Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 12:29 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
And my interest rates won't go up, because I didn't sign adjustable rate loans.

BUT....

My 401k will be worthless along with my stocks.
Don't forget your cash will be worth less too. Way to go Bags!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 12:32 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Don't forget your cash will be worth less too. Way to go Bags!
I have enough assets to weather the storm and get by.

Now I could be eating spam and only twice a day, but I've been there before. Looks like I'll be fishing for supper more.

A country boy will survive.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:35 PM

37,184 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
When you wake up Wednesday morning:

1. The sky will still be blue
2. The birds will be singing
3. The lights will be on
4. The water will be running
5. Gas will be available
6. Your job will be there waiting (if you had a job Tuesday that is)

In other words, regardless of the so called August 2 deadline to give Obama more money to borrow, the world will not end either way. Wednesday will be no different than Tuesday was.
Unless we default.

In that case, you forgot to mention that your SS check will not come and that your 401k may be worth 40% of what it was on Monday. Oh - and with the government shut down, unemployment will be around 25-30%. Other than that, no change. None whatever.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:58 PM

76 posts, read 112,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Are you telling me that Pelosi lied about the "end of the world" and how Boehner has "gone to the dark side"?? That lady has just lost it completely... as I understand it... interests on credit cards will go up 1 percent... ohhhh... mortgage rates will go up 0.2%... ohhh... PUBLIC student loans will be unaffected... auto loans will be unaffected... ohhh... basically, in liberal-tongues "end of the world" ohhhh... have they put the fear in you yet?
Pelosi has become a great diappointment , and has been displaying her ultimate goal of serving herself while holding office. Unfortunately, that has become the thing to do with ones life these day's; to hold political office knowing that the tax payer will foot the bill for their retirement future, while the rest of us get
the perverbial "thumbing of the nose." What a waste of hard earned money.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:51 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OreNative78 View Post
This is what happens when dogmatic religion infiltrates government. And yes, the Teabagger philosophies are a religion, with a self-fulfilling prophecy of destruction of our government. The worst part? After they destroy the government with their own irresponsible actions, they'll blame the black guy.

Oops! There it is again-

Talk about a religion!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:13 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,903,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Joe, I really feel for guys like you -- conservatives who haven't joined the cult. This is a serious question. Where are guys like you going to go? The Republican statesmen who work with the Democrats to fix this mess are going to pay a political price for this mess. They are going to run more Angle-like candidates against them in the primaries.

It's sad to see this happening to the Republican Party. I'm a Democrat, but until now, I never questioned the Republicans' loyalty to the country. Now I see, with the rise of the Bags, a growing number of them are putting ideology before nationalism.. very worrisome.
I will admit that I myself have been part of the problem as have many Republicans. This is because most of us have tended to ignore primaries and caucuses. I did last time and we ended up with Sharron Angle. I just assumed Sue Lowden was going to win the primary as did many people here. We have allowed the extreme to control the primary process. I will not miss another primary and when it comes time again I will be supporting Mitt Romney. What happened here in the Senate race must not be allowed to happen to the Presidency.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 AM

223 posts, read 268,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Oops! There it is again-

Talk about a religion!
Not really. The white guy spent 8 years spending like a drunken sailor, and cutting taxes in order to create crippling deficits. Then, within a few months of electing the black guy, suddenly this "Tea Party" wants to have an "adult conversation" about deficits and spending.

Where were these idiots between 2001-09 when we turned budget surpluses and the possibility of being debt-free into a thing of the distant past? Nowhere.

They're racists. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies