Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:46 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I cannot fathom why someone can recover their "HONOR" by killing children? I cannot understand how a society and consider itself HONORABLE by condoning these murders?
It's real simple, actually.

1.) Their brains are wired differently.

2.) Religion is all that matters. It supercedes EVERYTHING else.

3.) Human rights and free thinking are completely nonexistent in their tiny world.

There are other reasons for sure, but we'll just keep it basic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 11:53 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
It's real simple, actually.

1.) Their brains are wired differently.

2.) Religion is all that matters. It supercedes EVERYTHING else.

3.) Human rights and free thinking are completely nonexistent in their tiny world.

There are other reasons for sure, but we'll just keep it basic.
Everything you say is absolutely true. "Religion" and "culture" are blended and indistinguishable from each other. "Saving face" is ingrained in the culture and is of paramount importance to them. One who brings shame upon the family "honor", as perceived by the head of the family--always a male--has committed an unpardonable sin and execution of the offending party is condoned. Calling it a "psychotic pride" is as good a description as any.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:53 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This aint about slavery, it's about Pakistan. I was only answering another poster who brought up abolitionists.

You made a distinction about abolitionists because it took place in this country. What about apartheid in South Africa then? Should we have ignored it and continued trading with South Africa and enabled them to maintain that system?

Quote:
*SIGH*

I don't give a damn about straight white Christian males, nor do i give two sh*ts about Islam and what Muslims do in their own nations.

I care about what's happening here.

I wonder how someone can have a sense of morality that ends at an invisible line drawn on a map. If something is immoral, like slaughtering one's own children to restore family honor, then it should cause the same outrage no matter which country it occurred in.
Person A: “I just heard on the news about a guy that walked into a school and gunned down 34 children”
Person B: “What country did it happen in?”
Person A: “Canada”
Person B: “Oh, no big deal then.”
Just imagine if you could choose to be selectively outraged based on an even smaller territorial line than national boundaries. If you only cared about things that happened in your state, city, or on your block imagine how happily you could go through life with nothing ever concerning you.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
You made a distinction about abolitionists because it took place in this country. What about apartheid in South Africa then? Should we have ignored it and continued trading with South Africa and enabled them to maintain that system?

I wonder how someone can have a sense of morality that ends at an invisible line drawn on a map. If something is immoral, like slaughtering one's own children to restore family honor, then it should cause the same outrage no matter which country it occurred in.
Person A: “I just heard on the news about a guy that walked into a school and gunned down 34 children”
Person B: “What country did it happen in?”
Person A: “Canada”
Person B: “Oh, no big deal then.”
Just imagine if you could choose to be selectively outraged based on an even smaller territorial line than national boundaries. If you only cared about things that happened in your state, city, or on your block imagine how happily you could go through life with nothing ever concerning you.
What's with all the black analogies? First abolitionists, now South Africa? LOL...What's next? The Rwandan Genocide?

If Pakistans affairs concern you so much, then let's use the South Africa approach and stop trading with them (as If that'll help) and then u can feel good about yourself and release some of that pent-up guilt u have over the plight of its citizens. I don't give a damn myself. And nothing you say will make me care either.

Besides, there is this little invention called airplanes. Get in one, go to Pakistan, and put a stop to it. But all of this stateside carping leaves me in stitches.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:43 PM

785 posts, read 619,251 times
Quote:
*SIGH*

I don't give a damn about straight white Christian males, nor do i give two sh*ts about Islam and what Muslims do in their own nations.

I care about what's happening here. Hope that does it for you.
Actually, I never said YOU did. I was speaking about liberalism in general. If that shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it. Unfortuately, too many are wearing them.

FURTHERMORE, it's time the straight white male Christians (Im actually an atheist, though) started to correct the record. Hatred is a shame. Hatred based on ignorance is even worse.

So...you don't care the suffering of others? Are you a liberal? Just curious.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
What's with all the black analogies? First abolitionists, now South Africa? LOL...What's next? The Rwandan Genocide?

If Pakistans affairs concern you so much, then let's use the South Africa approach and stop trading with them (as If that'll help) and then u can feel good about yourself and release some of that pent-up guilt u have over the plight of its citizens. I don't give a damn myself. And nothing you say will make me care either.

Besides, there is this little invention called airplanes. Get in one, go to Pakistan, and put a stop to it. But all of this stateside carping leaves me in stitches.

AHHH..I see. What you REALLY don't like is the dialogue. The spreading of information (the truth) that negates the liberal "narrative" that its Western Society alone that is guilty of various sins.

You don't like anyone taking away the bully pulpit.

I suggest you deal with it. Debates are good for society, and our GLOBAL community. Those are actually liberal memes. Your thoughts?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
No I didn't misunderstand.

Something like this does not negate the issues that western society face.

Western society may lead the way, but that does not mean it is perfect and without criticism.

I'm unsure at what you're most angry about. The fact that these children have horrifically been killed or that fact that 'liberals' criticise western society.

Just so its clear: I don't think the entire country needs to be bombed as suggested by other posters, however if that man was to experience the same fate as he handed out to his daughters, I don't think anyone would have a problem with it.
Wow, that was a desperate response on your behalf. It's desperation, and a sure sign of defeat, when a poster/arguer resorts to trying to project an extreme arguement onto the other.

YOU:
Western society may lead the way, but that does not mean it is perfect and without criticism.
ME:
I never said western society is perfect, can you show me where I did? No? Oh, so then stop trying to project that position onto me. I said we're better on that, which you begrudgingly concede. Oh, how about this..."maybe" lead the way, or DEFINITELY lead the way? You can't even concede the obvious about western society in good graces. I think you just revealed yourself further.

YOU:
I'm unsure at what you're most angry about. The fact that these children have horrifically been killed or that fact that 'liberals' criticise western society.
ME:
I'm sorry, was that supposed to be clever? Were you trying to turn a clever phrase? It's an extreme statement by you unfounded by any reality or backed up by my posts. Your emotional hyperbolic response suggests someone that can't handle reasoned debate or criticism. One can pair an extreme thought with any reasoned criticism with no evidence, as you have, but you aren't furthering any debate. All you did was prove you have no game. I've decoded and exposed you, or rather, I just helped you to that end.

PS-to answer your question, I am angry that the international left doesn't pressure said religious extremists, and thus, the cycle continues. And in that, more innocent females harmed. You are not upset about that? I don't know what you are more concerned with...the fact that innocent females are being hurt, or that the liberal narrative is being deconstructed and exposed.

Have a good day!

Old 08-01-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:

So, you ARE a liberal!

Old 08-01-2011, 06:19 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,667,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I'm sorry in the name of a Religion this is plain disgusting and sick, non human, Monsterous and pure EVIL. These people sorry will never change their warp sense of living here in 2011. They still live breed everything evil from their past. They won't chagne, they can fake it, pretend, deep down, the way they were raised will never ever change.

And this Evil SOOB has no remorse for the killing of his daughters, can't wait for his time to Go.

Why does the world call it a "religion" when it is nothing but a hate group, just like the OP's post showed?

Old 08-01-2011, 06:21 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Wow, that was a desperate response on your behalf. It's desperation, and a sure sign of defeat, when a poster/arguer resorts to trying to project an extreme arguement onto the other.

It's an extreme statement by you unfounded by any reality or backed up by my posts. Your emotional hyperbolic response suggests someone that can't handle reasoned debate or criticism.

Have a good day!
^ read back to yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies