Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 11:01 AM

223 posts, read 268,254 times

Advertisements

This is what happens when dogmatic religion infiltrates government. And yes, the Teabagger philosophies are a religion, with a self-fulfilling prophecy of destruction of our government. The worst part? After they destroy the government with their own irresponsible actions, they'll blame the black guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 11:01 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OreNative78 View Post
This is what happens when dogmatic religion infiltrates government. And yes, the Teabagger philosophies are a religion, with a self-fulfilling prophecy of destruction of our government. The worst part? After they destroy the government with their own irresponsible actions, they'll blame the black guy.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
There will be no default. Obama has no choice but to cave in as long as the good guys continue to hold his feet to the fire. That's why he is so angry, he knows he is losing and that has never happened to the golden boy before, so he raises the stakes and bullying harder, lies more, and trying every dirty Chicago trick he can come up with to keep his cushy job and continue his path to make America a communist country, a country that he can then be proud of...!!
The man is pure evil and must be defeated next year, if the country can survive that long under such corrupt leadership..!
A "communist" country with the lowest marginal tax rate in the industrialized world? LMAO! The level of ignorance here is astonishing. Sure, hand it over to a GOP president and watch the spending get under control, and watch unemployment fall.

Oh wait, we tried that, and it didn't work.

2 unfunded wars and 1 unfunded Medicare prescription drug benefit, along with trillions in tax decreases over a decade for people who can afford multiple maids. But yeah, let's blame Obama's stimulus and bailouts (which were unanimously understood to be necessary to avoid a deeper recession).

This post is proof-positive that we'll never fix our problems without a better education system in this country.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:12 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,877,385 times
Quote:
A "communist" country with the lowest marginal tax rate in the industrialized world? LMAO! The level of ignorance here is astonishing. Sure, hand it over to a GOP president and watch the spending get under control, and watch unemployment fall.

Oh wait, we tried that, and it didn't work.

2 unfunded wars and 1 unfunded Medicare prescription drug benefit, along with trillions in tax decreases over a decade for people who can afford multiple maids. But yeah, let's blame Obama's stimulus and bailouts (which were unanimously understood to be necessary to avoid a deeper recession).

This post is proof-positive that we'll never fix our problems without a better education system in this country.
I read your last few posts. Not even worth reading this one. You head is so screwed up you have no clue which way is up...
Keep supporting your corrupt leader if yu want to see the nation fail...
Good news for you and others who are also fooled by the little pr!ck in the WH... The TP is going to save your miserable butt, even if we have to drag you kicking and screaming to success... It's obvious you aren't able to save yourself, you are sleeping with the beast and can't even see it...
good bye.....

Old 07-31-2011, 11:57 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,903,527 times
Quote:
I could not have said it better myself. The Tea Party people are not only horrible for the Republicans but they are equally as bad for the country. Honestly I don't know how the GOP can take these people seriously. They had better be warned that, if they continue to court extreme religious and far right wing types, they will lose elections. I am moderately conservative. I believe in lots of things that the Republicans profess such as less regulation and more private sector and less government. I truly think the private sector with its ideas and innovations are the answer to what ails much of America. I am also pro gun rights with some reasonable restrictions. I have voted for 2 Democrats in the past 20 years. Obama because of of McCain's choice of Sarah Palin and Harry Reid because of Sharron Angle. I cannot and will not vote for candidates that somehow think the USA would be better off if we just wind the clock back 70 years. Reasonable and small government is good government. That is what the Republicans used to believe except for the one time they nominated a far right candidate named Goldwater and got blown off the map. The Republicans need to expel the Tea Party and the religious fundamentalist from their ranks and get focused on the economy, business and jobs. The economy is what is going to determine if they win or lose and not abortion, homosexuality or marijuana policy.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:02 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
I could not have said it better myself. The Tea Party people are not only horrible for the Republicans but they are equally as bad for the country. Honestly I don't know how the GOP can take these people seriously. They had better be warned that, if they continue to court extreme religious and far right wing types, they will lose elections. I am moderately conservative. I believe in lots of things that the Republicans profess such as less regulation and more private sector and less government. I truly think the private sector with its ideas and innovations are the answer to what ails much of America. I am also pro gun rights with some reasonable restrictions. I have voted for 2 Democrats in the past 20 years. Obama because of of McCain's choice of Sarah Palin and Harry Reid because of Sharron Angle. I cannot and will not vote for candidates that somehow think the USA would be better off if we just wind the clock back 70 years. Reasonable and small government is good government. That is what the Republicans used to believe except for the one time they nominated a far right candidate named Goldwater and got blown off the map. The Republicans need to expel the Tea Party and the religious fundamentalist from their ranks and get focused on the economy, business and jobs. The economy is what is going to determine if they win or lose and not abortion, homosexuality or marijuana policy.
Joe, I really feel for guys like you -- conservatives who haven't joined the cult. This is a serious question. Where are guys like you going to go? The Republican statesmen who work with the Democrats to fix this mess are going to pay a political price for this mess. They are going to run more Angle-like candidates against them in the primaries.

It's sad to see this happening to the Republican Party. I'm a Democrat, but until now, I never questioned the Republicans' loyalty to the country. Now I see, with the rise of the Bags, a growing number of them are putting ideology before nationalism.. very worrisome.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:13 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,251,057 times
Quote:
The mainstream Republican party embrased the tea lovers thinking it would bring votes for Republicans. Tea party canditates ran as Republicans. But they still have that agenda of destruction. The Republican party managed to gut itself in the process. There was a time when it was generally silimar in the middle to the Democrats. Now there isn't much middle left.

I've been registering as an Independent last ten years, but will vote with my feet and remain a Democrat forever now. I don't like everything and wonder if there is anyone but the Ron Paul bunch who even think about how we're leaking our freedoms slowly into the void, but will never go near anyone who had sided with the tea party.

I shudder to think of what the world thinks of the spectical of a bunch of narrow minded relics holding the rest hostage. I sincerely hope this results in them being voted OUT.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I read your last few posts. Not even worth reading this one. You head is so screwed up you have no clue which way is up...
Keep supporting your corrupt leader if yu want to see the nation fail...
Good news for you and others who are also fooled by the little pr!ck in the WH... The TP is going to save your miserable butt, even if we have to drag you kicking and screaming to success... It's obvious you aren't able to save yourself, you are sleeping with the beast and can't even see it...
good bye.....
I consider it an honor that someone like you disagrees with me so vehemently. Even if you could spell and punctuate, you're a despicable human being.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:26 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,347,531 times
Default When you wake up Wednesday morning

I'll be going fishing

Old 07-31-2011, 12:27 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,380,865 times
Quote:
When you wake up Wednesday morning:

1. The sky will still be blue
2. The birds will be singing
3. The lights will be on
4. The water will be running
5. Gas will be available
6. Your job will be there waiting (if you had a job Tuesday that is)

In other words, regardless of the so called August 2 deadline to give Obama more money to borrow, the world will not end either way. Wednesday will be no different than Tuesday was.
And my interest rates won't go up, because I didn't sign adjustable rate loans.

BUT....

My 401k will be worthless along with my stocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies