Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:18 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times

Advertisements

Not to worry, by this time he has forgotten what he said but remember, he is younger than Ron Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 07:19 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
As a man who always respected McCain, I will say that his time has come.

He is a dinosaur. As are many, many members of the congress.

Go home John. Enjoy retirement. You are no more a conservative than obama.

The one fundamental mistake of the framers of the Constitution was not including term limit on the Senate, House and POTUS.

It would have avoided FDR's ruining of America.
Your post speaks volumes. First, I doubt you respect him now. Second, he is a "real" conservative, not a neo-con, if that is what you are getting at which is what most cons seem to be these days. And third, FDR didn't ruin the country, but people like you sure have.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:21 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Compromise is part of Democracy ( a BIG part). Compromise IS democracy.

YOU want absolute rule by Repugs.....too bad... makes you a puppet for dictators.
Haven't you heard? We're not a democracy -- we're a Republic. (A talking point I've been hearing from the Cons since the 90s, btw... must have been a Limbaugh gem way back when.) Since I know our history, I understand what that means -- we don't directly vote on measures, we vote on representatives who vote, and we don't directly vote for the president, we vote for electors who vote, etc. -- Cons apparently do not. They take it to mean we are not governed by democratic principles. If America is not a "democracy" I guess we can be whatever the Cons and Bags feel like.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:26 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
poor wittle mccain.

he sees the end of the war machine and the end of the war scam on the horizon.

i find it fascinating that the liberals are now defending mccain. this is one nutty world, i gotta say.

the same people who fell for the bank bailout are now pushing for the new wall street bailout.
Im glad John called out those stupid tea baggers.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:26 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times
This shows how divided the republican party has become. That's a good thing for Democrats. Let them. The uber conservative repubs have spilt the party, and it's become evident that there is an internal war happening.

Should prove to be interesting during this next campaign. Most Americans are not going to even consider freaks like Bachmann. She represents a tiny portion of Americans

Old 07-28-2011, 07:46 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
There can no longer be any doubt that the problem is within the GOP.

Voters won't forget.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:56 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Im glad John called out those stupid tea baggers.
name calling is what the democrats have sunk to now?

a party that had john kennedy who wanted honest money,unity and patriotism, now reduced to this.

the democrats here are showing their true colors-they aren't against big government/corporatism at all, as long as they get their big government checks.

if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

we will get the government that we deserve in the end, i guess.

Henry Kissenger wrote..
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.

Last edited by floridasandy; 07-28-2011 at 08:04 AM..

Old 07-28-2011, 07:57 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
If McCain is right then why did Reid table it? Could it be that there is 20 {D}s that are on record supporting BBA ? Now we will never know if they really supported it or it was just meaning less rhetoric. I also wonder if McCain realizes that the argument he makes is a indictment against him self and the {R} party ? They had the POTUS and both Houses where was BBA then ? Why didn't McCain or the {R} speaker push for and draft the legislation ?

So McCain is right it is battle that will be lost but I do not respect him when he does not mention that himself and {R}s let the real oppurtunity pass by.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:07 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Explains why he didn't win against Obama.
And if he did, I doubt he'd have so much trouble getting the debt ceiling raised.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:09 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
name calling is what the democrats have sunk to now?

a party that had john kennedy who wanted honest money,unity and patriotism, now reduced to this.

the democrats here are showing their true colors-they aren't against big government/corporatism at all, as long as they get their big government checks.

if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

we will get the government that we deserve in the end, i guess.

Henry Kissenger wrote..
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.
What ever this extreme racist and dangerous group need to be stopped and destroyed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies