Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 07:48 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I know the purpose of the prostate Captain obvious. I wasn't asking its purpose, I was asking the purpose of it being capable of sexual stimulus through the rectal and perineal wall. If the prostate isn't intended to be stimulated, why does it have sexually stimulated nerve endings surrounding it?
So your anus is a mangina and the prostrate is your manclit, your free to believe what you want

Old 08-01-2011, 07:50 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Your favorite position?
Yours apparently.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:53 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Cool, I consider ignorance and religious conservatism to be mental disorders too.
So what? I've never posted anything about religion. You’re free to have an opinion.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,693,762 times
Until science can prove that people can be born a homosexual, then I think it's purely by choice. I still don't agree that someone can go homosexual after being married and having 3 kids. They're bisexual, if anything.

And no, I am not homophobic either. If someone falls in love or has sex with another person of the same sex, that is their business alone. More power to them.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:21 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Cool, I consider ignorance and religious conservatism to be mental disorders too.
Of course you do.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-02-2011 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,703,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
There is no way to 'live the homosexual lifestyle'. being gay is a TRAIT and people WITH THAT TRAIT lead LIVES. I'm gay and 34 and have only been with ONE person. I live in north dakota. I don't have any different 'lifestyle' than any other straight person around here. Neil Patrick harris is also born with the trait of homosexuality but that's the ONLY thing we have in common. he has a completely different lifestyle. i KNOW being gay is a TRAIT and NOT a choice because i've been gay my whole life WITHOUT CHOICE. There are even gay people who are CELIBATE. the TRAIT is the SEXUAL ORIENTATION. no one is 'choosing a lifestyle'. They're just alive born with a trait and LIVING. why is it PHRASED this way. Is this some attempt to group people born with the trait of homosexuality together to make them seem like the 'other' so that it's easier to be bigoted against them. Also, just to let you know there has yet to be a 'straight gene' discovered but i take straight people at their word when they say they were born straight and never chose to be.. why isn't that extended to me?
It allows the detractor to rationalize, and justify their indifference.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:41 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,703,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Until science can prove that people can be born a homosexual, then I think it's purely by choice. I still don't agree that someone can go homosexual after being married and having 3 kids. They're bisexual, if anything.

And no, I am not homophobic either. If someone falls in love or has sex with another person of the same sex, that is their business alone. More power to them.
Science has proven it, just read anything by Simon LeVay a neurosurgeon and scientist. Any time the subject comes up, it is immediately drowned out by the religious right. It is vital to rationalize sexual orientation as choice. Isn't it also interesting how religious, people become when the issue of homosexuality comes up? Why is it nobody ever talks about people being divorced being equated with ex-communicated? or fornication? Why is it people never quote scripture when it comes to those born out of wed-lock, after all they are doomed to go to hell. There is also scripture indicating women should not wear their hair short, and according to Liviticus, parents have a God given right to kill their children if they disobey. Wearing blended fabrics? It's a sin. As Jimmy Carter once said, if you're heterosexual, homosexuality is the easiest "so-called" sin not to commit. It is also vital to rationalize homosexuality as choice, because if it is declared innate, then equality must be granted to those who are homosexual. Sadly, there are still so many people who believe homosexuality is something you can "catch" like a flu. This is why some people get so uptight when the issue is discussed in schools. God forbid children, or teenagers for that matter grow up objective.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:05 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:

So when gay people tell you they never chose to be attracted to the same-sex, you're claiming they are lying just because science hasn't "proven" how it works yet?

Science hasn't proven gravity yet either. Are you going to claim we choose to fall off a building and hit the ground?

Old 08-01-2011, 10:27 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
No....I answered. It doesn't matter what you think is right or good. The behavior is wrong. That's it. As an example, It doesn't matter how much I like women--if I cheat on my wife I'm wrong.
If it doesn't matter what another person thinks is right or good how does it matter what you think is wrong?

How does it matter that you think "the behavior is wrong"?

Who are you do make such an announcement...such a proclamation?

Old 08-01-2011, 10:28 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:

Then you made a choice to be straight if I made a choice to be gay. Common sense says that. Many people who are afraid to accept their sexual orientation often believe what their peers, parents and social circles keep saying, to find the right woman or man and have a family. They think that if they try very hard, they can be straight. They have to try to be straight. I have an older brother that married twice and divorced twice and now he sometimes admits to being gay. He admitted to me in 2009 that he has hated himself since he was a kid for being gay and now blames the church and catholic schooling for making him think he is a sinner and that god hates him. His self loathing is all based on bible verses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies