Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,310,996 times

Advertisements

Zbigniew Brzezinski called for a technocratic police state in one of his books decades ago. Globalism is about consolidation of power and corporate global governance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 09:04 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Oh **** the queen card fell!

Old 08-04-2011, 09:05 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Zbigniew Brzezinski called for a technocratic police state in one of his books decades ago. Globalism is about consolidation of power and corporate global governance.
That would be awesome. That would last 1.2 seconds when the masses figured it out.

One world, no borders, free markets, taxed only enough to keep everything moving and working. It is what it is.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:11 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Is there ANY liberal response to the real issues facing our nation, other than name-calling and personal insults?
That you think this reality is the fault of liberals is astounding and detracts from your arguments. Wearing my liberal hat for the sake of this discussion, I have no solution, no solution until the problems are clearly dissected. All I read are economic arguments and size of government arguments which are primarily conservative focal points. There is no "side" that's at fault. And it is with that fact, that scalpel if you will, that we should begin to cut away the crap to find the truth.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:34 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,208,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Social Security is not a Ponzi scheme - it is a deferred annuity, paid for by the recipients of the annuity. The tax dollars put forth by the Boomers is proportionally the same as the money put forth by current taxpayers. If anything, it was more, in inflation adjusted dollars. The money we put in is OUR money. I would gladly forgo SS benefits if I could get ALL of the money I put into it, along with an averaged interest for the years I put in.
That is not factual, annuities have reserves, SS has debt. Here are the facts.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/19645621-post92.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/19641551-post1.html

Old 08-11-2011, 07:40 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,809,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
That is not factual, annuities have reserves, SS has debt. Here are the facts.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/19645621-post92.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/19641551-post1.html
If I am paying cash into SS, then by definition, those are MY reserves, and if the annuity-issuant is not bankrupt, then I am due my annuity.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:54 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
The Debt Crisis Is A Trojan Horse To Cause The Fall of America

"A sovereign nation can always find the money to pay debts owed in its own currency. The U.S. could, if it wished, pay its bills using debt-free U.S. Notes or Greenbacks, just as President Lincoln did to avoid a crippling debt during the Civil War. Alternatively, it could eliminate the deficit with Ron Paul's plan, which amounts to the same thing." - Ellen Brown, "Forget Compromise: The Debt Ceiling Is Unconstitutional."

Behind all the flim-flammery of this manufactured "crisis," we are watching the creation of a new form of government -- or rather, the further mutation of the new form of government that the United States has been crawling toward for a long time. We called it a "neo-feudal oligarchy backed by a militarist police state" here the other day. No doubt there are many other ways you could describe this murderous, ravenous, lopsided monstrosity of a system. But the one thing you cannot call it is a "republic." - Chris Floyd, "If the Republic Had Not Died A Long Time Ago, This Would Indeed Be the Death of the Republic (Reprise)."

"Well, we are reportedly 48 hours out from a total default on the debt to the foreign governments and private Federal Reserve that have taken over this country through economic fraud, and have engaged in a conquest that the British Empire couldn't succeed in, that Hitler couldn't succeed in, that the Soviets couldn't succeed at. They have conquered us through fraud by stealth. But, the moment you become aware of the private banking cartel's global government that they're publicly admitting now they're setting up, that you'll pay your VAT taxes to, your carbon taxes, and the rest of it - the minute you're aware of it then their power begins to wane.

That's why the banksters are setting up a homeland security control grid in every country they're in under international agreements and rules to crackdown and go after anybody that criticizes the private central banks running those nations. When you get the internal training manuals from England to Australia, from Germany to Canada, to the United States, it is the same thing. The public is told, "Give your rights up because al-Qaeda is hiding underneath every table," but when you get the actual manuals its people that don't want to give up their sovereignty to the global government." - Alex Jones, "The Debt Crisis: Banksters, Thugs and Crooks," from 04:42 to 06:04.
"They are slaves who dare not be in the right with two or three." - James Russell Lowell
The long transformation of America from a relatively free society into a full-fledged, technocratic police state is now complete.

Just so you know...

Old 08-11-2011, 08:25 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Never give up hope, I hear more people talking about monetary reform and the fed every day.
monetary reform is a good thing, i agree.

his post goes wrong, somewhere towards the end.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:14 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,208,437 times
Quote:
If I am paying cash into SS, then by definition, those are MY reserves, and if the annuity-issuant is not bankrupt, then I am due my annuity.
You did not read the fine print, it is not an annuity type structure, the original idea was but it was quickly changed in 1939.

You are not paying into reserves, you are paying current retirees with the promise of future generations doing the same for you.

Under the rules regarding insurance company solvency, the issuant is bankrupt.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
You did not read the fine print, it is not an annuity type structure, the original idea was but it was quickly changed in 1939.

You are not paying into reserves, you are paying current retirees with the promise of future generations doing the same for you.

Under the rules regarding insurance company solvency, the issuant is bankrupt.
Sounds like a Ponzi scheme.

Aren't those illegal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies