Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will doctors be forced to receive Medicare patients as a condition to getting licensed?
Yes 27 54.00%
No 18 36.00%
Pie 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 04:30 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Did I mention that:

I LIKE PIE!
I took "pie" myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 09:49 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,607 times
The problem remains that when doctors who are required to take Medicare & Medicaid patents, health care costs for everybody else must go up even more due to the rates which the government pays under Medicare & Medicaid for medical proicedures at well below costs.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:37 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I don't know whether they will or not, but I hope so with regard to Medicare and Medicaid.

A doctor has a license to practice medicine because it is in the public interest. That license gives the doctor the opportunity to make mind-boggling incomes. I see no reason why, as a condition of having an exclusive license to make the money a doctor makes in the united States a doctor shouldn't be expected to accept patients whose health coverage is from Medicare or Medicaid.

Certainly from not making "mind-boggling" money from Medicare/Medicaid many will opt out of being a Doctor altogether.

More people covered, less Doctors is in our future.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:38 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Bringing home just under $10,000 per month will give ANYONE a great lifestyle. Millions work in America today 2/3/4/jobs ..work 60 to 80 hours or more a week in hard jobs... and bring home $1000.00 per month and complain less than these scumbags who get rich on other peoples misery.
Awwwww let's all cry for the greedy pathetic leeches in the USA
No it wouldn't. Not in the higher COL areas and those places need medical care too. $120k might by let you rent a small, 30 yr old house in my area. Forget about buying one though.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:32 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
For anyone supporting the forced acceptance of Medicare patients, what criteria? First 5 years of practice? First 10? Indefinitely? What % should they be required to take in? What happens if they didn't do this? Do they lose their license? Pay a big fine? Serve time in jail?

Old 08-02-2011, 06:06 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,834,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
For anyone supporting the forced acceptance of Medicare patients, what criteria? First 5 years of practice? First 10? Indefinitely? What % should they be required to take in? What happens if they didn't do this? Do they lose their license? Pay a big fine? Serve time in jail?
This goes along with my post earlier. The poll results show an emotional reaction without any real thought about what it would take, what it would mean, and what the unintended consequences would be. As I said, this will not happen anytime soon.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:12 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Doctors have that ability and they also have rights, up to a point, to do so but when one of their union like groups does something the government doesn't like they are attacked by the government and the media, and you know that as well as i do.
Evidence, please, if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:28 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
This goes along with my post earlier. The poll results show an emotional reaction without any real thought about what it would take, what it would mean, and what the unintended consequences would be. As I said, this will not happen anytime soon.
Unfortunately, I'm afraid that it is exactly because of raw emotion this will play out. The old farts and other leeches who want their health care are in key voting blocks. However, I don't believe this kind of draconian regressive policy would be tried for more than 5-10 years before the negative consequences played out. Then, the gov't will hurry to undo the damage it caused.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:34 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,989,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Not sure how France's system works, i do know that because it is in the European Community, all anyone from the UK has to do when visiting any EU country is fill in a form and we get free health care when in those Countries.

Free healthcare? , somebody has to pay for it and they do.You probably had several thousand pounds a year collected by Inland Revenue and allocated by the HM Chancellor of the Exchecker to the Ministry of Health and to the NHS.
Now about that free EU healthcare. Britain has reciprocity agreements with its EU partners to provide treatment to EU nationals who happen to sick on a trip to the UK this is in exchange for providing medical services to UK nationals in Paris, Berlin or even the Costa del Sol.

Last edited by mwruckman; 08-02-2011 at 10:05 AM..

Old 08-02-2011, 09:52 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,989,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
This is false. No one is denied emergency health care treatment.

No one is denied emergency healthcare. The problem is most medical care is not emergency care but chronic care and this is not widely available. For example a heart attack or congestive heart failure is an emergency, cardiovascular disease is not an emergency and is usually not treated in America until one has the crisis (near death experience) then we spend the big bucks and sometimes we save a life sometimes we don't. The same for cancer, stages 1-3 are usually not treated but by the time its in stage 4 it is an emergency usually causing one or more organs to fail. What about diabetes? There is little the ER will do until you get kidney failure or diabettic shock (high or low blood suger).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies