Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 07:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Tea Party this...

Tea Party that...

I laugh every time the Progressives try to marginalize something that isn't there. A wild goose chase, over a phrase that they have no clue what it means or what it is.

When will the Progressives get it, that is is not the individuals that hold office.

The Tea Party is the citizen support, that likes, or dislikes a certain individuals ideas and policy. A melting pot of Constitutional Conservatives, from both sides of the isle and mainly independent voters.

A Democrat with a history of Conservative ideas, would have full support of the Tea Party.
A Republican with a history of Progressive ideas here and there, not so much support. In fact, they were removed from office in big numbers, Nov. 2nd, 2010.

This leaves the Progressives in the Democratic party with less Progressives in the Republican party to compromise with.

For the last century, no matter how you voted, you got the same thing, in a lite version, or a stout version of Progressive policy.

The Tea Party is the Change, Obama talked about, when he lied and said he was going to change the way Washington works.

The citizens that have Conservative values have changed the coarse in Washington, not Obama.

Taxed
Enough
Already
are the people that stand behind individual representatives, not the collective bunch of Conservative representatives as a whole.

It is the support, not the individuals holding office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 07:28 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Tea Party this...

Tea Party that...

I laugh every time the Progressives try to marginalize something that isn't there. A wild goose chase, over a phrase that they have no clue what it means or what it is.

When will the Progressives get it, that is is not the individuals that hold office.

The Tea Party is the citizen support, that likes, or dislikes a certain individuals ideas and policy. A melting pot of Constitutional Conservatives, from both sides of the isle and mainly independent voters.

A Democrat with a history of Conservative ideas, would have full support of the Tea Party.
A Republican with a history of Progressive ideas here and there, not so much support. In fact, they were removed from office in big numbers, Nov. 2nd, 2010.

This leaves the Progressives in the Democratic party with less Progressives in the Republican party to compromise with.

For the last century, no matter how you voted, you got the same thing, in a lite version, or a stout version of Progressive policy.

The Tea Party is the Change, Obama talked about, when he lied and said he was going to change the way Washington works.

The citizens that have Conservative values have changed the coarse in Washington, not Obama.

Taxed
Enough
Already
are the people that stand behind individual representatives, not the collective bunch of Conservative representatives as a whole.

It is the support, not the individuals holding office.
Name one democrat supported by the tea party and provide proof. Yeah the tea party is mad now because someone who will fight for the poor and middle class got in office. Not a word from you cowards when bush was busy killing the middle class.Commentary: Where was Tea Party's 'anger' during Bush years? | McClatchy

Old 08-03-2011, 07:32 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Name one democrat supported by the tea party and provide proof. Yeah the tea party is mad now because someone who will fight for the poor and middle class got in office. Not a word from you cowards when bush was busy killing the middle class.Commentary: Where was Tea Party's 'anger' during Bush years? | McClatchy
HELLO! The Tea Party was hardly more than a thought during the Bush years, for God's sake. And it didn't matter how much noise folks were making - the leftist MSM ignored the concerns of anyone who expressed concern over fiscal policy and indeed, pushed for more entitlements.

BTW - many Republicans find Joe Lieberman to be a reasonable legislator.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:35 AM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Good post.

I'm constantly hearing "the TEA party" or other implications that the movement is a political party. I try to correct people when I can, but they're too ignorant to understand.

I don't think that many of these people can grasp the idea that such a powerful political movement isn't tied to a specific party, so they either make the TEA party it's own party, or they just lump us all in with Republicans.

Several times on this forum, when someone has tried to do the latter, I've stated that I'm a registered Libertarian, and asked how that fits with the view they just stated. All I've gotten is crickets - every time.

"The TEA party is just a bunch of Christian fundamentalist Republicans!" I hear that one a lot. I tell them I'm an agnostic Libertarian and with what do they respond? Nothing...

Old 08-03-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
HELLO! The Tea Party was hardly more than a thought during the Bush years, for God's sake. And it didn't matter how much noise folks were making - the leftist MSM ignored the concerns of anyone who expressed concern over fiscal policy and indeed, pushed for more entitlements.

BTW - many Republicans find Joe Lieberman to be a reasonable legislator.
Yeah and why now? Why no anger then? No anger during the Clinton but now very angry.Commentary: Where was Tea Party's 'anger' during Bush years? | McClatchy

Old 08-03-2011, 07:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

See, you are clueless!

Name one Democrat, without Progressive big government, big spending, got to redistribute the wealth, ideas. Is there a Conservative Democrat holding office?

Old 08-03-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Good post.

I'm constantly hearing "the TEA party" or other implications that the movement is a political party. I try to correct people when I can, but they're too ignorant to understand.

I don't think that many of these people can grasp the idea that such a powerful political movement isn't tied to a specific party, so they either make the TEA party it's own party, or they just lump us all in with Republicans.

Several times on this forum, when someone has tried to do the latter, I've stated that I'm a registered Libertarian, and asked how that fits with the view they just stated. All I've gotten is crickets - every time.

"The TEA party is just a bunch of Christian fundamentalist Republicans!" I hear that one a lot. I tell them I'm an agnostic Libertarian and with what do they respond? Nothing...
Whats your take on the civil rights act?

Old 08-03-2011, 07:38 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
progressives??? what would those fascists know

Old 08-03-2011, 07:38 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
See, you are clueless!

Name one Democrat, without Progressive big government, big spending, got to redistribute the wealth, ideas. Is there a Conservative Democrat holding office?
Yeah, there are some in Congress. "Blue Dog" Democrats.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
See, you are clueless!

You said the tea party supports democrats I want proof. Ill wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies