Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 03:18 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm telling ya..the woman can go looney in front of a camera.
And she probably believes what she says.

Someone needs to gather all these words of wisdom from Ms. Pelosi and put out a book.

Pelosi's Reactionary Liberalism | The Weekly Standard

Pelosi: “What we’re trying to do is save the world from the Republican budget . . . We’re trying to save life on this planet as we know it today.”

Weekly standard BLOG. Should never use a blog for a cite. Might as well cite yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 03:18 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
And people think Bachmann is a Whack Job.

Oh, I am not a Bachmann fan boy so don't start S*&^t with me.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:21 PM

773 posts, read 503,550 times
Quote:

Someone needs to gather all these words of wisdom from Ms. Pelosi and put out a book.

Pelosi: “What we’re trying to do is save the world from the Republican budget . . . We’re trying to save life on this planet as we know it today.”
Pelosi is a complete idot, wacko, insane, left of left, deranged, lunatic.

How she gets voted in every time is beyond me. Oh wait a minute, she is in California. Now that makes sense.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:44 PM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
You're linking an article from a Conservative magazine's website. What tone do you expect it to take towards anything she says - complimentary? It might be hyperbole, but considering freshmen Republicans (who've let Grover Norquist tie their hands) are on the verge of pushing the US and world economies off a cliff a little hyperbole might be excused.

Then again, you'll totally dismiss anything I say based on where I'm from (so why am I wasting keystrokes?).
So, what's your take on the Pelosi-isms we've enjoyed over the past few years?

My fave is the "we have to pass it to see what's in it" during the healthcare bill debates.

What's yours?

Old 07-28-2011, 11:09 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
You're linking an article from a Conservative magazine's website. What tone do you expect it to take towards anything she says - complimentary? It might be hyperbole, but considering freshmen Republicans (who've let Grover Norquist tie their hands) are on the verge of pushing the US and world economies off a cliff a little hyperbole might be excused.

Then again, you'll totally dismiss anything I say based on where I'm from (so why am I wasting keystrokes?).
You are welcome to provide the quotes and place her in the proper context if you think that is the issue?

Is there something they are missing that would make her comment seem less than it does?

I mean, I can completely understand out of context mentions, and trying to paint someone in a light that they were not in. So, by all means, correct the issue for us, place it in proper context.

If you can't...

Well...

What do you expect?

Old 07-28-2011, 11:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Were I John Boehner, I'd be deeply envious of Nancy Pelosi right about now. As House speaker, Pelosi clearly was in charge. And whether you agreed with her results or not, she got things done. She clearly enjoyed being speaker, but the office in and of itself was not what mattered most. What Pelosi wanted, and what she delivered, were accomplishments. She helped preside over the 111th Congress, which became the most productive lawmaking session in decades.
The Sad Pointlessness Of John Boehner - Blogcritics Politics

Old 07-29-2011, 02:58 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Were I John Boehner, I'd be deeply envious of Nancy Pelosi right about now. As House speaker, Pelosi clearly was in charge. And whether you agreed with her results or not, she got things done. She clearly enjoyed being speaker, but the office in and of itself was not what mattered most. What Pelosi wanted, and what she delivered, were accomplishments. She helped preside over the 111th Congress, which became the most productive lawmaking session in decades.
The Sad Pointlessness Of John Boehner - Blogcritics Politics
Pelosi's power was/is rooted in corruption, scandal, payola and arm twisting coercive tactics that punished those that didn't 'tow' her line. In charge as a mob boss is in charge is not how an elected body should be 'handled'. If that is a thing to admire then you (rhetorically) may have a future in Chicago style politicking.

As for the most productive Congress, I guess 'less is more' is a concept foreign to many. Over legislating is just as bad as under legislating and for the very same reasons.

Branding the opposition as the 'Party of NO' in the past, she really shines in her vote NO speeches against every bill the opposition puts forward.

The great thing is the public has wised up (for the most part at least).

Old 07-29-2011, 07:14 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Pelosi's power was/is rooted in corruption, scandal, payola and arm twisting coercive tactics that punished those that didn't 'tow' her line. In charge as a mob boss is in charge is not how an elected body should be 'handled'. If that is a thing to admire then you (rhetorically) may have a future in Chicago style politicking.

As for the most productive Congress, I guess 'less is more' is a concept foreign to many. Over legislating is just as bad as under legislating and for the very same reasons.

Branding the opposition as the 'Party of NO' in the past, she really shines in her vote NO speeches against every bill the opposition puts forward.

The great thing is the public has wised up (for the most part at least).
*chuckle*

I read the piece as nothing more than a damage control, grasping at straws, powder puff piece trying to draw away from her ridiculous comment.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:18 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times
Quote:

she then raised her antennae and said "nanu nanu" and poof she was gone...

Old 07-29-2011, 07:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:

She either said it, or she didnt. The fact that its a conservative magazine doesnt mean she didnt say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies