Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 12:55 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The majority of those districts either now have a more Conservative in that position now, or they were not quite ready to take the big leap to full bore conservative thinking and the Blue Dog, held their own. Gabby Giffords, campaign is a perfect example..
Which clearly points out that the tea party is not a non-partisan group, as you are trying to portray them. They will not support Democratic candidates, no matter how fiscally conservative that Democrat may be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
You go through the whole song and dance of explaining what the CRA is, but you missed MY point completely.

I said that the CRA program was FAR too small to have caused the crisis, and you didn't disprove that.

I said earlier -- I'm not crazy about the CRA. However, let's get real about what you're trying to do here. You're trying to take 20 years of mistakes, and wrap that up into one story that blames it on "black people and Democrats." And I can see how that's appealing to the GOP.

Derivative deregulation was a clear bipartisan effort.
You dont get it the whole point is the economy,deficits wars all caused by black people. Tea party 101

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Repeal of Glass Steagall and mandating banks make subprime loans. Also, outsourcing was started by the Progressives under their globalist agenda.
I'm still trying to figure out what Tea Partiers are doing to reinstate Glass Steagall.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:05 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times
One thing I have learned about the tea party is they like to add "ist or ism" to words, and half if not most of the time they don't seem to know the actual definition. Probably shouldn't be surprised, it's the Party of the Misspelled sign, so what ever.

Personally the day the Real Republican drop these folks it would be a good day, it's good to know there are a few in the senate who still have some intelligence.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Which clearly points out that the tea party is not a non-partisan group, as you are trying to portray them. They will not support Democratic candidates, no matter how fiscally conservative that Democrat may be.

They would have to be very Conservative, not Conservative Lite.

There is usually a much more conservative alternative to choose from.

Wanting to cut spending and in the next breath going after the 2nd amendment is not going to cut it.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
One thing I have learned about the tea party is they like to add "ist or ism" to words, and half if not most of the time they don't seem to know the actual definition. Probably shouldn't be surprised, it's the Party of the Misspelled sign, so what ever.

Personally the day the Real Republican drop these folks it would be a good day, it's good to know there are a few in the senate who still have some intelligence.

The Republican Party can't just drop these folks, d-a

These folks are supporting people that are putting the Republican and Democrat machines in the rust pile.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:12 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You dont get it the whole point is the economy,deficits wars all caused by black people. Tea party 101
Right, I mean here's their logic:

Democrats caused Fannie, Freddie, and the CRA.
CRA caused all the lending.
The Lending caused the crisis.

... i will admit it is logical... it is just wrong. CRA wasn't a $1.5 trillion/year lending program. "Subprime" is not synonymous with "CRA", and I've seen several attempts by different think tanks (like the AEI, for example), to try and pretend that these two are the same thing.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They would have to be very Conservative, not Conservative Lite.

There is usually a much more conservative alternative to choose from.

Wanting to cut spending and in the next breath going after the 2nd amendment is not going to cut it.
I don't think any of the Blue Dogs go after the 2nd Amendment. You'll have to do better than that. Otherwise, your assertion that the Tea Party is not partisan is obviously untrue.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:16 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think any of the Blue Dogs go after the 2nd Amendment. You'll have to do better than that. Otherwise, your assertion that the Tea Party is not partisan is obviously untrue.
It is untrue we have covered this. Not one democrat has been or will ever be supported by the koch brothers ss arm aka tea party.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:42 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
It is untrue we have covered this. Not one democrat has been or will ever be supported by the koch brothers ss arm aka tea party.
the only SS(nazi) in this country is the fasicst liberals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies