Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times

Advertisements

By all accounts, Obama is a consensus builder, not a rabble rouser. However, if he wants to win in 2012, he's going to have to change his stripes. He's going to have to aggressively attack the Bags and other conservatives as enemies of the America many of us, I believe the majority of us, want to live in.

Does he have it in him to do this? Doubtful... but if he goes on the offensive and explains to the American public in detail that the Bags are just the latest vanguard of a rightwing conspiracy that wants to dismantle the public sector, he will probably drum up enough votes to win in 2012 -- leaving the Bags and Bag supporters confused and outraged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 09:42 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,482 times
How are they enemies of america?

How does wanting freedom and to keep more of your hard earned money and to follow the constitution make someone an enemy of Amercia?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
By all accounts, Obama is a consensus builder, not a rabble rouser. However, if he wants to win in 2012, he's going to have to change his stripes. He's going to have to aggressively attack the Bags and other conservatives as enemies of the America many of us, I believe the majority of us, want to live in.

Does he have it in him to do this? Doubtful... but if he goes on the offensive and explains to the American public in detail that the Bags are just the latest vanguard of a rightwing conspiracy that wants to dismantle the public sector, he will probably drum up enough votes to win in 2012 -- leaving the Bags and Bag supporters confused and outraged.
Why not, he lies about everything else. What's a little more propaganda for the sheep going to hurt right?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
How are they enemies of america?

How does wanting freedom and to keep more of your hard earned money and to follow the constitution make someone an enemy of Amercia?
They, or their backers, want to dismantle Social Security, Medicare and public schools for starters. Most Americans still see these things as part of "America."

Obama needs to get a clue and realize that that's what the stakes are. That's what they're fighting for. The American people at least deserve to understand where this is leading, so they can voluntarily choose to vote themselves a much lower quality of life.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,293 times
I think Skippy is in trouble when he actually has to run on what he's done versus what he says he'll do. He got elected because he was a pretty face that spoke well and inspired people. The question is if people will still believe the facade.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:53 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,380,865 times
Quote:

Here is the real scoop.

Republicans have almost abandoned hope of winning the white house.

Their candidates are weak, and they are weakened by the same people that are supposed to be helping them, the TEA party.

So they have made a deal with the devil. We'll give you the white house which looks a though its lost before the race has started, and you help us get rid of the TEA party.

Republicans will likely pick up the house and the Senate, and Dems will hold the white house for another 4 years. Then they'll balance the budget, Republicans will look awesome, Dems won't have a real candidate in 2016, and the race is on.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I think Skippy is in trouble when he actually has to run on what he's done versus what he says he'll do. He got elected because he was a pretty face that spoke well and inspired people. The question is if people will still believe the facade.
He has actually done a lot, Calvin. He established health care, repealed DADT and captured Bin Laden. He needs to come out for his health care plan strongly and boldly. I know you and many other folks like you hate it, but if it was good enough for him to put into policy, he needs to tout it.

DADT -- same thing. I know many Americans hate it, but if it was good enough for him to enact, it should be good enough for him to defend.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:57 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,608 times
I would get use to the fact that if Obama even gets the nomination to run again, he will lose, ...........and he will lose big time.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Here is the real scoop.

Republicans have almost abandoned hope of winning the white house.

Their candidates are weak, and they are weakened by the same people that are supposed to be helping them, the TEA party.

So they have made a deal with the devil. We'll give you the white house which looks a though its lost before the race has started, and you help us get rid of the TEA party.

Republicans will likely pick up the house and the Senate, and Dems will hold the white house for another 4 years. Then they'll balance the budget, Republicans will look awesome, Dems won't have a real candidate in 2016, and the race is on.
I agree that the Republicans may play an old Democrat card and snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory here, and it will be because of the Tea Bags. They're intent on running the looniest candidate they can find.

If this plays out with a Republican Congress and Senate and a Democratic White House, we'll probably see a repeat of the same good policy we had in the 90s. I think the majority of Americans would be happy with the policy that would come out of that kind of government.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:58 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,063 times
Quote:
He has actually done a lot, Calvin. He established health care, repealed DADT and captured Bin Laden. He needs to come out for his health care plan strongly and boldly. I know you and many other folks like you hate it, but if it was good enough for him to put into policy, he needs to tout it.

DADT -- same thing. I know many Americans hate it, but if it was good enough for him to enact, it should be good enough for him to defend.
If you are going to give Obama credit for getting OBL just because it happened while he was in office, then you also need to credit him with the recession since that hit the low points (so far) during his term too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies