Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Respect for the laws of this great land we call The United States of America, living within my means and a sincere faith in a power greater than myself.

To elaborate further; I pay my taxes and vote, I didn't buy a Mc Mansion that I can't afford and I know that if I ever meet a God in Haven I can truthfully attest that I tried my best to be a good and decent person.

Here's a little poem that my humble conservative mind finds inspirational:

At God's footstool to confess,
A poor soul knelt and bowed his head.
"I failed." he cried. The Master said,
"Thou didst thy best, that is success."
Hell, nearly everyone i know regardless of party lives like that. That's not a conservative lifestyle. Not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 02:44 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hell, nearly everyone i know regardless of party lives like that. That's not a conservative lifestyle. Not even close.
con·serv·a·tive/kənˈsərvətiv/
Adjective: Holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in politics or religion.
Noun: A person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in politics.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
con·serv·a·tive/kənˈsərvətiv/
Adjective: Holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in politics or religion.
Noun: A person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in politics.
You might wanna find another two definitions. Neither one of those are anything to be proud of. Cautious about change or innovation? Averse to change? Holds on to traditional values and attitudes?

LOL...i'll pass.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:46 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Just to remind all you "nay sayers,"

1. The Tea Party stands up for fiscal responsibility and forcing the Federal Government to remain within the bounds of our Constitution!

2. Defense of America is the primary responsibility of the Federal Government. Of course their funding should never be cut for political purposes. Our Military superiority must be always held to the highest strength in this world as is possible. Cut everything else before cutting defense budgets. Actually, any and all who are responsible for irresponsible spending which would put our defense budget in jeopardy should be considered borderline traitors!

For those that argue with the above, I fear for their future. If you can't understand the above, you could contribute to the destruction of America.
Oh, please. You are doing nothing but fearmongering.

"Traitors?" This the worst kind of ultra-nationalism.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:46 PM

269 posts, read 255,896 times
He's primarily right, yes.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:52 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Just to remind all you "nay sayers,"

1. The Tea Party stands up for fiscal responsibility and forcing the Federal Government to remain within the bounds of our Constitution!

2. Defense of America is the primary responsibility of the Federal Government. Of course their funding should never be cut for political purposes. Our Military superiority must be always held to the highest strength in this world as is possible. Cut everything else before cutting defense budgets. Actually, any and all who are responsible for irresponsible spending which would put our defense budget in jeopardy should be considered borderline traitors!

For those that argue with the above, I fear for their future. If you can't understand the above, you could contribute to the destruction of America.

The defense of America begins at home, such as guarding our borders, not offensive tactics around the world that only benefit the government and the 1% in bed with them. The true traitors of this country are the ones that use our government around the world for their own enrichment such as through trade and financial policies at the expense of the majority of American's.

If you want to limit the power of government, the first big step is taking away their control, and the military is their biggest weapon in that regard.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:53 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
The defense of America begins at home, such as guarding our borders, not offensive tactics around the world that only benefit the government and the 1% in bed with them. The true traitors of this country are the ones that use our government around the world for their own enrichment such as through trade and financial policies at the expense of the majority of American's.

If you want to limit the power of government, the first big step is taking away their control, and the military is their biggest weapon in that regard.
But Tea Partiers don't want to limit the power of government. They want more power-power for themselves, power over other people's lives.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:00 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
If the Tea Party does not want to cut Offense Spending, then they are wrong--though I support their efforts to reduce government to a level our nation can survive. We currently do not defend our borders at all, though we waste trillions arming the world and starting wars everywhere, so we can send our young adults to die there. It is a Death industry that MUST end, and the American taxpayer must stop being enslaved to pay for such atrocious Mass Murder and maiming.

We could defend our nation on a miniscule budget of nuclear weapons and policing the border. Since in the modern word, nations are taken over by stealing their wealth, rather than occupying territory, we have already largely given away most of our wealth to China and other nations. They now have our manufacturing industry, and our jobs. No way they'd be stupid enough to try and invade physically, then they'd be stuck with the non-functional economy and much of the population now not able to work the insane hours required by greedy corporations.

Note that by almost wiping out the Offense Budget, we would have enough to pay for Social Security and Medicare for decades to come. With a SS lockbox now empty of all but worthless IOUs from Congress to raise taxes, this is the only way the Baby Boom gets ANYTHING back for their lifetime of contributing 15.3 cents on every dollar they ever earned.

It's a win - win! Wipe out the cost of endless wars and conflicts and death, and use the money to pay for the retirement of the Baby Boom. Then get rid of the grossly overgrown government that crushes the economy, and we can still have a nation in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies