Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the debt ceiling debate finally over?
Yes 5 21.74%
No 18 78.26%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 05:20 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I am just hoping the stock market falls about another 1500 points. I got a crap load of cash waiting on the side lines to dump back in for these great buying opportunities. Come on Tea Party rock and roll this mother ****er!!! YEEE HAWWWW
You have a fiver burning a hole in your pocket, do you? You'd like to see the nation collapse so you can double it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 05:21 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
I can't wait to see how much Obama "compromised." I hope they gave him a cigarette when it was over.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
In the end the Tea Party has framed the debate and likely much of what will be the final solution. Its like that when a movement start to figure so deeply in party poitcs. Just lookig at the mid term state house elections shows just how strong the movermant is. No politican can ignore it really.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:29 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
You have a fiver burning a hole in your pocket, do you? You'd like to see the nation collapse so you can double it?
Quit drinking the Koolaide. This country was never on the verge of collapse. Just waiting for another great buying opportunity like March 06 2009. Damn that was a good day.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:31 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Quit drinking the Koolaide. This country was never on the verge of collapse. Just waiting for another great buying opportunity like March 06 2009. Damn that was a good day.
How much did you gross? $20, $30? I can see how that was big money for a guy like you.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:41 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
How much did you gross? $20, $30? I can see how that was big money for a guy like you.
What ever makes you feel better about not getting in on the action the last 2 years.

Thats the problem with the libers today always looking at the negative side of things. What happen to the hopey changey attitude of November 4th 2008? Awe shucks poor little fear monger BHO not getting his way again. I know it must be racisim. LMAO. Have fun!!!

Old 07-30-2011, 05:45 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I can't wait to see how much Obama "compromised." I hope they gave him a cigarette when it was over.
I'm an Obama supporter, but I must say I literally LOL'd when I read this. I could imagine it, Boenher, McConnell, Reid, Obama all in a room behind closed doors . *throws up*

Old 07-30-2011, 05:48 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm an Obama supporter, but I must say I literally LOL'd when I read this. I could imagine it, Boenher, McConnell, Reid, Obama all in a room behind closed doors . *throws up*
Glad to lighten things up!! I was laughing as I typed this. I'm just betting he gave away the farm.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:50 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Breaking News (CNN): Republican congressional leaders indicate they are close to a deal with President Obama to raise the nation's debt limit.

Let's hope this mess is over with soon.

...link now available:

Democrats, Republicans disagree on state of debt talks - CNN.com

&

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
But who speaks for the Republicans? Boehner? McConnell? Cantor? DeMint? There is a strong leadership vacuum on the Right; Boehner couldn't get his own caucus to pass his plan. At that point he should have stepped down; what credibility does retain? It may be time for House Republicans to hold a Vote of No Confidence in Boehner so they can address the chaos in their midst.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:52 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,190 times
Quote:

What's good for Wallstreet has never been good for the nation. That is the entire problem of the ponzi scheme that is the US economy. Where have you been? We gave $800 billion to the bankers. Yes I would like to see the nation collapse. Thats what needs to happen for the average American to pull their head out of their arse and wake up. Otherwise those rest of us informed, intelligent, and responsible citizens will be taken along for the ride. Just what do you think would happen in a "collapse" anyways? Business as usual will pretty much remain business as usual. So we have more unemployed because Americans can't mindlessly consume crap they don't need and companies will go out of business and lay people off. Well maybe Americans can go back to growing their own food instead of corporations. Maybe we can go back to mowing our own lawns instead of cheap immigrants. Maybe doctors will have to actually compete for jobs instead of relying on medicare and medicaid spending for their livelihoods. I don't think a collapse is the worst of our worries. Keeping this ponzi scheme going for another 10-15 years is. Or worse we will be knee deep in a war on the African continent or with Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies