Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:14 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Done! "Don't you look stupid" is about as obvious a personal attack as there is.
Whatever you say, I disagree and it was not meant as a personal attack. If you want to report me, then just do it and stop taking up space on the forum talking about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 08:17 PM

160 posts, read 349,659 times
Quote:
Yes. She did the right thing for the wrong reasons. She's not the first.
You are right--not only are animals culled for being deemed unfit, but humans also sometimes do that.

I'd say wear a condom or if one is somehow unable to do that, then if you have a baby, put it up for adoption, give it a good home. But some folks like to cull the herd or just don't feel like letting a baby live, due to, well, the moment's so gone.

I'm glad my wife's bio mom didn't decided to have her sucked out and tossed into a dumpster. She was adopted out, wound up in a great home, etc. So was her brother. So was my dad. And maybe people would stop going to china to purchase kids if more kiddies in this country, if they can't be responsible after they take their clothes off, can at least be responsible with the life they created and let it live, give it to a good home.

Now that's doing "the right thing"....for all the right reasons.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, but that isn't personal...and your s was......and it's true. All anyone needs for proof is to read the threads in here...the neo/con Repugs display total hatred towards the poor consistantly.
Again, that is completely not true and is an offensive thing to accuse people of. As I stated before, conservatives donate a lot to assorted charities and if we hated poor people, why would we do that?

If you really want to get on the subject of being derogatory, calling people "repugs" and "*******s" is also not so nice.

Everyone needs to put their big girl/boy undies on and stop being petty. Stick with the topic and we'll all be fine.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Whatever you say, I disagree and it was not meant as a personal attack. If you want to report me, then just do it and stop taking up space on the forum talking about it.
LOL!

Quote:
Again, that is completely not true and is an offensive thing to accuse people of. As I stated before, conservatives donate a lot to assorted charities and if we hated poor people, why would we do that?

If you really want to get on the subject of being derogatory, calling people "repugs" and "*******s" is also not so nice.

Everyone needs to put their big girl/boy undies on and stop being petty. Stick with the topic and we'll all be fine.
Just who quit and made you mod?

Old 08-01-2011, 08:25 PM

160 posts, read 349,659 times
Quote:
At the very least, stop saying it will decrease abortions, etc.
maybe the children/women that go to margaret sanger's planned parenthood are too stupid to figure out where they sell condoms?

Wait, they don't have to even go to any planned parenthood eugenics clinic--illinois gives them direct access to your children in the government union schools down there. Probably lots of other places let them set up shop in schools too.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:32 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,285,888 times
Quote:
Then report me. It's no worse than you saying that conservatives hate poor people, since that is an outright lie and a derogatory thing to say about people who simply don't see eye to eye with you.
Okay.

There is a difference between saying a group of people don't like something, and picking on a specific member of City Data and attacking them because you don't like what they are saying.

Quote:
Calling someone stupid is a personal attack. This isn't something you can not believe in like Santa.

Quote:

Charities to support their agenda.

Yes. Do so.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
LOL!

Just who quit and made you mod?
Ugh, that has nothing to do with anything. What I said was basic common sense. Now, leave it alone or I will start reporting you for being off topic.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:08 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's free for them but it will be paid for by you via your premiums.
Nothing in this world is truly free.
Cheaper'n unwanted babies I reckon.

What's that old saying...ounce of prevention, pound of something? Yeah.

Regardless of how anyone feels about birth control, the bottom line is hard to argue with. Pills and condoms are cheap. Babies? No.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Okay.

There is a difference between saying a group of people don't like something, and picking on a specific member of City Data and attacking them because you don't like what they are saying.

Calling someone stupid is a personal attack. This isn't something you can not believe in like Santa.

Charities to support their agenda.

Yes. Do so.
#1 I never called you stupid. If you want to insert words where there aren't any, that's on you.

#2 I did not "pick on" you, nor did I "attack" you. I completely disproved your little theory that conservatives hate poor people. IMO, that makes you look stupid. That is not picking on you. If you honestly feel that way, I think you need to grow some thicker skin. How about every time I get called a bigot b/c I don't support gay marriage, or when I get called a racist b/c I disagree with Obama's policies? Do you think I report that every time it's said? No, b/c I'm an adult and I can deal with whatever people want to say about me. To be honest, everyone could stand to be nicer on this forum and stop with the name-calling. But again, I NEVER called you stupid.

MOVING ON

#3 The charities support their cause, sure, why would they donate to a cause they don't support? If you think their agenda is to hurt poor people, but yet many of their donations go to poor people...that makes NO sense.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:17 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,285,888 times
Quote:
Ugh, that has nothing to do with anything. What I said was basic common sense. Now, leave it alone or I will start reporting you for being off topic.
That doesn't work.

Quote:
#1 I never called you stupid. If you want to insert words where there aren't any, that's on you.

#2 I did not "pick on" you, nor did I "attack" you. I completely disproved your little theory that conservatives hate poor people. IMO, that makes you look stupid. That is not picking on you. If you honestly feel that way, I think you need to grow some thicker skin. How about every time I get called a bigot b/c I don't support gay marriage, or when I get called a racist b/c I disagree with Obama's policies? Do you think I report that every time it's said? No, b/c I'm an adult and I can deal with whatever people want to say about me. To be honest, everyone could stand to be nicer on this forum and stop with the name-calling. But again, I NEVER called you stupid.

MOVING ON

#3 The charities support their cause, sure, why would they donate to a cause they don't support? If you think their agenda is to hurt poor people, but yet many of their donations go to poor people...that makes NO sense.
Yes you did.

Maybe in your mind, but you also have violated City Data's T.O.S. You talk a lot, but you don't believe what you say about it.

Yeah, you don't make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies