U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 01:20 PM

11,431 posts, read 17,296,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
pedro parker..espider man....works for me. :d
lol.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 11:14 PM

2,950 posts, read 4,637,873 times
I think many posters here are missing the larger, and far more dangerous threat to the American Way, and that is Lou Dobbs was right!!! Not only are Mexican immigrants are taking all our real jobs, now they are taking away our make-believe jobs. And even a border fence won't work this time. This guy is freakin' Spiderman!!!

Oh, sure, you think I am joking but where will this stop? Black Santa? (Yo, you be naughty), a gay tooth fairy (your new tooth looks FABuloussssss!), an asian Easter Bunny (mommy, why is there moo shu in my Easter basket and where is the dog?). And then there is Jaime Bond, Indiana de Jesus, Hans Solo and Chuy, Luka Walker con Sky (imagine what a light sabre could do to a pinata), Obi Wanda Nairobi....I could go on but you get the point.

Our fake white people our losing their fake jobs to fake minorities.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:33 PM

3,948 posts, read 3,891,216 times
Tobey Maquire is hot in that picture. I'm a huge comic book fan and I'm Black. I think it is kinda funny, but I'm not complaining, LOL. I think it is weird that his sexuality is being highlighted. I think we live in a America where the different media giants try to advance certain agendas. Obviously, huh? As if we didn't already know that. I just don't support the sneaky methods of trying to promote.

With all of that said, those of us who are comic fans are more pissed about where the title has gone than the race and sex changes. Comic books are sacred, lol. For me, I think Spider-Man is Spider-Man and Superman is Superman, Batman is Batman and the stories can change, but the completely change the character is weird.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:48 AM

8,200 posts, read 6,309,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Tobey Maquire is hot in that picture. I'm a huge comic book fan and I'm Black. I think it is kinda funny, but I'm not complaining, LOL. I think it is weird that his sexuality is being highlighted. I think we live in a America where the different media giants try to advance certain agendas. Obviously, huh? As if we didn't already know that. I just don't support the sneaky methods of trying to promote.

With all of that said, those of us who are comic fans are more pissed about where the title has gone than the race and sex changes. Comic books are sacred, lol. For me, I think Spider-Man is Spider-Man and Superman is Superman, Batman is Batman and the stories can change, but the completely change the character is weird.
If you were a comic book fan, you'd know who Miguel O'Hara is.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:07 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,750,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
If you were a comic book fan, you'd know who Miguel O'Hara is.

And the fact there are currently two people called Batman. Not even getting into how many Robins there have been.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:12 AM

40,051 posts, read 31,766,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
If he is gay who will be his romantic partner?

Will the story be a big sell like the original?
Bwah hah haaah! That was their insidious goal all along!

Old 08-05-2011, 07:31 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,386,564 times
So the Green Goblin (or will he be changed into the "Green Gobbler"?) when beaten will either be given the choice of a hard butt-reaming or a really bad makeover? And will Spiderman, instead of shooting webs the traditional way, start snapping his fingers to make them appear?

No more spidey-sense... now it's just fashion-sense.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:39 AM

8,200 posts, read 6,309,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
And the fact there are currently two people called Batman. Not even getting into how many Robins there have been.
And the fact that the current Batwoman is a lesbian.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:54 PM

3,100 posts, read 2,964,041 times
And don't get started on the defunct MC2 Spider-Girl thing.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:12 PM

16,222 posts, read 8,964,540 times
I know a lot of black guys who are going to be upset that the only way a black man can be a super hero is to be gay.

But other than that, it is interesting. I have a 9 year old who loves comics and Spiderman especially. He is our comic book expert in the whole family the other kids in other states call to get his opinion and expertise regarding comic characters. It is really interesting.

But I will admit that my husband will more than likely be one who is upset about the homosexuality. Even I don't understand why they felt the need to put, in effect, 3 minority labels on one character. Guess they want to try to hit up all the underrepresented groups in one character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies