:01 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Sounds like a good place to start chopping to me!!!!!

Vote Ron Paul . . .

While we're at it lets stop all Wars!!!!!!!

War on Terror,
War on Drugs
War on Poverty,
War on Crime,
Ware on Illiteracy,

Nothing but excuses to expand government power, waste taxpayer money and criminalize our citizens
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Becaue drugs cost us bilons more by the money spendt to treat the people plus the toll on the GDP.I factif you want that I suggest you move to mexico as they didn't fight the toll it takes i lifes and o society. Many would be so greedy as to tax the death the misery that drugs bring. Persoanlly i don;t want any of that blood moeny from waht it does to people.
I think the "ware on illiteracy" was lost.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:01 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:

Why don't they do it?

Because they can't, next question?

Since when do government programs belong to a certain political party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies