Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 08:58 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,196 times

Advertisements

When you wake up Wednesday morning:

1. The sky will still be blue
2. The birds will be singing
3. The lights will be on
4. The water will be running
5. Gas will be available
6. Your job will be there waiting (if you had a job Tuesday that is)

In other words, regardless of the so called August 2 deadline to give Obama more money to borrow, the world will not end either way. Wednesday will be no different than Tuesday was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 09:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post

3. The lights will be on
5. Gas will be available

In other words, regardless of the so called August 2 deadline to give Obama more money to borrow, the world will not end either way. Wednesday will be no different than Tuesday was.
Since Geithner and Obama are the only two people who can hold back my
Social Security check I intend to call the bank to see if it came through, though.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:12 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Hopefully the Chiefs will have signed Abreyu Franklin by then!!

Old 07-29-2011, 09:19 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post

3. The lights will be on
5. Gas will be available

It will also be harder for everyone to borrow money as there will be higher interest rates. Once more GDP growth is already anemic. A default will only make that worse and extend the recession.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It will also be harder for everyone to borrow money as there will be higher interest rates. Once more GDP growth is already anemic. A default will only make that worse and extend the recession.
It's a good thing have more than enough tax receipts and that we won't default, but we appreciate your contribution in the event a country would actually default.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
I wonder if this will turn into another Y2K fear with a run on grocery stores, ATM's and gas stations ?
Americans are truly gullible and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It's a good thing have more than enough tax receipts and that we won't default, but we appreciate your contribution in the event a country would actually default.
I pay my taxes, and even if we don't default, but have a reduced credit rating all of what I said remains true. Its like Republicans don't understand that higher interest rates are more or less going to be a tax.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:24 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I pay my taxes, and even if we don't default, but have a reduced credit rating all of what I said remains true.
You cannot prove that will happen and tax receipts minus obligations requires a 40% reduction in discretionary spending. Entirely doable. No default, sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
You cannot prove that will happen and tax receipts minus obligations requires a 40% reduction in discretionary spending. Entirely doable. No default, sorry to burst your bubble.
Just watch, if something isn't done soon there will be interest rate issues.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:30 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I wonder if this will turn into another Y2K fear with a run on grocery stores, ATM's and gas stations ?
Americans are truly gullible and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
You could be right. They keep ramping up the fear meter there could surely be a run on some banks come next week. I will sit back and enjoy the show for sure just like the Y2K fiasco. Wait until doomsday in 2012. Mayans will be laughing their butts off too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies