Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 07:35 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,759,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Individual thought? Don't run as a Repblican if you don't agree with the party platform. If you want to exercise "individual thought" then quit accepting donations and advertising dollars from the RNC.
That is exactly what I said... a person within the party cannot operate outside of the collective. You know, such things as "purity test". It is also why I see a two party system to be a problem, as I also see with having multiple parties. I support a "no party" system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 07:38 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,792,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
I take it your definition of "govern" includes kicking the can down the road.
Compromise is not a dirty word. And it is the KEY word in a democracy. There are multiple perspectives and approaches to the debt problem. The people who are refusing to work together with their political opponents to come to a solution are not involved in government, they are involved in ideological grandstanding. I think the American people in general have had it with this Congress, and the poseurs from the Tea Party who think that holding the government and the American people hostage is a good thing. It's not. And we, the American people, are going to have to pay the price for this mess.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:44 AM

38,622 posts, read 26,292,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
So you've seen the damage that the Tea Party's adolescent refusal to compromise has done so far... and your solution is, we have to get rid of the the rest of the compromisers???

Are you an advocate for one-party rule? Or, two parties are OK, so long as only one gets 100% of what it wants all the time?

There's an "f" word for that kind of government (two, actually).

We had one party rule from Jan 2009 until Jan 2011.

Party has little to do with the current issue.

Republicans are at war with Republicans because this isn't about party. It's about spending and balancing the budget. Those Tea Party endorsed Representatives you have such disdain for are at odds with those who reward their supporters with free stolen money. The recipient class doesn't care that the free money they receive is stolen from those too young to vote. They just want the free money.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:47 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,922,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The maid has to come in some time, if your not going to clean house.
Absolutely, and she start with taking out the trash - The Tea Party.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:51 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,240,809 times
Read through some of the posts on CD about the Tea Party (that is NOT a party) and the Republicans.

It's karma. No one, and I mean no one escapes. I'd call them vultures, but I love all animals and vultures serve a great purpose in our natural world. The Republicans of this era are more like cannibals.

Republicans = Cannibals

Just sit back and watch.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:03 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,907,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
2012 and the House & those Senate members up for re-election, will be held accountable, if they make a deal with the devil.
Good. Bring on the people like Sharon Angels and The Christine Witch lady. We need more Dems.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:11 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,907,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
That is exactly what I said... a person within the party cannot operate outside of the collective. You know, such things as "purity test". It is also why I see a two party system to be a problem, as I also see with having multiple parties. I support a "no party" system.
It's time to re-read Federalist 51 which Madison speaks of factions.

The Republican Party is looking like a laughing stock because the right hand doesn't know what the far-right hand is doing. The result is that the far-right tea baggers challenge incumbent Republicans in primaries and win, and then go off to lose in the general election.

Now, the tea baggers that won because of vacant seats now are going to have to run for re-election with conspiring to ruin the credit of the U.S. on their record. We'll see how this plays out.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:22 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,891,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You prefer party over principles?

Sad.
Clue for the clueless: I do not belong to either Party, never have, never will. My question is why would you say that what in my post gave you the impression I do?
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies