Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 07:53 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Yeah and why now? Why no anger then? No anger during the Clinton but now very angry.Commentary: Where was Tea Party's 'anger' during Bush years? | McClatchy
For starters, Federal spending vs. GDP is currently at the worst in history except for WWII.

US Government Spending As Percent Of GDP in United States 1903-2010 - Federal State Local
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,300 posts, read 4,407,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polaroid View Post
The tea baggers are clueless you mean. We do not have a deficit problem, we have a recession problem caused by wall street and the housing bubble collapse. We only had a deficit of around 200 billion, all that with two unpaid for wars started by republicans, and the bush tax cuts that cost billions and created no jobs. The Conservative way does not work every time its tried. Low information tea baggers yelling keep your the gov. out of my Medicare wearing tricorn hats and hanging tea bags from their hair is not exactly the acts of an intellectual bunch.
Your such a typical democrat/republican (they are both the same). Your analysis of the problem is that we have a recession problem? Why don't you say what you really mean like we have a "Not-enough-people-employed-so-we-can-take-the-s#!t-out-of-them" problem? The problem is that we have spent for too much money on our empire and on foolish programs that supported even more foolish ventures (bail-outs, Fannie Mac/Mae, etc.). We are taxed enough, but - just like true junkies - the addicts want to up their doseage instead of decrease. So they paint the picture as needing more money (revenue) instead of the need to live within a budget.

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
So no they dont support any democrats correct?

At this time, I don't find any Democrat, with a Conservative enough stance to be considered. Tax and over spend, just sounds so appealing.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:54 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
ok, here is my problem I have been weened from the Obama punch, but I realize that the refuticans are just as bad (same coin different side) and the Tea party folks have the right idea, but they are nutty as a snickers bar with no negotiation skills. Is there a party that is not hell bent on sending this country into the hands of a New World Order? Iguess and my suggestion to all of you is to vote for INDIVIDUALS and not parties.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:57 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
IF as some here say the Tea Party is about being taxed then why are they up in arms against Obama sice he has not suggested raising taxes, yes he has suggested remove the tax CUTS for the righ only but that is it?
Also while on the subject why is they are not pushing for a Flat or Consumption Tax since either of those methods would be a more fair tax for ALL?
And on last question, if they are about taxes then why are they also focused on so many other social issues which have nothing to do with taxes?
Answers, anyone?
Casper

Old 08-03-2011, 07:57 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
What have progressive did that is so terrible to you. Be honest please.
You are either clueless as all He!! or are a supporter of losing the middle class. Progressive policies enabled everything you are seeing today. They repealed Glass-Steagall, instituted the various trade agreements and got the outsourcing ball rolling. Progressives are globalists and that's all they care about. They are purposely transferring OUR wealth to the rest of the world and the elite super rich who are actually running the show. If you don't kow the very planks of the party you actually support, I feel sorry for you for being duped so bad and believing it.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polaroid View Post
The tea baggers are clueless you mean. We do not have a deficit problem, we have a recession problem caused by wall street and the housing bubble collapse. We only had a deficit of around 200 billion, all that with two unpaid for wars started by republicans, and the bush tax cuts that cost billions and created no jobs. The Conservative way does not work every time its tried. Low information tea baggers yelling keep your the gov. out of my Medicare wearing tricorn hats and hanging tea bags from their hair is not exactly the acts of an intellectual bunch.
Huh? The deficit for 2010 was 1.3 trillion. Forecasts in the coming years from the OMB are incredible (bad).

Budget 2011: Past Deficits vs. Obama’s Deficits in Pictures

Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Good post.

I'm constantly hearing "the TEA party" or other implications that the movement is a political party. I try to correct people when I can, but they're too ignorant to understand.

I don't think that many of these people can grasp the idea that such a powerful political movement isn't tied to a specific party, so they either make the TEA party it's own party, or they just lump us all in with Republicans.

Several times on this forum, when someone has tried to do the latter, I've stated that I'm a registered Libertarian, and asked how that fits with the view they just stated. All I've gotten is crickets - every time.

"The TEA party is just a bunch of Christian fundamentalist Republicans!" I hear that one a lot. I tell them I'm an agnostic Libertarian and with what do they respond? Nothing...
The TEA Party movement was tied to a specific political party when it first formed. In 1974, two years after the Libertarian Party was first created, a handful of Libertarians held a TEA Party protest in Minnesota. Three years after that, in 1977, the TEA Party held their first national protest in Washington DC which included Independents, Republicans, and Libertarians. They always held their protests on April 15th, until recently.

Contrary to popular belief, Ron Paul had absolutely nothing to do with the TEA Party movement.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:59 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
IF as some here say the Tea Party is about being taxed then why are they up in arms against Obama sice he has not suggested raising taxes, yes he has suggested remove the tax CUTS for the righ only but that is it?
Also while on the subject why is they are not pushing for a Flat or Consumption Tax since either of those methods would be a more fair tax for ALL?
And on last question, if they are about taxes then why are they also focused on so many other social issues which have nothing to do with taxes?
Answers, anyone?
Casper
Why haven't the Progressives that actually controlled EVERYTHING for 2 years change the tax code to something more fair? That's your mantra isn't it? Fairness? Why didn't they pass a budget? Any answers????

Old 08-03-2011, 07:59 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
So no they dont support any democrats correct?
So fiscally conservative democrats are an oxymoron? Therein lies your answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies