U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-28-2011, 10:37 PM
 
4,513 posts, read 4,308,536 times
Reputation: 1517

Advertisements

Here is what we should do to avoid default: increase the debt ceiling with no strings attached.

“Here is how to get out of debt: End the wars -- save one trillion over ten years. Repeal tax cuts to the wealthy: Save another trillion.

“Medicare for All: End the four hundred billion yearly subsidies for health insurance industry.

“Renegotiate trade agreements with workers rights, human rights, and environmental quality principles: save millions of jobs and billions of dollars.

“The Fed creates money out of nothing and gives it to banks.

Why should our country go into debt, borrowing from banks when we have the constitutional power to create money and invest in jobs?

“We can have another New Deal where we put millions to work rebuilding our bridges and transportation system.

http://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2011/07/28-5
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Status: "America is over" (set 1 day ago)
 
34,754 posts, read 18,874,294 times
Reputation: 16287
He's right with ending the wars,subsidies and the fed. The rest is socialist cockadoodledoo.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 10:41 PM
 
29,409 posts, read 19,771,897 times
Reputation: 5443
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Here is what we should do to avoid default: increase the debt ceiling with no strings attached.

“Here is how to get out of debt: End the wars -- save one trillion over ten years. Repeal tax cuts to the wealthy: Save another trillion.

“Medicare for All: End the four hundred billion yearly subsidies for health insurance industry.

“Renegotiate trade agreements with workers rights, human rights, and environmental quality principles: save millions of jobs and billions of dollars.

“The Fed creates money out of nothing and gives it to banks.

Why should our country go into debt, borrowing from banks when we have the constitutional power to create money and invest in jobs?

“We can have another New Deal where we put millions to work rebuilding our bridges and transportation system.

“We Are the United States of America, the Greatest Country on Earth. We Envision Wealth. We Don’t Default. We Create Wealth. We Don’t Default. We Build Wealth. We Don’t Default.” -- Kucinich | Common Dreams
So the "wars" will save us a hundred billion a year. Yippee.

Tax cuts will save a hundred billion a year. Yippee.

Medicare for all........paid for with what??

Trade agreements renegotiated? Um how does that save billions?

New deal building bridges and roads.........what about the stimulous that was supposed to do that.

Kuccinich needs to just shut up and thank the lord a guy that looks like that has such a good looking wife.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 11:01 PM
 
Location: Long Island
27,590 posts, read 15,513,259 times
Reputation: 7493
let's see the current budget (for the last 3 years and PROJECTED for the next 10 year has a 1 trillion deficit PER YEAR

so let's do the math 1 trillion, times 10, equals 10 trillion NEW DEBT, on top of the 15 trillion current debt

stop the wars...save 1 trillion OVER TEN YEARS...or 100 billion a year
repeal the tax cuts (FOR ALL)...save 900 billion over 10 years.....

still SHORT by 8 trillion (not counting the current debt)

medicare for all...the cost...2-5 trilllin A YEAR....or 20-50 trillion over ten years



the math falls way short
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 02:19 PM
 
4,513 posts, read 4,308,536 times
Reputation: 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So the "wars" will save us a hundred billion a year. Yippee.

Tax cuts will save a hundred billion a year. Yippee.

Medicare for all........paid for with what??

Trade agreements renegotiated? Um how does that save billions?

New deal building bridges and roads.........what about the stimulous that was supposed to do that.

Kuccinich needs to just shut up and thank the lord a guy that looks like that has such a good looking wife.
I don't know about you, but every paycheck I receive has a Medicare tax deduction along with a Social Security deduction. I assumed that all of the millions of people paying into this fund will be able to access it at some point. The Repubs are frothing at the mouth to steal the money I put into these funds, while ignoring the trillions that could be saved by ending the stupid wars and the excess miltary spending.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 02:49 PM
 
33,399 posts, read 29,018,372 times
Reputation: 19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
let's see the current budget (for the last 3 years and PROJECTED for the next 10 year has a 1 trillion deficit PER YEAR

so let's do the math 1 trillion, times 10, equals 10 trillion NEW DEBT, on top of the 15 trillion current debt

stop the wars...save 1 trillion OVER TEN YEARS...or 100 billion a year
repeal the tax cuts (FOR ALL)...save 900 billion over 10 years.....

still SHORT by 8 trillion (not counting the current debt)

medicare for all...the cost...2-5 trilllin A YEAR....or 20-50 trillion over ten years



the math falls way short
kucinich was never any good at math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I don't know about you, but every paycheck I receive has a Medicare tax deduction along with a Social Security deduction. I assumed that all of the millions of people paying into this fund will be able to access it at some point. The Repubs are frothing at the mouth to steal the money I put into these funds, while ignoring the trillions that could be saved by ending the stupid wars and the excess miltary spending.
you mean the democrats are frothing at the mouth to steal these funds, dont you? the reality is that both parties have been raiding social security and medicare to pay for crap spending programs, the difference here is that the republicans are starting to see the light and want to SAVE medicare and social security, not kill them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
35,794 posts, read 35,597,414 times
Reputation: 55003
I predict Kucinich will join Fox News.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 02:57 PM
 
33,399 posts, read 29,018,372 times
Reputation: 19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I predict Kucinich will join Fox News.
wont happen, fox news wants liberals with intelligence, and kucinich has none.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 02:58 PM
 
27,631 posts, read 18,666,913 times
Reputation: 11074
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
kucinich was never any good at math.



you mean the democrats are frothing at the mouth to steal these funds, dont you? the reality is that both parties have been raiding social security and medicare to pay for crap spending programs, the difference here is that the republicans are starting to see the light and want to SAVE medicare and social security, not kill them.
You've got it so very backwards...

Republicans are at it again, you know, their plan to eliminate Medicare and Social Security and then privatize these programs so the big insurance companies and Wall Street can make more money from America’s senior citizens.
Republican Privatization to Eliminate Medicare and Social Security | America For Purchase
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 03:03 PM
 
Location: The High Seas
7,376 posts, read 14,069,708 times
Reputation: 11767
I trust and like Kucinich waaaaaayyyyy more than our douchebag-in-chief. That's not to say that I'd vote for him; it just indicates how much I can't stand what's-his-face.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top