Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:50 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,696,237 times

Advertisements

Wow, I finally agree with McCain on something. I'm shocked right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 10:52 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
John McCain is accusing conservatives of actively misleading America with their completely unrealistic demands, which he labeled “deceiving” and “bizarro.” Here is the link:

McCain erupts: Conservatives are lying to America - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

When did we start caring what McCain says?

Didn't he already burn whatever credibility he may have once had long ago?

Old 08-23-2011, 04:17 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,696,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
When did we start caring what McCain says?

Didn't he already burn whatever credibility he may have once had long ago?
Awhile ago.

No.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:38 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
McCain is a pitiful, washed up, inconsequential fool at this point.

Sorry John, you should have quit while you were ahead.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:12 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I disagree wholeheartedly. This has nothing to do with an "utter lack of knowledge of the legislative process." This has to do with standing upon the principles for which they were elected. Contrary to your opinion, this is exactly what a legislator is supposed to do. The problem is that your view of the "legislative process" has been so terribly skewed by special interests over the past 50 years that citizens are completely thrown off guard when a legislator actually stands up for the people that put him in office. Just because you disagree with their position, does not make them ignorant of the process. It makes you a schill for special interests who actually drive the "compromise" theory. In other words, your mentality has been bought and sold right along with the legislators who are bowing to the demands of external pressures to "compromise."

Wake up.
Exactly!

Compromise=Status Quo .... and we SHOULD all be able to see what that has provided us .... a bankrupt country and a corrupt, unresponsive government.

What everyone should be doing now is writing their elected officials (Senate and House) and telling them that they will not be reelected if they continue these failed policies of the past. Endless Wars, Bailouts for Billionaire Bankers, debt ceiling increases and more Quantitative Easing ....that's what created this mess to begin with, and you cannot fix problems by doing more of what caused the problems.

John McCain is a total disgrace ... always was, and still is. He's a full fledged establishment shill, and a testament to the fact that by and large, a significant segment of the American electorate shouldn't be allowed to vote .... and that holds true for both Republicans and Democrats.

All of these career politicians who keep getting reelected should have been tossed out on their ears years ago.... with tar and feathers as their going away gift! Most of these crooks have spent 20, 30, 40 years in office!! WHY-HOW? I'll tell you .... because the sheeple are idiots with a 5 minute memory span who fall for the same lies told by the same liars over and over again. And it's unimaginable how this can continue ... yet it does.

What makes ANYONE think that the very people who created these disasters are even capable of fixing them, let alone willing to, is beyond my comprehension ... and I'd like someone to explain it to me.

The hard cold truth is these career congress critters ARE THE PROBLEM.

This really isn't that complex or difficult to grasp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies